Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Dark Shadows

Charitable Giving - What Studies Show

I was listening to a radio show the other day where they were talking about charitable giving and there was a study done which showed that people are more likely to give money to animal welfare organizations than organizations that help children.

I was wondering what you all think about this. Is it because people empathize more with animals than children? Do they think they are cuter? I wonder.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    decterlove

Re: Charitable Giving - What Studies Show

I dunno. But I do know that apparently Conservative Heartland Christians give significantly more than us Enlightened types livin' and lovin' by the Coasts....Go figure. Are they half right or half wrong anyway?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dark Shadows: View Post
    I was listening to a radio show the other day where they were talking about charitable giving and there was a study done which showed that people are more likely to give money to animal welfare organizations than organizations that help children.

I was wondering what you all think about this. Is it because people empathize more with animals than children? Do they think they are cuter? I wonder.

3. TopTop #3
    Dark Shadows

Well, I think that has to do with where a person is psychologically. Even though we think we are more open-minded out here, some of us are basically too judgemental to respect another point of view. Heartland Christians have accepted what's in the Bible as fact, and maybe that means they are gullible and more likely to shell out bucks. Maybe not, all I know is that the world's charities would be in pretty bad shape if they had to depend on us enlightened people.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by decterlove: View Post
    I dunno. But I do know that apparently Conservative Heartland Christians give significantly more than us Enlightened types livin' and lovin' by the Coasts....Go figure. Are they half right or half wrong anyway?

4. TopTop #4
    Lorrie

I think it is because the advertising or mail is usually animal donation requests... When is the last time you got something for donations to children in the mail? I mostly get my address labels from animal donation requests... What do you think? Could that be a reason?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Dark Shadows: View Post