Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    realfire

Feeding the Homeless in Sonoma for Thanksgiving ??

I am from NY and my family would go to local shelters on Thanksgiving and feed the homeless. I have not seen any postings for this in this county .

If you know a place local to Sebastopol ( maybe a community church ) that will offer this please email me ASAP

thanks
    Betina

On this festive holiday
    May we be awake through the moments

May all the gifts of your senses be emmitted to all those who are without

May all your hugggs be transmitted to all those who are without

May all your feelings swell your heart and be transformed into healing for all those who arewithout

May all your gratitude serve to balance a world where there are those who are without

May we all cease from complaining or judging and consciously BE the compassion for all those who are without

May we all be humble to those without,
    and learn from that which we have been without

May the essence of this holiday infuse the planet with TRUE LOVE
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Erika

Re: Feeding the Homeless in Sonoma for Thanksgiving ??

I don't know the name of the church but I did a see a sign for free dinner at one of the churches in Sebastopol...perhaps they could use some help?
    Last edited by Barry; 11-23-2005 at 09:24 AM.

3. TopTop #3
    ruthnew

Re: Feeding the Homeless in Sonoma for Thanksgiving ??

There are many homeless people in our communities. Many live under bridges, along the railroad tracks and other places. Most of the homeless people I know of are in Santa Rosa or on the River. There are many in the Santa Rosa downtown area during the day. I've treated a few homeless teenagers to lunch at Fresh Choice. There are many churches, agencies, shelters, kind people and stores like Trader Joe's that lend a helping hand. The West County News and Press Democrat listed places offering free meals for Thanksgiving. Many of those places would appreciate help. But, it's hard to walk in at the last minute and volunteer when people have been working hard for weeks. Now would be the time to find a place to volunteer for Christmas though many of these places always need help. If you live in the Gold Ridge Fire District in Sebastopol, we collect non-perishable food items, unwrapped new toys and blankets to distribute to needy (but not ususally homeless) people in the West County at the Hessel and Twin Hills Fire Stations. The volunteer firefighters buy hams and other perishable food plus most of the non-perishable food distributed. We do have needy people and I'm sure that if it is the desire of your heart to help, you will find opportunities. Thank you for wanting to help. I hope the replies you received did not discourage you. Ruth