Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    fivebluedots

Are you in your 30s or late 20s?

I'm looking to make some friends in my age group in this area. Interested in any of the following: hiking, live music, cooking, making things, dance, contemporary art, travel, coffeehouses rather than bars?

I am 32, an MFA-trained artist and a massage therapist who grew up in Santa Rosa, has lived in So. Cal., NJ, NYC, Ithaca, NY and now Sebastopol.

Thanks!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    FireFox

Re: Are you in your 30s or late 20s?

I'm 35

Quote Posted in reply to the post by fivebluedots: View Post
    I'm looking to make some friends in my age group in this area. Interested in any of the following: hiking, live music, cooking, making things, dance, contemporary art, travel, coffeehouses rather than bars?

I am 32, an MFA-trained artist and a massage therapist who grew up in Santa Rosa, has lived in So. Cal., NJ, NYC, Ithaca, NY and now Sebastopol.

Thanks!

3. TopTop #3
    caputmedusae

I'm 32.

4. TopTop #4
    piscean75

I'm 33 and also returning to Sebastopol.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by FireFox: View Post
    I'm 35

5. TopTop #5
    bookofdays

Hi ,

I am 28. I also enjoy juice bars or tea / coffee houses
    over bars..enjoy music , culture, art, nature..health and healing,
    studying diet , nutrition and natural medicine...

Fairly new in california..but very acquainted with the area..feel free to drop a line to say hello :-)

6. TopTop #6
    fivebluedots

Thanks for your reply. I'm finally checking back in after a long hiatus. Please email if you're still looking for potential new friends....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by FireFox: View Post
    I'm 35

7. TopTop #7
    earthbuilder

Hey,

I am a 36 year old MFA trained artist who grew up in the midwest and has lived in (besides Missouri) Seattle, Baltimore and now Sacramento. I am currently attempting to make my move to Sebastopol. My son's mother is a massage therapist amongst other things and we were together for almost 10 years before separating, so I know all about bodywork. I too love love hiking, camping, music, art, etc. and I am looking for friends as well.

Peace,
    B

8. TopTop #8
    DevaKai

If everyone is still interested, we should meet up at Infusions in Sebastopol sometime soon. :) I've been away from here for quite awhile and would love to make new friends. :)

Namaste

Quote Posted in reply to the post by fivebluedots: View Post

Thanks!

9. TopTop #9
    MWESLEY23

Quote Posted in reply to the post by DevaKai: View Post
    If everyone is still interested, we should meet up at Infusions in Sebastopol sometime soon. :) I've been away from here for quite awhile and would love to make new friends. :)

Namaste

i would like to be a part of this gathering if it ever actually takes place, i am always looking for intellegent, fun people who want to hang out somewhere other than the bar (boring!)
    let me know

10. TopTop #10
    philpsych5

Hi All,

I've been looking for you! I'm 32, into rock climbing, biking, swimming, meditating, hiking, and studying at cafes, (and yes, I'm a massage therapist as well). It would be great to figure out a way to meet up. Let me know if this is uncouth, but I'm just going to go ahead and put something concrete out there: This Monday, April 20th, I'm heading to Vertex Climbing gym in Santa Rosa at 7pm. I'm happy to show anyone the ropes (so to speak). You can e-mail me directly if you're interested so I'll know to look for you. Also feel free to e-mail me directly about doing any of the above activities. I do a regular non-denominational meditation/tea service out of my house every Sunday at 8pm as well, so feel free to contact me about that as well. Cheers!

Phil

11. TopTop #11
    Quintessence

I hope this works for you, Phil. However, in my experience (and my kids are in their 20s) women like being asked out in particular, not in general. They are like little fish, when you cast a large net, they all slip through the holes. They don't like being "caught" when they don't know the fisherman.
    Just my $0.02, hoping for the best for you. I suggest you hang out at the aforementioned rocking, biking, swimming, meditating, cafe-ing spots and approach a woman who to you looks interesting. Most of them are not reading your posts, and most of them that are won't reply. Just my $0.02, hoping for the best for you. But in my experience I am very hesitant to expect anything from online ads (sorry, but yours is).

Cheers,
    Jon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by philpsych5: View Post
    Hi All,

I've been looking for you! I'm 32, into rock climbing, biking, swimming, meditating, hiking, and studying at cafes, (and yes, I'm a massage therapist as well). It would be great to figure out a way to meet up. Let me know if this is uncouth, but I'm just going to go ahead and put something concrete out there: This Monday, April 20th, I'm heading to Vertex Climbing gym in Santa Rosa at 7pm. I'm happy to show anyone the ropes (so to speak). You can e-mail me directly if you're interested so I'll know to look for you. Also feel free to e-mail me directly about doing any of the above activities. I do a regular non-denominational meditation/tea service out of my house every Sunday at 8pm as well, so feel free to contact me about that as well. Cheers!

Phil

12. TopTop #12
    philpsych5

Hi Jon,

After reading all the posts in this thread, my sense that this was about general friendships for this age range, men and women - which was my intention for the post.

But yes, I think what you said is important about getting to know someone such that they are seen and treated as special individuals as opposed to anonymous objects to be reeled in, for whatever purposes we have. A good reminder for us all . . .

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Quintessence: View Post
    I hope this works for you, Phil. However, in my experience (and my kids are in their 20s) women like being asked out in particular, not in general. They are like little fish, when you cast a large net, they all slip through the holes. They don't like being "caught" when they don't know the fisherman.
    Just my $0.02, hoping for the best for you. I suggest you hang out at the aforementioned rocking, biking, swimming, meditating, cafe-ing spots and approach a woman who to you looks interesting. Most of them are not reading your posts, and most of them that are won't reply. Just my $0.02, hoping for the best for you. But in my experience I am very hesitant to expect anything from online ads (sorry, but yours is).

Cheers,
    Jon

13. TopTop #13
    Quintessence

Quote Posted in reply to the post by philpsych5: View Post
    Hi Jon,

After reading all the posts in this thread, my sense that this was about general friendships for this age range, men and women - which was my intention for the post.

But yes, I think what you said is important about getting to know someone such that they are seen and treated as special individuals as opposed to anonymous objects to be reeled in, for whatever purposes we have. A good reminder for us all . . .
    I see, the non-gender nature of your post does change things........... I confess the "I am looking for you....." sounded to me like something you would see on the dating pages, but "my bad" for making assumptions..... as I said, hope it works!

Jon

14. TopTop #14
    Kai

I think wall climbing sounds fun.
    I'd be down for that.

15. TopTop #15
    Etain

I will be moving to Sebastopol in the fall and love hiking just putting it out there if any like minded individual is up for it.Mabye make a group thing or something like that.