Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

Let Us Just Keep Shopping At Wal-mart

AS I sit and wonder how wonderfully strong the US dollar once was I can’t help but wonder where it all went wrong? I mean we used to be such a strong nation. Our dollar was the bomb, and I mean this literally! IF you messed with the US you got BOMBED!!!

Where have all the morals gone? As we spiral our way down in a counter clock wards spiral, I wonder will it will lead. Will White Boyz be heading to Mexico to sit on designated street corners waiting for work? Are we just really this stupid that we can’t see past what shopping at Wal-Mart is actually going to our country? There really is just something soo wrong about buying foreign merchandize at this time in our lives that not one of US can afford such a luxury as to save a buck or two by going to such a place. Don’t you think that contributing to the buying of foreign oils is bad enough? But to import the plastics that are polluting our oceans is by far worst than we could have ever expected? Having China make all our plastic is by far the worst thing we as a county has ever done. WE err US can’t see past our own noses, our own needs, our own lives. Two patches of plastic debris sit off the California coast each the size of US. One is only about Five Hundred Miles away. Stretching into a bottleneck to the other that stretches all the way to Japan. This is all due to the import of cheap plastics that can be discarded with no monetary values attaches due to US capable of shopping at Wal-Mart.

Back in the eighties when the dollar was weak as it is today, we had a burst that threw US into the heavens. The Computer Revolution. This enabled US to start anew and really have things once again. All thru the Nineties we spiraled upwards and put the third world countries onto the map having them build factories and make our junk. Now we are all just waiting for the next revolutionary product to save US all. When it gets here it will do more harm than good! It will devastate our environment beyond our capabilities of US ever even dreaming of making a recovery. All the third world countries are already in place to manufacture such a revolutionary product. Sooo once we do come up with something every person in the world has to have I for one think we will be doomed. Not only will we be shipping our money out of the country to buy such a product, kinda like we are doing now with the import of all this plastic garbage that is polluting our environment, but also we cannot handle another product that everyone has to have. Not matter what the next revolutionary product is, WE err US cannot handle it. Our world cannot handle it. It is going to kill us all…
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Re: Let Us Just Keep Shopping At Wal-mart

All I gotta add is:

https://yeli.us/Flash/Fire.html

3. TopTop #3
    LADYWITHART

Our Rebates

Oh, yeah, and now we are going to borrow more money from China to give us a rebate so we can buy more products from China.
    Suzanne

4. TopTop #4
    MsTerry

How many computers do you have Mykil?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    . Now we are all just waiting for the next revolutionary product to save US all. When it gets here it will do more harm than good! It will devastate our environment beyond our capabilities of US ever even dreaming of making a recovery. All the third world countries are already in place to manufacture such a revolutionary product. Sooo once we do come up with something every person in the world has to have I for one think we will be doomed. Not only will we be shipping our money out of the country to buy such a product, kinda like we are doing now with the import of all this plastic garbage that is polluting our environment, but also we cannot handle another product that everyone has to have. Not matter what the next revolutionary product is, WE err US cannot handle it. Our world cannot handle it. It is going to kill us all…

5. TopTop #5
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

No doubt Mizz Terry I am to blame as much as the next person, just as you are for heating you home in the first place. I still buy my green beans in a little plastic bag, and also put my shrooms in one too. Seems the plastic is all around us. Seems like we are killing ourselves does it not? How soon before the plastic waste dump gets too close? How close is too close? When it starts washing up on the beach everyday along the California coast, on the Hawaiian Islands and Japan? When the waters off the California Coast are so doomed you can’t even go to the beach without a bio-suit of some sort to protect US? Is this our future? When this country is sooo broke it can’t even attempt to think of making an effort to start to clean it up, we will all be paying a price beyond our own checkbooks, beyond our own sanity and maybe even beyond our own souls!

My computers came second hand, I rarely buy anything new, food and fuel for my truck is my limit and I still know putting fuel in my truck to make a living is still just wrong! I know that buying green beans and shrooms by throwing them in the plastic bags they supply is just wrong. I wish it weren’t but it is. I know in my heart that buying Anything that comes from a third world country that does not even try to clean up it’s act is just wrong. What is your true feelings about this , what is true to your heart? Where are we headed?

6. TopTop #6
    MsTerry

Mykil, you know I agree with you on the plastic problem.
    Lulu tried to start a little awareness in this thread are you organic?
    but you know what? only a few people are interested in this,(184 out of 5000+) because it isn't at our door step or our beaches, it is out there in the middle of the ocean, so who cares?!

PLASTIC BAGS ARE A BIG PROBLEM !!!
    have you ever seen plastic bags stuck in trees or blown against chain-link fences?

Personally, I bring my own ( or other people's) bags to the store. I reuse my paper bags rather than recycle them into new ones. I wash out my plastic bags and reuse them. I use waxed paper to store food or lunches.
    And yes I too try to get discarded or nearly new stuff, usually for free.
    (computer stuff outdates so fast, but I can still get a lot of use out them for my limited personal use)
    Quote I know in my heart that buying Anything that comes from a third world country that does not even try to clean up it’s act is just wrong.
    Mykil, unfortunately the US is the biggest polluter and consumer.
    And our fellow American President has refused to sign the Kyoto agreement

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    No doubt Mizz Terry I am to blame as much as the next person, just as you are for heating you home in the first place. I still buy my green beans in a little plastic bag, and also put my shrooms in one too. Seems the plastic is all around us. Seems like we are killing ourselves does it not? How soon before the plastic waste dump gets too close? How close is too close? When it starts washing up on the beach everyday along the California coast, on the Hawaiian Islands and Japan? When the waters off the California Coast are so doomed you can’t even go to the beach without a bio-suit of some sort to protect US? Is this our future? When this country is sooo broke it can’t even attempt to think of making an effort to start to clean it up, we will all be paying a price beyond our own checkbooks, beyond our own sanity and maybe even beyond our own souls!

My computers came second hand, I rarely buy anything new, food and fuel for my truck is my limit and I still know putting fuel in my truck to make a living is still just wrong! I know that buying green beans and shrooms by throwing them in the plastic bags they supply is just wrong. I wish it weren’t but it is. I know in my heart that buying Anything that comes from a third world country that does not even try to clean up it’s act is just wrong. What is your true feelings about this , what is true to your heart? Where are we headed?