Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    whereiamnow

Summer In Mexico - advice wanted

Hi all--I am trying to plan a month in Mexico--would like to rent a small bunglow/house for 1-2, kitchen, bathroom-rugged yet safe. I am thinking mainland coast although I hear it may be too hot. I have travel experience but not in Mexico so am wondering a couple things:
    Does anyone have advice for area, prefer near ocean?
    Does anyone have advice for renting?

I plan on around the month of June. I would like to be involved in cultural actitivities--interacting with people. Also, appreciating ruins and historic sites. I teach English and my students are 99% Latino second language learners so of course want to work on my Spanish. I am very active outdoors so would like to be close to hiking/mtns. but also water....Very rugged is okay but as much safety as possible.
    Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Barry; 01-01-2008 at 04:07 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Allen

Re: Summer In Mexico

Give us some more info on what you want to do while you are there, your likes and dislikes etc. What time will you be there.

3. TopTop #3
    dmartinez9990

Re: Summer In Mexico - advice wanted

Quote Posted in reply to the post by whereiamnow: View Post
    Hi all--I am trying to plan a month in Mexico--would like to rent a small bunglow/house for 1-2, kitchen, bathroom-rugged yet safe. I am thinking mainland coast although I hear it may be too hot. I have travel experience but not in Mexico so am wondering a couple things:
    Does anyone have advice for area, prefer near ocean?
    Does anyone have advice for renting?

I plan on around the month of June. I would like to be involved in cultural actitivities--interacting with people. Also, appreciating ruins and historic sites. I teach English and my students are 99% Latino second language learners so of course want to work on my Spanish. I am very active outdoors so would like to be close to hiking/mtns. but also water....Very rugged is okay but as much safety as possible.
    Thanks so much!
    I may have a recommendation for you. My wife and I founded a children's center, La Casa de los Ninos, in Lo de Marcos, MX. The town is located on the beach about an hours drive North of Puerto Vallarta. Here is the center's website, www.lacasadelosninos.org It is an after school facility and our kids range in age from 6 to 16. It is only open two hours per day from Monday to Thursday....we would be very happy to have a volunteer to assist during the month of June! You will DEFINITELY get plenty of practice with your Spanish! I have a recommendation for an accomodation for you too! El Caracol RV Park and Bungalows is located on the south end of our beautiful beach and their rates are very reasonable for the summer, https://elcaracol_mx.tripod.com/frameset/fraenhom.htm As for the weather during the month of June...it is warm and humid...but...you are on the beach most of the time and in the great water! Here is the website with info about Lo de Marcos, www.ballenitas.com/lodemarcos You can email me if you would like additional information, [email protected]

4. TopTop #4
    shellebelle

Re: Summer In Mexico - advice wanted

WOW That sounds great and I wasn't even thinking of going. Just enjoying the read!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dmartinez9990: View Post
    I may have a recommendation for you. My wife and I founded a children's center, La Casa de los Ninos, in Lo de Marcos, MX. The town is located on the beach about an hours drive North of Puerto Vallarta. Here is the center's website, www.lacasadelosninos.org It is an after school facility and our kids range in age from 6 to 16. It is only open two hours per day from Monday to Thursday....we would be very happy to have a volunteer to assist during the month of June! You will DEFINITELY get plenty of practice with your Spanish! I have a recommendation for an accomodation for you too! El Caracol RV Park and Bungalows is located on the south end of our beautiful beach and their rates are very reasonable for the summer, https://elcaracol_mx.tripod.com/frameset/fraenhom.htm As for the weather during the month of June...it is warm and humid...but...you are on the beach most of the time and in the great water! Here is the website with info about Lo de Marcos, www.ballenitas.com/lodemarcos You can email me if you would like additional information, [email protected]