Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Ives Park hedge being removed! Here's why...

During my morning walk I was aghast to see the hedge being removed from the west end of Ives park (along Jewell Ave and Willow street in Sebastopol). It looked so barren and exposed!

I checked in with the workers who told me they were being removed because they crowded the sidewalk and the handicapped couldn't get through. However they are going to plant a new hedge set back from the sidewalk a bit more. So it should be OK, after a few years...

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    PeaceinMedicine

Re: Ives Park hedge being removed! Here's why...

I walk my dog by Ives Park nearly every day. I think it is great open now and full of light. I hope they plant a hedge that is less tall and dense. the openness the park has now is nice in my opinion.

-Robert

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    During my morning walk I was aghast to see the hedge being removed from the west end of Ives park (along Jewell Ave and Willow street in Sebastopol). It looked so barren and exposed!

I checked in with the workers who told me they were being removed because they crowded the sidewalk and the handicapped couldn't get through. However they are going to plant a new hedge set back from the sidewalk a bit more. So it should be OK, after a few years...

3. TopTop #3
    Geoffrey

Re: Ives Park hedge being removed! Here's why...

On the other hand, the west end of the park no longer has much of an intimate feeling -- I feel like I'm pretty much on the street when I'm at the picnic benches. The picnic (and stage) area isn't that big to begin with, so I'd hate to permanently lose the intimacy.

--Geoffrey