Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    AnnaLisaW

Responding to Poll and Discussions

(This is a public response to a private email.)

The only polls I have really noticed were the abortion one and circumcision one. I think it is important to engage in open dialog on topics like these. Especially the on topics of a spiritual nature that they don’t teach people about in school. I really like the way WaccoBB is structured because it allows me to ignore the trolls and anything that does not interest me.
    I believe controversy is good. Discussion of controversial subjects helps us reexamine and update our beliefs especially if those who disagree with us are polite, respectful and informative. I believe rude people should be ignored, not responded to. There is no point in rewarding someone for acting like a troll. When someone is just trying to push my buttons, they are not helping me to better understand a different viewpoint. I don't need to be angry to speak my mind. I'm much more effective when I am calm and thoughful. Unless someone is willing to be polite and respectful, I will not waste my time with him or her. I am here to learn and share, not rant and rave.

Blessings, AnnaLisa
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Valley Oak

Re: Responding to Poll and Discussions

Thank you for your well thought out response, AnnaLisa.

Edward

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AnnaLisaW: View Post

The only polls I have really noticed were the abortion one and circumcision one. I think it is important to engage in open dialog on topics like these. Especially the on topics of a spiritual nature that they don’t teach people about in school. I really like the way WaccoBB is structured because it allows me to ignore the trolls and anything that does not interest me.
    I believe controversy is good. Discussion of controversial subjects helps us reexamine and update our beliefs especially if those who disagree with us are polite, respectful and informative. I believe rude people should be ignored, not responded to. There is no point in rewarding someone for acting like a troll. When someone is just trying to push my buttons, they are not helping me to better understand a different viewpoint. I don't need to be angry to speak my mind. I'm much more effective when I am calm and thoughful. Unless someone is willing to be polite and respectful, I will not waste my time with him or her. I am here to learn and share, not rant and rave.

Blessings, AnnaLisa

3. TopTop #3
    ThePhiant

Re: Responding to Poll and Discussions

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AnnaLisaW: View Post
    let me guess, does it rhyme with goble, doble, sloble, boble who wrote to you?
    Quote The only polls I have really noticed were the abortion one and circumcision one.

gee. oh my, this is really weird,
    because someone with the EXACT same name as you wrote in Sexless marriage reason for divorce?
    do you think some funny business is going on???
    Last edited by Barry; 08-22-2007 at 10:19 PM.