Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    PeaceinMedicine

UPDATE: Seeking Funding Angel(s) – Peace in Medicine

Funding Needed:
    Funding Angels are needed: YES-It’s the home stretch to Peace in Medicine’s vision becoming a tangible reality! Thanks to all our generous supporters, we have raised $125,000, more than two-thirds of the $180,000 needed to open. BUT-we are still $55,000 away from our funding goal necessary to open our doors as scheduled on October 2nd. We have to keep the momentum going, and now is when Peace in Medicine needs you the most. We have received donations and loans ranging from $15 to $35,000, and every dollar counts. Any contribution helps, no matter how small, so please, open your hearts and your wallets and support a ground-breaking, history-making Sebastopol endeavor. Help us help the community realize the dream--a healthy, positive place for patients to have safe and affordable access to medicine and alternative health therapies.

ALL funds we receive over the next 3 weeks will be going directly to indispensable operations projects such as the installation of the security systems, essential member services equipment, ADA compliance and much more. The opening of Peace in Medicine cannot happen until these projects are complete. Please, we need your support!

We are in a critical state and must raise these funds. Many of you have mentioned that you are interested in providing a loan or donation to Peace in Medicine or you know someone who might. This is the time to make it happen and follow up with any and all leads. You can provide me with a potential donor/lender’s contact information and I will follow-up with them or ask them to contact me. For supporters interested in extending a loan to Peace in Medicine, we offer a market-competitive interest rate. More detailed financial documents and our business plan are available for review for serious inquiries by scheduling an appointment with myself or with our CFO, Carl Kerwick.
    Remember, every dollar counts and your generous support is greatly appreciated.

Donations can be given via Visa, MasterCard, AMEX or Discover via our web-site at: https://www.peaceinmedicine.org/home.html . Just click the “Make a Donation” button and follow the prompts.

Construction:
    Leff Construction has done an amazing job at keeping our costs down and the schedule on time. I’m thankful to have such a construction team. So far we have passed inspections with flying colors and we will continue to do so with the multiple inspections to come.

This past weekend 15 volunteers came down and worked hard in the blazing heat to put on the fresh coat of eco-friendly paint. It was a lot of work, but a great time was had by all. The most invigorating part of the process was the intersection of Peace in Medicine’s supporters, many of them meeting for the first time and everyone working together to create our space.

Due to a major in-kind donation from a flooring company that wishes to remain anonymous we will have renewable bamboo floors installed next week. Another donation was gifted by a 30+ year Sebastopolian resident and cabinet builder who will be completing the cabinetry and member services counter top. Because of the caliber of our contributors, Peace in Medicine has been able to maintain our commitment to building a healing center that patients can feel proud to be part of, a clean, bright center that is thoroughly integrated into the community.

Lastly, a great thanks to Robert Anderson the Architect, who prepared our drawings for construction and the city, decided to provide his services pro bono, free of charge. Thank you to Bob!!

Peace in Medicine is Hiring:
    This week we are hiring 2 safety host positions. We are looking for friendly, responsive, customer service oriented staff. To find out more about the opening please go to: https://www.peaceinmedicine.org/safetyHost.html . Hurry, the interviews are happening today and tomorrow. If you’re interested you can contact [email protected] . No calls please.

Fundraising Gala:
    On August 18th we held our Fundraising Gala, raising over $10,000. Thank you to all the donors, volunteers, and participants that made the event happen. Mitcho our Public Relations Board Member put a lot of heart and soul into the evening that brought about a memorable affair. The night was a blast with local, regional, and state representatives in attendance. Specifically Maddy Hirshfield and Rue Furch, both candidates for District 5 Supervisor attended and showed their support for safe, friendly, and educational access to medicine.

As a final note, I cannot stress how important your financial support is in the coming days. In the early days of Peace in Medicine, someone said the project was “ambitious,” and indeed it is, possibly the most ambitious project I’ve been involved with. But I believe this “ambitious project” can be realized if people step forward now. If you had any hesitations before, if you believed that someone else would do it and that you needn’t act, that time has passed. We need everyone who believes in Peace in Medicine to step forward in an act of solidarity to pave the way for the future of alternative health providers. I believe in this organization, I believe in the people it is being built to serve, and I believe in the community who is helping to build it. Please help this dream become a reality.

Find Peace in Medicine,

Robert Jacob
    [email protected]
    707-823-4206
    Peace in Medicine
    Community Funded, Community Built, Community Service
    Last edited by PeaceinMedicine; 09-05-2007 at 05:30 PM. Reason: wrong text posted. ooops. ;-)
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email