Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    radio4progressives

Do you know about theRealnews network?

Dear Waccovites,

Two and a half years ago I was privileged to attend the 2005 Media Reform Conference held in St. Louis, Mo. sponsored by Free Press (Bob McChesney and Jon Nichols) where I was pleased to hear, meet, and talk with such luminaries as Naomi Kline (and many other great journalists) and had learned about a new and exciting (and much needed) alternative television news network that was at the time in a sort of embryonic stage of development.

I have been monitoring it's organizational progress ever since learning about them, and am pleased to see it is at long last ready for prime time.

If you are not currently aware of this new and vibrant real news media (one that is NOT corporate or government financed), theRealnews network promises to launch (television cable and satellite format/carriage) in early '08.. just in time for the U.S. Presidential Primaries. Currently it is (and has been operating) on-line (format)..

I strongly encourage and suggest that theRealnews be a regular source of news not only for our community, but to reach populations in the rest of the country and world over. theRealnews is based in Toronto but intends to reach the entire North American continent.

Check it out and see if you won't agree as to it's significance and importance:

theRealnews network

By the way, here is an interesting (and important) interview on the current saber rattling with Iran. (It's in four short parts).

Last edited by radio4progressives; 09-30-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: fixing broken links
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Moon

Realnews network?

Thanks for letting us know about this; it's better than NPR's news.

[quote=radio4progressives;38742]Dear Waccovites,
    Two and a half years ago I was privileged to attend the 2005 Media Reform Conference held in St. Louis, Mo., sponsored by Free Press (Bob McChesney and Jon Nichols) where I was pleased to hear, meet, and talk with such luminaries as Naomi Kline (and many other great journalists) and had learned about a new and exciting (and much needed) alternative television news network that was at the time in a sort of embryonic stage of development.
    I have been monitoring its organizational progress ever since learning about them, and am pleased to see it is at long last ready for prime time.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email