Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    FireFox

Conscious Relationship

Does anyone actually want one?
    From what I've seen around town as well as at work, it seems that most do not want to be Conscious, much less have a relationship.

Now I'm all about speaking my truth and walking my talk, but what do you do when you just can't communicate with the people around you? Suddenly there you are, unable to compromise.

I think we're moving into a new age and I think we need to wake up, get a grip and move forward instead of backwards.

Namaste
    Peace and Love:peacock:
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Braggi

Re: Conscious Relationship

FireFox, get a little more specific about your complaints and ask for what you want and you'll get a better response.

It's hard to solve the lack of communication when you only hint at what you want specifically.

-Jeff

Quote Posted in reply to the post by FireFox: View Post
    From what I've seen around town as well as at work, it seems that most do not want to be Conscious, much less have a relationship.

Now I'm all about speaking my truth and walking my talk, but what do you do when you just can't communicate with the people around you? Suddenly there you are, unable to compromise.

I think we're moving into a new age and I think we need to wake up, get a grip and move forward instead of backwards.

Namaste

3. TopTop #3
    FireFox

You know I was actually speaking specifically about the people I work with. Last week was kind of hard and I just felt like none of us were seeing eye to eye.

What I'd like specifically is to be able for all of us at work to really hear one another and be able to get our work done as well as have our needs met.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    FireFox, get a little more specific about your complaints and ask for what you want and you'll get a better response.

It's hard to solve the lack of communication when you only hint at what you want specifically.

-Jeff

4. TopTop #4
    Lenny

You know I was actually speaking specifically about the people I work with. Last week was kind of hard and I just felt like none of us were seeing eye to eye.
    What I'd like specifically is to be able for all of us at work to really hear one another and be able to get our work done as well as have our needs met.
    If you were launching rockets, selling shoes, performing neurosurgery, there are good days and then better days.
    Maybe you hit a spell.
    Submarine radar teacher told me: 3 things: you (sender), signal (message), and the receiver (listener). Now if there is some miscommunication, check those three for error.

The other thing I learned, and then leave you alone, is that all good talk, and screwed up talk, is based on the meaning of words, and their disagreement in the meanings. The other is syntax, or how one uses the words.

OK, I lied. Something else. What in the heck is a conscious relationship? This is a Venus / Mars thing, huh. Female/Male kind of stuff, yes?
    Sorry, never mind, and I'm outta here!

5. TopTop #5
    PeriodThree

Hi,

You've posted a number of messages on this same general theme.

I suspect that there are a lot of people who you don't really see around town who are busy being Conscious and having their own Conscious Relationships.

From reading your posts, it looks like you are out in the world trying to find someone with whom to have a conscious relationship, and you are just not finding anyone, and you are unhappy or bitter or at least mildly piqued by that fact.

I suspect that a huge part of the problem you are having is that most of the people who are interested in long term relationships are already in those LTR's. So when you are out and around town you are much more likely to run into people who don't want LTR's, since the LTR interested folks are cocooned off busy living their LTR.

As for your 'just can't communicate with the people around you?' issue...I have less sanguine advice. In some random new agey/pop psych book or another I learned that a communication is what is received.

This is less comprehensive than Lenny's Submarine radar teacher's advice...but the same general deal.

If, as you report, you can't communicate with the people around you, than I must respectfully suggest that those people _might_ simply not want your message. But that doesn't mean they are uninterested in a 'conscious relationship.'

You wrote this:
    " I think we're moving into a new age and I think we need to wake up, get a grip and move forward instead of backwards."

And honestly, I have no idea what you mean by this. I'd really be curious to learn what you mean.

Personally I pretty much think that regardless of what new age we may enter that we are all people, and that at the basic levels our needs and desires and wants and dreams are not all that different from say someone living in Athens 2500 years ago...

But it seems to me fairly obvious from your messages that you are feeling out there alone in the world, and that seems sad to me.

Let's all figure out how to not feel isolated and alone.

(which is not the same is figuring out how to find Mr/Ms Right...we can be isolated and alone and be in a relationship, and we can feel connected and whole and be single.)

As Peter says...Think Happy thoughts....

Namaste