Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Diane

Anyone seen small tortoise shell cat?

Opal got out just before integrating into a new/transitional home near GreenValley and Harrison Grade. If you see her please call or email me.

Diane
    510-914-4354
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    helenscott08

Re: Anyone seen small tortoise shell cat?

Hi Diane: I hope this will help you. Many years ago I was moving and had my 2 cats in car with me but one was going bananas in the container so I had to let her out of the box. While enroute to new home, I was stopped by police for something to do with one of the brake lights or something. Anyway, as I rolled down the window trying not to let the cat out, she did get out. This was in the evening about 7 PM. It was on a side street, thank goodness, but I could not get her as she ran away from me.

So I went on and finished my errand, then went back to see if I could find her. She was visible but would not come to me. Long story, it took me about 3 hours to get her to come and then only buy getting back in car, opening window far enough she could get back in, and soon she entered of her own accord. When ever I tried to grab her she would skitter off.

MY point in this is that if you go back to the area you think she got away, even if she is unfamiliar with it, and you check at various times of day, or evening, there is a good possibility you can find her and retrieve her.

Another time I had a cat in car (during the bad floods in early 80's, and I had to take them to work with me and stay overnight in office). On the way home one of them got out when I opened the car door (it was not closed well). I did not know it until I got home. Anyway, I advertised in paper under lost cat. First time, no response. I waited about 3 weeks and then advertised again. First night a call came through that was indeed my cat.

Just some ways you might find your cat again.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

helen s

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Diane:
    Opal got out just before integrating into a new/transitional home near GreenValley and Harrison Grade. If you see her please call or email me.

Diane
    510-914-4354

3. TopTop #3
    caretaker

Re: Anyone seen small tortoise shell cat?

This is the caretaker, is there any pics of the kitty, address area, advice leave food and water in the same area she was lost. most likely they always come back to the spot where they got out, sometimes they arent sure why there drawn back to the same area, but it is familar even if it was only for a moment, please let everyone know if she was found

AllAboard Animal Rescue
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by sassydog:

Hi Diane: I hope this will help you. Many years ago I was moving and had my 2 cats in car with me but one was going bananas in the container so I had to let her out of the box. While enroute to new home, I was stopped by police for something to do with one of the brake lights or something. Anyway, as I rolled down the window trying not to let the cat out, she did get out. This was in the evening about 7 PM. It was on a side street, thank goodness, but I could not get her as she ran away from me.

So I went on and finished my errand, then went back to see if I could find her. She was visible but would not come to me. Long story, it took me about 3 hours to get her to come and then only buy getting back in car, opening window far enough she could get back in, and soon she entered of her own accord. When ever I tried to grab her she would skitter off.

MY point in this is that if you go back to the area you think she got away, even if she is unfamiliar with it, and you check at various times of day, or evening, there is a good possibility you can find her and retrieve her.

Another time I had a cat in car (during the bad floods in early 80's, and I had to take them to work with me and stay overnight in office). On the way home one of them got out when I opened the car door (it was not closed well). I did not know it until I got home. Anyway, I advertised in paper under lost cat. First time, no response. I waited about 3 weeks and then advertised again. First night a call came through that was indeed my cat.

Just some ways you might find your cat again.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

helen s