Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    decterlove

Gender appreciation thread....K.I.S.S.

I've notice lots of debate and contention between genders of the opposite sex lately on several threads.....here's my challenge.

Can you create a simple compliment or validation for the opposite sex and do it in one sentence?

And if you would care to, back it up with one small anecdote demonstrating its' plausibility?

I'll volunteer a starter first...here goes...

I've been involved with several women who were very funny and playful and I'll always remember them fondly for that quality.

My little anecdote...I used to listen to hypnosis tapes before going to sleep when I was involved with my third "true love." For whatever reason, I can't remember at this point...I got a tape that was supposed to remove or reduce guilt. She noticed the title one night and as I closed my eyes and began to listen to it, she leaned over and whispered the words softly over the earphones..."You are guilty! You are guilty!"

I still get a giggle out of that one.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Tinque

Re: Gender appreciation thread....K.I.S.S.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by decterlove: View Post
    I've notice lots of debate and contention between genders of the opposite sex lately on several threads.....here's my challenge.

Can you create a simple compliment or validation for the opposite sex and do it in one sentence?

And if you would care to, back it up with one small anecdote demonstrating its' plausibility?

I'll volunteer a starter first...here goes...

I've been involved with several women who were very funny and playful and I'll always remember them fondly for that quality.

My little anecdote...I used to listen to hypnosis tapes before going to sleep when I was involved with my third "true love." For whatever reason, I can't remember at this point...I got a tape that was supposed to remove or reduce guilt. She noticed the title one night and as I closed my eyes and began to listen to it, she leaned over and whispered the words softly over the earphones..."You are guilty! You are guilty!"

I still get a giggle out of that one.
    I could very easily ,in one sentence, give this matter my statement. But I am sure it would not , maybe , be appropriate to post.I am speaking of compliments!

3. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tinque: View Post
    I could very easily ,in one sentence, give this matter my statement. But I am sure it would not , maybe , be appropriate to post.I am speaking of compliments!
    Go for it! If necessary I'll move it to Censored...

4. TopTop #4
    Braggi

Barry, I think you're supposed to use your imagination.

-Jeff

5. TopTop #5
    decterlove

Yeah Barry. Go ahead. Use your imagination. We'll move it to censored for ya if necessary!

Gee I was hoping to generate a more lofty discussion with this thread but WTF I'll take what I can get....anything to get off that other "discussion".

Help! I've falling into a thread and I can't get out!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    Barry, I think you're supposed to use your imagination.

-Jeff

6. TopTop #6
    AnnaLisaW

I liked Justice Sandra Day O'Connor's reply to a man who was a little put off with the idea of a woman on the Supreme Court.
    He said "I've always thought of women as soft and cuddly."
    She replied, "I feel the same way about men and I hope you haven't been disappointed as often as I have."

The older I get, the more I see men as simply human.
    -AnnaLisa

7. TopTop #7
    shellebelle

Okay its not a positive about my opposite gender whom I love dearly but its one that gets me giggling every time! They asked her (Ruth Graham) did she ever think about divorce and she said, 'No, I've never thought of divorce in all these 35 years of marriage, but,' she said, 'I did think of murder a few times Billy Graham

Gotta love an honest woman! After years in the public eyes she didn't leave him or kill him - an amazing woman!
    Last edited by Barry; 11-25-2007 at 08:50 PM.

8. TopTop #8
    santarosie

I really do appreciate and desire a relationship with a nice guy, one who treats me with kindness, respect, and patience, accepts me just the way I am, and one who has a generous spirit, unquestionable integrity, and compassion for all.

Seek the one who knows you are special!
    Last edited by Barry; 11-25-2007 at 08:49 PM.

9. TopTop #9
    TayanaGirl37

I read once that Joann Woodward, when asked what it was like to be married to the sexiest man alive (Robert Redford at the time), she replied. "I've no idea. I do know that I'm married to a man who makes me laugh every day."

aka...belly laugh on what are women looking for post.
    Last edited by Barry; 11-25-2007 at 08:50 PM.