Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    flygal

Need advice on Candida Free Diet

HI, I am looking into beginning a Candida free diet due to some health issues I am experiencing. Therefore, I am wondering if there are any nutritionists or others that have personal experience, expertise, or guidance in this area?

Is there a wellness center of some sort that offers help?

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    CoachLenore

Re: Need advice on Candida Free Diet

Hi There,

I have spent years dealing with Candida & have researched it throughout this time. I have some really good suggestions that I have tried...successfully...and would like to share with you. You can write me at: [email protected] or we can set a phone appt. Let me know how to call you.
    Lenore

Quote Posted in reply to the post by flygal: View Post
    HI, I am looking into beginning a Candida free diet due to some health issues I am experiencing. Therefore, I am wondering if there are any nutritionists or others that have personal experience, expertise, or guidance in this area?

Thank You!

3. TopTop #3
    Cleansing Ministries

I run Cleansing Ministries and have all kinds of modalities that help eliminate candida. Fredric Patenaude also claims that Green Smoothies help to eliminate candida along with elimination of fats. If you send me your e-mail I can attach his report onto it so you can read for yourself.

I have many pamphlets on candida free diets. Come on in a pick one up.

Cleansing Ministries
    2230 Professional Dr., Suite D
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    707-545-4569
    [email protected]
    www.cleansingministries.com

Thank You!

4. TopTop #4
    Rucira

I am aware that u want to think of creating an inhospitable environment for yeast which means low on sugar and other stuff that yeast likes to grow in. drinking some vinegar every day is helpful along with yogurt, as well as probiotics, kefir, tofu, lemons, tomatoes, put things in your diet that yeast wont be drawn to. kick out things like beers, candy, soda pop, excessive fruits and too much in the way of cereals. lots of raw fruit and veges is fine. its the processing that attracts yeast. most everyone is allergic to mold. perhaps a filter in your house will help out too.
    Last edited by Barry; 09-24-2007 at 06:48 PM.

5. TopTop #5
    AnnaLisaW

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Rucira: View Post
    ...drinking some vinegar every day is helpful along with yogurt...
    Good advice, but I'd like to include that drinking vinegar should be done sensibly. For most of us 1 tablespoon is plenty. If your system tends to be acidic (i.e. your silver jewelry leaves black tarnish on your skin) be very cautious.
    -ALW

6. TopTop #6
    CoachLenore

White vinegar is great for cleaning; however, only apple cider vinegar is healthy for your body.
    LB

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AnnaLisaW: View Post
    Good advice, but I'd like to include that drinking vinegar should be done sensibly. For most of us 1 tablespoon is plenty. If your system tends to be acidic (i.e. your silver jewelry leaves black tarnish on your skin) be very cautious.
    -ALW

7. TopTop #7
    iaim2xl
    Supporting member

I agree with the need for caution, but for a different reason.

I suggest you get your blood tested to determine what's actually going on inside your body. Without that specific, scientific knowledge, you really don't know what your body needs and what it doesn't. There are reasons why your body may be high in candida, and treating the symptoms without knowing the real cause may be ignoring an important warning sign your body is giving you.

You also have to be careful about all the advice you'll get from well-meaning people. What's good for one person can be poison to another and vice versa. Amy Joy Smith is a medically trained professional with 22 years experience who blends her knowledge of western medicine with the use of natural herbs and supplementation to help people optimize their health. She also does blood testing before she ever recommends taking anything. You can visit her web site at www.NutriEssentials.com. There are scores of local people here who will tell you about the effectiveness of her approach.

Good luck!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AnnaLisaW: View Post
    -ALW

8. TopTop #8
    Cleansing Ministries

I do Electro-Dermal Acupuncture by Dr. Voll through which by reading the energy levels of 40 control meridian points it can be determined what is causing the imbalance and what energy, like candida, is causing it. By doing this you do not need a blood test. It can also determine which supplements will balance energy levels.

Karen Miller-Youst
    Cleansing Ministries
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    707-545-4569

Quote Posted in reply to the post by iaim2xl: View Post

I suggest you get your blood tested to determine what's actually going on inside your body. Without that specific, scientific knowledge, you really don't know what your body needs and what it doesn't. There are reasons why your body may be high in candida, and treating the symptoms without knowing the real cause may be ignoring an important warning sign your body is giving you.

You also have to be careful about all the advice you'll get from well-meaning people. What's good for one person can be poison to another and vice versa. Amy Joy Smith is a medically trained professional with 22 years experience who blends her knowledge of western medicine with the use of natural herbs and supplementation to help people optimize their health. She also does blood testing before she ever recommends taking anything. You can visit her web site at www.NutriEssentials.com. There are scores of local people here who will tell you about the effectiveness of her approach.

Good luck!

9. TopTop #9
    Cleansing Ministries

I personally had multiple candida infections. For years now I have not. I am a Holistic Health practitioner with electromagnetic equipment, colon hydro therapy, herbs, energetic products, and electro-dermal acupunture by Dr. Voll to aid in keeping candida in check.

Love, Blessings, and Gratitude,
    Karen Miller-Youst
    Cleansing Ministries
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    707-545-4569

Thank You!

10. TopTop #10
    CoachLenore

I would suggest you go online to: www.bodyecologydiet.com I have found so much info. here for my challenges with candida, chronic Lyme & reactions to meds.
    Coach Lenore

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SandBar: View Post
    ------------
    I would recommend you go to a professional who's worked with this... A good person to see is Dr. Ed Bauman at Bauman Nutrition/Bauman College in Penngrove 707-795-1284. You can check him out at www.BaumanCollege.com.

good luck.
    sandy

11. TopTop #11
    Rucira

using a personal hand held shower for thorough cleansing, wiping front to back , dont have anal sex prior to vaginal sex without in between washing, and never wearing underwear , and avoiding clothing and darkness will end vaginal yeast infections. unless ur catching it over and over again from partner. in which case they need treatment even if they are male. ive heard of people carrying systemic candida infections and i believe there is some homeopathic preventatives u can pick up in most health stores. remember, yeast is a plant.

Karen Miller-Youst
    Cleansing Ministries
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    707-545-4569
    [/quote]

12. TopTop #12
    Dynamique

I concur with the suggestion that you need to find out what is going on with your particular, unique physiology.

There are two local resources that have worked for me and recommend:

1. Better Health lab in Rohnert Park
    They do a saliva-based test that tells you what you should eat, what you should avoid, and what supplements and homeopathic remedies you need if you opt for that level of testing. It's expensive, but the program does work if you stick with it. (Alas, they need to improve/fix their billing procedures -- be prepared for a snafu.)

2. Treya Palmer, Naturapathic Physician at Ordinary Miracles in Cotati. She's a licensed ND in Ohio but her license does not transfer to California, unfortunately, so she cannot practice as an ND here. She does some kind of electrical resistance testing. It's bizarre, but the info is very helpful. Treya has a solid knowledge of physiology and organic chemistry, which is unusual for an "alternative" practitioner.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by iaim2xl: View Post

You also have to be careful about all the advice you'll get from well-meaning people. What's good for one person can be poison to another and vice versa.

13. TopTop #13
    Jupiter13

The Dhyana Center on Atkinson Road in Sebstopol is wonderful. The practictioners there have helped with my yeast related probs. Plus they can tell you what is out of balance (or not) in your entire system. Not sure of website but they have one, you can Google.

Good luck

14. TopTop #14
    cjshomeopathy

Candida is a sign of imbalance in your body. Treating these symptoms with diet alone is like putting a band aid on a spot of mold on your living room wall. I recommend that you look to detoxing, as well as to supporting your system nutritionally. Homeopathy works well to help your body regain homeostasis (I also recommend a mineral detox and herbs). If you'd like to chat, please call me: 707-206-9779.
    Cathleen Springer, C.Hom.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SandBar: View Post
    ------------
    I would recommend you go to a professional who's worked with this... A good person to see is Dr. Ed Bauman at Bauman Nutrition/Bauman College in Penngrove 707-795-1284. You can check him out at www.BaumanCollege.com.

good luck.
    sandy

15. TopTop #15
    Cleansing Ministries

Yes, one needs to look at the whole picture. That is why at Cleansing Ministries we offer many different modalities to aid in detox and pathogenic elimination, and carry herbs, homeopathic and vibrational remedies to aid and support this process. But, also, teach you how to improve your home enviroment, your personal hygiene, and help you understand the kind of clothing to wear to be free of candida infections.

Sonoma County has a high fungal/mold count. It is in the air we breath, in the forest, in the swamps, and in most homes. I recommend and distribute the Aranizer.

The Aranizer™ air purifier is by far the most advanced and effective technology available today for air purification, pollution control and removal. Many air purifiers claim to clean the air, but what they fail to mention is that the air must pass through the air purifier!

The Aranizer™ air purifiers work differently. The Aranizer™ air purifier creates Aran™, a special high level form of activated oxygen, which seeks out and destroys polluntants, bacteria, mold spores and pet dander, not only in the air but on surfaces as well!

The Aranizer™ air purifier is the safe, effective, and affordable solution to indoor air pollution, unleashing the natural purifying power of Oxygen to purify the air. The Aranizer™ makes your environment cleaner and healthier.

The Aranizer™ air purifier is available in a wide range of models that cover residential, commercial, and industrial applications.

Come to our Open House today from 1-4 pm or call for an appointment or tour of our facility.

Karen Miller-Youst
    Cleansing Ministries
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    707-545-4569

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cjshomeopathy: View Post
    Candida is a sign of imbalance in your body. Treating these symptoms with diet alone is like putting a band aid on a spot of mold on your living room wall. I recommend that you look to detoxing, as well as to supporting your system nutritionally. Homeopathy works well to help your body regain homeostasis (I also recommend a mineral detox and herbs). If you'd like to chat, please call me: 707-206-9779.
    Cathleen Springer, C.Hom.
    Last edited by Cleansing Ministries; 09-30-2007 at 07:29 AM. Reason: spacing

16. TopTop #16
    Si'paz

candida is the result of an overly high percentage of dietary fat which in the bloodstream blocks you bodys insulin of doing its job and attatching to the excess sugar to make it exit. the yeast then thrives on the over abundance. many people have rid this problem which only really lives 48 hours by cutting all overt fat from the diet for at least a week. enjoy your fruit to the utmost, check out www.foodnsport.com

17. TopTop #17
    Cleansing Ministries

You can click on the attachment below to read Fredric Patenaude's Fruit Report. It totally concures with your statement.

Karen Miller-Youst
    Cleansing Ministries
    Santa Rosa, CA 95403
    707-545-4569

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Si'paz: View Post
    candida is the result of an overly high percentage of dietary fat which in the bloodstream blocks you bodys insulin of doing its job and attatching to the excess sugar to make it exit. the yeast then thrives on the over abundance. many people have rid this problem which only really lives 48 hours by cutting all overt fat from the diet for at least a week. enjoy your fruit to the utmost, check out www.foodnsport.com

18. TopTop #18
    bethlove

In reponse to your request for candida diet info. I am a Theta Healing practitioner, this work includes medical intuition, actually looking inside your body to see exactly what is going on (this is non- invasive), changing beliefs that the candida may be clinging to and some help from the physical world such as diet and suppliments. I am willing to offer 1 complimentary session of this work as a gift to my comunity.
    I can tell you off hand that candida is often related to feelings of resentment and being to self critical. Also candida can often be a symton of something deeper going on, such as heavy metal poisoning although not neccissarily. I saw some suggestions for you to drink vinegar which I would actually discouarage as it is fermented and yeast feeds on this, I would also suggest staying away from all sugar (including fruit for a while), no bread, no processed foods ect.
    luck, love, and blessings to you. feel free to call. beth 707-529-4577