Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    AnnaLisaW

Fibromyalgia Support Group in Santa Rosa

I have been looking for a non-professional FMS support group that meets monthly in downtown Santa Rosa. If anyone knows of one or would like to help me start one, please contact:
    AnnaLisa
    545-5711
    [email protected]
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dark Shadows

Re: Fibromyalgia Support Group in Santa Rosa

How about a chronic pain support group? This would cover a broader spectrum of issues like Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and pain from tumors, etc.

I have RA, and would like to go to a meeting that addresses/supports people with chronic pain. My daughter is also a cancer survivor (diagnosed at age six) so I feel that I might have some insight into this kind of pain, and what kinds of things were helpful.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AnnaLisaW: View Post
    I have been looking for a non-professional FMS support group that meets monthly in downtown Santa Rosa. If anyone knows of one or would like to help me start one, please contact:
    AnnaLisa
    545-5711
    [email protected]

3. TopTop #3
    Dark Shadows

Any news on chronic pain support group? In the middle of a Rhuematoid Arhtritis outbreak, very painful. Just finished first round of prednisone, heading into the second more powerfull round. Not looking forward to it. Have never had so much of it. Not fun stuff.

4. TopTop #4
    jitterbug

This workshop was designed for people living with chronic pain. I did not participate in this series, but have taken other workshops with Nichole and would recommend them. This particular series is over, but I do believe that another one will be starting soon. Contact information is available at the link.

Expressive Arts Healing Workshop | Events | Sonoma County GoLocal Cooperative

5. TopTop #5
    StormDancer

I found Purple's statements interesting. Many people, including some medical doctors and psychotherapists, who are ignorant of the latest research, would secretly agree with him. Fortunately most people are compassionate enough to not say it directly to a sufferer.
    In some ways, Purple is right, a lot of fibro has to do with brain chemicals and therefore is "all in our heads." Also "mind over matter" is one of the methods that many of us use to cope with the pain, since we are trying to avoid addictive painkillers and their side effects.
    As far as the "get over it" statement, we do everything we can to get over it and this is why we look for support groups. What works for one of us does not nessesarily work for others and there are no easy answers. Some of us do "get over it" but it usually comes back. For many, the best we can do is to just learn to "live with it."
    -AnnaLisa

PS: If you are suffering and want to learn how I have reduced my pain and greatly improved my qualitiy of life, reply privately.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #6
    Jonathan hughes

Quote Posted in reply to the post by StormDancer: View Post
    I found Purple's statements interesting. Many people, including some medical doctors and psychotherapists, who are ignorant of the latest research, would secretly agree with him. Fortunately most people are compassionate enough to not say it directly to a sufferer.
    In some ways, Purple is right, a lot of fibro has to do with brain chemicals and therefore is "all in our heads." Also "mind over matter" is one of the methods that many of us use to cope with the pain, since we are trying to avoid addictive painkillers and their side effects.
    As far as the "get over it" statement, we do everything we can to get over it and this is why we look for support groups. What works for one of us does not nessesarily work for others and there are no easy answers. Some of us do "get over it" but it usually comes back. For many, the best we can do is to just learn to "live with it."
    -AnnaLisa

PS: If you are suffering and want to learn how I have reduced my pain and greatly improved my qualitiy of life, reply privately.
    A person does not have to live with the doctor named ailments. Doctors are telling you a demonic lie. The longer a person waits the to go to upcspine and find a upper cervical specific care doctor the worse the whoever is going g to be. I am an U,C,S,advocate,and I know a lot about this subject. Spinal immbalanse can begin at birth because the top bone can shift. .No disc between the atlas, and axis vertebra. Spine is supposed to float, and move,but when there is an obvious problem a person will be able to pop the joint. That is because of spinal imbalances that have been present in the body for a long time. Symptoms, and worse will follow if one does not find a U,C,S, and be treated, No treatment will be given if scientific objective instrumentation does not indicate a need for another adjustment. Your own observations are not enough. Adjustment -treatment does not hurt. adjustment is a quick thrust one side of the neck or the other.with the wrist on the atlas bone or an atlas orthoganol mechanical devise. Montel Williams was helped with one of these-with his so called MS. This is on a video on Youtube.
    Types of chiropractors to avoid are diversified they twist the neck, and only pop the condyles of the axis, and axis vertebra, this is called cavitation. Remember that word. Avoid thart kind of treatment ,and read upcspine to learn more. Knee chest technique is also a good technique when looking for a U,C,S, practitioners in your state on the web page upcspine.Any age be checked. wait to long, and a cronic condition will develop that did not need to occur.

8. TopTop #7
    dustyfilly

thank you AnnaLisa, this is just what I am looking for.
    Pls feel free to call me or email me
    paula, [email protected]
    or 707 331 0120

AnnaLisa
    545-5711
    [email protected]

9. Gratitude expressed by:

10. TopTop #8
    StormDancer

Unfortunately this was a very old post and received little response. While I often run into people with fibro, no one has seemed interested in making a commitment to a group.
    I did find a group called the Carousel Network for people with autoimmune diseases. They also include people with fibro. They met in Santa Rosa for a while but then moved their meetings to Palm Drive Hospital in Sebastopol. Nice people with a lot of good information to share but Sebastopol is out of my travel area. (I use public transportation and avoid activities more than a couple miles from the 101 corridor due to the bus schedules.)
    This is the link to the Carousel Network:
    https://tcnsupport.org/

Another place I found good info was the National Fibromyalgia Association
    https://www.fmaware.org/site/PageServer.html

I would still be willing to help create a group in Santa Rosa if we can gather at least 5 people who are genuinely interested in forming a group. After living with this for almost 7 years, I've learned how to maintain a good quality of life. Fibromyalgia is a nuisance, but it no longer runs my life.

Good luck,

AnnaLisa

11. TopTop #9
    Bryan

I was doing research lately for a friend with painful inflammation. We found that a LOT of processed foods now are containing 'natural flavors' - but in fact, this is 100% glutamic acid (as in MSG). We see this amino acid as seriously increasing pain signals. By eliminating foods containing that on the label, AND also eliminating foods naturally high in glutamic acid (such as miso, marmite, brewer's yeast, etc.), my friend notice a substantial reduction in the pain.
    Some of the MSG related sites discussed how people with fibromyalgia are doing MSG free diets. I am interested in knowing whether people with fibromyalgia are also aware of 'natural flavors', how the food industry is camouflaging MSG as 'natural flavor', whether they have eliminated these processed foods from their diets, and whether they have had similar positive effects in pain management.

12. TopTop #10
    Greensong

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Bryan: View Post
    I was doing research lately for a friend with painful inflammation. We found that a LOT of processed foods now are containing 'natural flavors' - but in fact, this is 100% glutamic acid (as in MSG). We see this amino acid as seriously increasing pain signals. By eliminating foods containing that on the label, AND also eliminating foods naturally high in glutamic acid (such as miso, marmite, brewer's yeast, etc.), my friend notice a substantial reduction in the pain.
    Some of the MSG related sites discussed how people with fibromyalgia are doing MSG free diets. I am interested in knowing whether people with fibromyalgia are also aware of 'natural flavors', how the food industry is camouflaging MSG as 'natural flavor', whether they have eliminated these processed foods from their diets, and whether they have had similar positive effects in pain management.
    The issue goes far beyond MSG ... but yes, MSG and Aspartame (NutraSweet) and other excitotoxic chemicals and many food additives, preservatives, and other chemicals both cause and exacerbate autoimmune conditions, fibromyalgia among them.

Anyone who wishes to REVERSE (not treat or manage) an autoimmune disease should visit the website of my dear friend Jill Harrington (www.LupusRecoveryDiet.com). Jill lived right here in Mill Valley years ago when she wrote her book of the same name, The Lupus Recovery Diet. I helped her with some of the writing/editing back then. While the book's title is specific to Lupus, the principles she shares (based on her own personal experience and that of countless others all over the world) also work to reverse many other conditions caused by consuming processed foods. Check out her 3:44 introductory video on that page. Here is an excerpt from the text directly below the video:
    My name is Jill Harrington, and I recovered from systemic lupus over thirteen years ago … by changing the foods I eat.
    This specific dietary program didn’t just help me, it’s worked for many people. Yet, you’ve probably been told that diet has nothing to do with lupus. Eventually after years of being lupus free, I decided to write a book and share my story with you.I want you to know that just by making simple diet changes, MANY people HAVE successfully overcome autoimmune diseases like systemic lupus, discoid lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia.
    And here is an excerpt from her welcome letter when I joined her email group years ago:
    Hello, I am so glad that you've asked for more information on "The Lupus Recovery Diet". This book is for anyone that is seeking information on how you can recover from lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia or related diseases through your diet and lifestyle. You heard that correctly, both clinical experiences and laboratory studies have shown that diet can have a significant impact on autoimmune disease. I'm not talking about supplements or herbal remedies - just the foods you eat and the sleep you get. Many people suspect that food can flare or trigger their disease, but they don't know which foods or what to do about it.
    Seriously ... these diseases can be a thing of the past, in a few short weeks. Here is a testimonial I saved from one of Jill's e-newsletters:
    "Dear Jill, I was diagnosed with lupus and fibromyalgia and I had pains in my muscles and body, tenderness in my skin where it would hurt if anyone touched me, chronic fatigue, fevers, heart palputations, arthritis in my fingers, hands, wrists and elbows. Since I have been doing the Lupus Recovery Diet, I only felt those kinds of pains when I cheated. I'm finding that I can eat some things that other people with lupus may not be able to eat. I do eat meat sometimes without a problem but it has to be organic meat and I usually only eat chicken and fish but not too often, I mainly eat vegetarian. I forgot to tell you about my kidney. I had the lupus nephrotic syndrome as well. The doctor said once the protein loss is under 3 then I won't have the disease anymore. The last time they checked, it was 2.8 coming down from 9. They said that the numbers should be 0 but the numbers keep going down every time I see the doctor. I just wanted to thank you for your help Jill because when I first was diagnosed with lupus and I told my friends, everyone kept telling me that they had a family member who died from lupus. I think they should have kept that to themselves though. But when I saw that you got well from it, I knew there was hope for me and well, I am well now. Thanks again Jill for all of your help." Jackie Moreno Valley, California
    As for "Natural Flavors" .... this is just one of many benign-sounding ingredients that contain MSG. There are dozens of others ... here is one list from Mercola.com (https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2002/11/09/msg.aspx):
    Most are aware that MSG is something that is wise to avoid due to its negative health effects. Most are not aware that MSG is added to most infant formulas. Soy formulas in particular are loaded with MSG. This table displays some hidden sources of MSG:

These ingredients ALWAYS contain MSG:
    Glutamate Glutamic acid Monosodium glutamate
    Textured protein Hydrolyzed protein Monopotassium glutamate
    Calcium caseinate Sodium caseinate Gelatin
    Yeast extract Yeast food Autolyzed yeast
    These ingredients OFTEN contain MSG or create MSG during processing:
    Flavors & Flavorings Seasonings Natural flavors and flavorings
    Natural pork flavoring Natural beef flavoring Natural chicken flavoring
    Soy sauce Soy protein isolate Soy protein
    Bouillon Stock Broth
    Malt extract Malt flavoring Barley malt
    Whey protein Carrageenan
    Pectin Enzymes Protease
    Corn starch Citric acid Powdered milk
    anything Protein fortified anything Enzyme modified anything Ultra-pasteurized
    Some unexpected sources of MSG:
    Salad dressings Frozen meals Packaged and restaurant soups
    Cheese Reduced fat milk Chewing gum
    Ice cream Cookies Vitamin enriched foods
    Beverages Candy Cigarettes
    Medications I.V. Materials Supplements, particularly minerals
    If anyone wants help with these issues, in addition to Jill's book, you should check out our own True North Health Center here in Santa Rosa. This is where Jill first learned how to take charge of her health more than a dozen years ago. True North is a residential fasting facility as well as a health retreat location, where people come to learn how to eat and live healthfully ... and to recover from all manner of "incurable" and "terminal" diseases. Check out www.TrueNorthHealth.com.

Laurie Masters, freelance editor
    Precision Revision
    "I turn what you wrote into what you meant!"
    www.GreenSongPress.org
    [email protected]

13. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

14. TopTop #11
    norcalgal

AnnaLisa
    545-5711
    [email protected]
    Has the non professional support group been started yet. I would love to join one. I am looking for a group that shares the trials and triumphs of FMS, what has worked for you and what hasn't - spiritually, physically, mentally and emotionally. I'd be interested in starting one if hasn't happeded yet or even adding another day/time if its needed.

Lora 415-265-0067
    Santa Rosa