Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Microsoft fined 1.3 billion

Europeans don't tolerate Microsoft's bullshit the way we do here in the U.S:

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/b...8msoft.html?hp

Edward
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Re: Microsoft fined 1.3 billion

You think when ole Bill was writing this little system when he was a young lad that he ever would have even suggested world domination as an approach to the computer world? When I look back and I remember his collage drunk driving picture from Colorado back in the late seventies I still laugh. He’s come along wayz and I could care less about what him or jobs or anyone for that matter get in trouble for. They are still people and they may control a few things here and there but there rain of power won’t last forever. They w3ill die just like you and me and everyone will remember them for something other than world domination of the computer era. You think if the writer of redhat was as good as bill the tables would be turned and everyone would be fining Redhat and Linux? Of course they would be! REDHAT SUCKS!!!! I can’t believe they try and sell the garbage!!!!!!

This is going to make for a good debate, I can tell already, I stand by Microsoft and ole Bill just for the fact they can really write some shitttttt

3. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

The biggest problem with Microsoft is lack of competition in the operating system market. Apple and Linux combined comprise only between 10 and 15% of the OS market, tops! This leaves Microsoft with between 85 and 90% of the market share. There is effectively no competition and even in capitalist standards, this stinks worse than Nixon.

This forces all other software companies in the world, for whatever industry, for whatever application, to design their product in a hostile environment, this environment being the Windows OS (XP, Vista, etc). This is a fundamentally serious problem because any software company, in essence, is a competitor to Microsoft (but they HAVE TO engineer their 'competitive' product to 'function' within a competitor's operating system). This is like using wolves to heard your sheep. No shepherd (or software company that is not Microsoft) can be happy with this grossly unfair advantage. It is horribly uncompetitive and monopolistic.

When the Clinton administration sued Microsoft in the 90's, there was hope of splitting Microsoft into at least two new companies: one would be the producer of the Windows OS and the other(s) would continue to develop all of the other applications. But after Bush Jr. stole the elections in 2000, his administration threw out the lawsuit in 2001. Very unfortunate for everyone except Microsoft, their higher ups, their stock owners, etc. We all got reamed with a pineapple without Vaseline.

Edward

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    You think when ole Bill was writing this little system when he was a young lad that he ever would have even suggested world domination as an approach to the computer world? When I look back and I remember his collage drunk driving picture from Colorado back in the late seventies I still laugh. He’s come along wayz and I could care less about what him or jobs or anyone for that matter get in trouble for. They are still people and they may control a few things here and there but there rain of power won’t last forever. They w3ill die just like you and me and everyone will remember them for something other than world domination of the computer era. You think if the writer of redhat was as good as bill the tables would be turned and everyone would be fining Redhat and Linux? Of course they would be! REDHAT SUCKS!!!! I can’t believe they try and sell the garbage!!!!!!

This is going to make for a good debate, I can tell already, I stand by Microsoft and ole Bill just for the fact they can really write some shitttttt
    Last edited by Valley Oak; 02-28-2008 at 01:00 PM.

4. TopTop #4
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    ... reamed with a pineapple without Vaseline.

Edward

Quite a fantasy you have there Edward.

Trust me, there are better ways, just as there are better OSs than Windows.

-Jeff

5. TopTop #5
    Valley Oak

You know I've always had a kinky taste, Jeff. But I'm REALLY interested in hearing about those 'better ways' you mentioned! I'm all ears.

By the way, what was the original topic about? Oh yeah, operating systems, Microcrap's monopoly, software applications, fair market competition (as if there ever was), blah, blah, blah.

Edward

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    Quite a fantasy you have there Edward.

Trust me, there are better ways, just as there are better OSs than Windows.

-Jeff
    Last edited by Valley Oak; 02-29-2008 at 09:02 AM.

6. TopTop #6
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

I love Goggle!!! I love Microsoft! Recently Goggle oposed to the microsoft offer to buy out yahoo. I laughed as usual. and now Goggle does this. Now who the F-- cares anymore about whom takes over whom??? Anyone that has an opinon should jsut shut the F--- UP. Each one of these companys has one objective and htis is total domintaion. And the one winning alwayz taks the most heat... and the drama continues onnnn down the roaddddd...
    https://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/artic.../BU10VHR0N.DTL

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    You know I've always had a kinky taste, Jeff. But I'm REALLY interested in hearing about those 'better ways' you mentioned! I'm all ears.

By the way, what was the original topic about? Oh yeah, operating systems, Microcrap's monopoly, software applications, fair market competition (as if there ever was), blah, blah, blah.

Edward