Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    BlueFireFairy

Seeking A Conscious Community

My goal is to purchase a plot of land and start building. I'd like to be able to find others out there who would like to start up a conscious community.

I want to have a large garden for all of us to share. I'd like to build yurts to live in. I'd like to open a well woman clinic where women could come to have their children. We'd have midwife's, doctor's and nurses on staff, all working together as a team.

I've spent a great deal of time thinking about this and I am ready to surround myself with other's who are working towards the betterment of themselves and this planet.

~Namaste and Blessings~
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Sonomamark

Re: Seeking A Conscious Community

Be sure that your plan is consistent with the zoning on the land you consider buying. One reason we still have wide open spaces in this county is that the county zoning ordinances are quite firm about limiting the number of units--built or yurts--permitted on land in the rural parts of the county. I have heard of three groups of people over the past 15 years or so who wanted to do something similar to what you describe and actually bought land, only to find that they were limited to one or two residences total. So be sure you're getting what you're looking for.

Sonomamark

Quote Posted in reply to the post by BlueFireFairy: View Post
    My goal is to purchase a plot of land and start building. I'd like to be able to find others out there who would like to start up a conscious community.

I want to have a large garden for all of us to share. I'd like to build yurts to live in. I'd like to open a well woman clinic where women could come to have their children. We'd have midwife's, doctor's and nurses on staff, all working together as a team.

I've spent a great deal of time thinking about this and I am ready to surround myself with other's who are working towards the betterment of themselves and this planet.

~Namaste and Blessings~
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email