Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    FireFox

Where are all the mindful men?

Walk and touch peace every moment.
    Walk and touch happiness every moment.
    Each step brings a fresh breeze.
    Each step makes a flower bloom.
    Kiss the Earth with your feet.
    Bring the Earth your love and happiness.
    The Earth will be safe
    when we feel safe in ourselves.

- Thich Nhat Hahn
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    dr.j

Re: Where are all the mindful men?

I READ THE BEAUTIFUL POEM AND FOUND IT TO BE JUST THAT. Asia has had a history so pathetically full of struggles, it wasn't life, it was strife.

And what about europe? same thing. so few of us know that in the olde englishe language of chaucer, the word "SELF" DIDN'T EXIST !
    Why? I'm not gonna tell u, u have to exert yourself cause the author of that poem was really stating how he must attune himself all the time for safety & peace. why? AGAIN, there's so much denialism, figure it out or continue in the l3th hour dream that some suspect will turn into a nightmare.

The author of the poem admits he doesn't feel safe, nor do 99% of asian people unless they're monied, and that's rare, there.

In Americant, we are just waking up to a sense of losing our safety in the near future. well, what are u gonna do about it? it may not be a gross revolution that is the answer. they never worked out for long in the past; the leaders gave in to temptation of great wealth, luxuries, contrived respect, and it felt good, so they choose to forget the uncomfortable past, hence it returns.

I DO NOT LEAVE U WITH A NEGATIVE, i write the obvious, and even though few know how to turn positives into negatives , we'd better learn, cause it's simple once we're desperate, as was the vast majority of a specie that hasn't been allowed to get together in order to discuss who/what has been preventing us from getting together in order to solve our COMMON NEEDS. did u really think u were gonna read something and have it change your existence for the better? spiritually mature yourselves and know we've obstacles planted before we were even created, and we may benefit from figuring out what obstacles, by whom, and how they are able to be turned into positives. THINK, MAKE THE SUPER EFFORTS, or stay where u r. oh my, isn't the climate world-class lovely here; let's go out and forget.

3. TopTop #3
    Moon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dr.Jay: View Post
    I READ THE BEAUTIFUL POEM AND FOUND IT TO BE JUST THAT. Asia has had a history so pathetically full of struggles, it wasn't life, it was strife.
    And what about europe? same thing. so few of us know that in the olde englishe language of chaucer, the word "SELF" DIDN'T EXIST !
    Why? I'm not gonna tell u, u have to exert yourself cause the author of that poem was really stating how he must attune himself all the time for safety & peace. why? AGAIN, there's so much denialism, figure it out or continue in the l3th hour dream that some suspect will turn into a nightmare.
    The author of the poem admits he doesn't feel safe, nor do 99% of asian people unless they're monied, and that's rare, there.
    In Americant, we are just waking up to a sense of losing our safety in the near future. well, what are u gonna do about it? it may not be a gross revolution that is the answer. they never worked out for long in the past; the leaders gave in to temptation of great wealth, luxuries, contrived respect, and it felt good, so they choose to forget the uncomfortable past, hence it returns.
    Well, actually, what happened to the Russian revolution is that the big capitalist
    countries got together and starved the Soviet Union out. That created an opportunity
    for a conniving, non-Communist jackal (Joseph Stalin, in case anyone was in any doubt)
    to step in and demand mindless obedience, in exchange for which he promised--but
    could not deliver--security. This is why leftists in the US, since it's the most powerful
    capitalist country, need to put our own country at the top of the list of countries to revolutionize.

Quote did u really think u were gonna read something and have it change your existence for the better? spiritually mature yourselves and know we've obstacles planted before we were even created, and we may benefit from figuring out what obstacles, by whom, and how they are able to be turned into positives. THINK, MAKE THE SUPER EFFORTS, or stay where u r. oh my, isn't the climate world-class lovely here; let's go out and forget.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-24-2008 at 06:28 PM.

4. TopTop #4
    hales

Starfire,
    if you expect to find no conscious men, you will not be disappointed.. (oh, that sounded funny.. ; / )

I suggest that you ask for what you want, and try to be the kind of friend and potential partner you want to have.. At least try to keep an open heart and an open mind.

So often I see singles ads that seem to imply that there are no good men "out there".. well, how is one supposed to respond to this double negative.. like asking someone if they have stopped beating their wife, you see?

Wishing you happiness and blessings in your love life. ; )

Scott.

5. TopTop #5
    kburgess

I'm right here, where are you???

6. TopTop #6
    ronliskey

As Thich Nhat Hahn exemplifies so well, the male-type people who are most mindful are also most unavailable, at least in the form of availability that many seem to be seeking.

But if you seek another form of availability, it is everywhere--in men, in women, in children, in trees, in music, in the wind, in the dying, in each step, in this moment... and within.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by FireFox: View Post
    The Earth will be safe

- Thich Nhat Hahn
    Last edited by Barry; 11-02-2013 at 01:29 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #7
    Star Man

Breathing at the start of every day with mindfulness

Playing and singing the blues with passion

Spiritually running sweat lodge once a month

Committedly staying clean and sober

Eating with gratitude

Appreciating profoundly rain, birds, flowers, trees, air, clouds

Providing psychotherapy with attunement and sensitivity

Praying with awareness

I am a mindful man and I am right here.

Star Man

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #8
    carlshriner

I am a mindful Man.

I am at the Interfaith meditation groups in Santa Rosa on Tuesdays & Thursdays.

Also, at the Center for Spiritual Living On Sundays.

11. Gratitude expressed by:

12. TopTop #9
    Star Man

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Star Man: View Post
    Breathing at the start of every day with mindfulness

Playing and singing the blues with passion

Spiritually running sweat lodge once a month

Committedly staying clean and sober

Eating with gratitude

Appreciating profoundly rain, birds, flowers, trees, air, clouds

Providing psychotherapy with attunement and sensitivity

Praying with awareness

I am a mindful man and I am right here.

Star Man
    Five years ago I wrote this and just found it again. I continue to live mindfully. I am learning the difference between DOING and BEING. I have semi-retired and have published two books so far. Amazon>books>john omaha. The originator of this thread asked "Where are all the mindful men?" I am interested in where are the mindful older women?

13. TopTop #10
    Valley Oak

Where Have All the Flowers Gone:

14. Gratitude expressed by:

15. TopTop #11
    Star Man

This mindful man was praying in the sweat lodge on Saturday Evening and Sunday Morning. If you want to find this mindful man you'll have to prayerfully intend that you'll find me. You may not find the man you're looking for but you might just have a spiritual awakening. Happy hunting.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #12
    DivineLightBeing

So beautiful, thank you!
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by FireFox: View Post
    The Earth will be safe

- Thich Nhat Hahn