Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sandra

Raw Dog/Cat Food Co-op?

Hello there,

We're soon moving to Santa Rosa from Oakland, where we belong to a co-op of folks who order Primal brand raw diets at wholesale cost for our animal friends. I'm interested in knowing if there's such a co-op already set up in Sonoma County (preferably right in Santa Rosa), OR, in hearing from you if you're interested in working to start one with us. I'm in the process of finding out from Primal if this is possible.

Thanks!
    Sandra
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Health&WellnessGal

Re: Raw Dog/Cat Food Co-op?

hi! i believe there is something like primal going on in forestville. the business is called feed this, inc. i'm looking for a part time position and would love to be involved w/ setting up something like a raw foods operation for our animal friends. keep me posted if you think i could be of assistance! kim 887-8381

3. TopTop #3
    Barbara

I raw feed our three dogs and find it expensive at best. Since I have three dogs I purchase 40 pounds of chicken backs and grind them up, adding The Honest Kitchen "Force" as a supplement. I would love to find a source of other raw meats that would not cost an arm and a leg (no pun intended).

Please let me know if/when you begin a raw food coop. I would certainly like to learn about it.

Barbara (in Bodega Bay)

4. TopTop #4
    Deborah

Hi, I also am desperately seeking a raw food source for my doggie that is reasonably priced. Keep me posted PLEASE

Thanks,

Deborah

5. TopTop #5
    alanora

I would also like to know of an inexpensive raw diet food for my small dog. I have concerns about healthily transporting/storing of raw food. Is it frozen? Safety first..... mindy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barbara: View Post
    I raw feed our three dogs and find it expensive at best. Since I have three dogs I purchase 40 pounds of chicken backs and grind them up, adding The Honest Kitchen "Force" as a supplement. I would love to find a source of other raw meats that would not cost an arm and a leg (no pun intended).

Please let me know if/when you begin a raw food coop. I would certainly like to learn about it.

Barbara (in Bodega Bay)

6. TopTop #6
    Moon

I'm with Alanora; i need to cut my cat food costs, but without resorting to cooked food
    or introducing germs into the equation. If we got one shipment, of the smallest size
    we could order, would a County lab test it for us?

7. TopTop #7
    TiffaniFeedThis

I know this is a bit late, but I just joined this morning :)

Check out our website - www.feedthis.com - we have bulk pricing available for all your raw feeding needs!

Tiffani
    Feedthis.com

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sandra: View Post
    Hello there,

We're soon moving to Santa Rosa from Oakland, where we belong to a co-op of folks who order Primal brand raw diets at wholesale cost for our animal friends. I'm interested in knowing if there's such a co-op already set up in Sonoma County (preferably right in Santa Rosa), OR, in hearing from you if you're interested in working to start one with us. I'm in the process of finding out from Primal if this is possible.

Thanks!
    Sandra

8. TopTop #8
    TiffaniFeedThis

I'd be happy to talk with anyone interested in the raw diet - whatever your concerns. Cost and bacteria are generally the first questions on people's minds :)

I've personally been feeding raw for about 13 years and my company has been feeding raw since 1999. We are happy to make the raw diet work for you, whatever your needs are.

Check us out at www.feedthis.com

Tiffani

Quote Posted in reply to the post by alanora: View Post
    I would also like to know of an inexpensive raw diet food for my small dog. I have concerns about healthily transporting/storing of raw food. Is it frozen? Safety first..... mindy

9. TopTop #9
    savewater

Dear Sandra,
    Welcome to the community.
    At the moment, I am not aware of such a co-op but may be interested in joining if there is or will be one. Just looked into Primal, which isn't feasible for my budget and feeding now 8 cats, 6 of whom are inside/outside felines.
    My daughter has rescued the 40+ felines now on the hill where we all live
    and it would be hugely fantastickk if we could feed Primal on a large scale.
    A co-op may make this a reality.
    My phone number is: 707.869.2288, which is the best way to reach me,
    if you'd like to talk when you're settled.

Many Blessings to you and your family,
    Bonnie[

quote=sandra;51721]Hello there,

Thanks!
    Sandra[/quote]