Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    bird

Is my modem unhealthy?

I have att dsl service. The modem they provided that finally works in my area has wireless as part of it. I don't use the wireless, but the green light wireless light is on when modem is on. So with all this talk of the negative aspects of wi-fi, I would like to know if I am being blasted in my home even tho' I don't use the wireless part. Netopia is the brand name of the modem.
    Many Thanks and Peace.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Burrowowl

Re: Is my modem unhealthy?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by drumgurl: View Post
    I have att dsl service. The modem they provided that finally works in my area has wireless as part of it. I don't use the wireless, but the green light wireless light is on when modem is on. So with all this talk of the negative aspects of wi-fi, I would like to know if I am being blasted in my home even tho' I don't use the wireless part. Netopia is the brand name of the modem.
    Many Thanks and Peace.
    True long-term-exposure to WiFi and similar signals has a relatively incomplete set of studies to date. There are measurable effects from exposing organisms to EM radiation at these frequencies, but very little indication that it does or does not cause harm or produce any statistically-significant increase in various health problems. There's certainly no advantage to leaving the thing on when you don't need it (other than a few moments of inconvenience as it boots up and syncs with AT&T when you turn it back on), so you need not expose yourself to it constantly.

Personally I have a Zoom X6 in my living room where my 2-year-old child plays, and a Nintendo Wii near my TV that uses the WiFi connection for cooperative/competitive play. The Wii is normally off, but I tend to leave the X6 on continuously. It's probably less of a danger to him than his little wooden train set.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email