Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

General Strike 9/11

A general strike is proposed for the United States on September 11, 2007,
    the sixth anniversary of the 9/11/2001 attacks on New York City and Arlington,
    Virginia. The general strike movement has no clearly named leadership.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    silvermoonwolf999

Re: General Strike 9/11

I have been calling for a "general strike" since 9/11/2001 since I believe without a shadow of a doubt that our gov't did this, as the nazi gov't caused the Reichstag fire. Our "government" is now controlled by a criminal syndicate, and the Congress is stopped by fear of reprisal.

It is time for a 2nd American revolution and since I am not for guns and violence, why not hit the corporate folks where it hurts...the "pocketbook". Imagine if every one who could do this, just did not go to the mall or shopping center or any store to shop for the weekend before the Sept. 11th anniversary. Make a plan to ignore the "pull" of the market economy and do something really drastic, like stay at home with the kids, or your partner, or yourself, and do something creative. Plan ahead so you do not need anything at all for the weekend of the 8th and 9th, and then go to work on Monday, and Tuesday, but bring your lunch, do nothing to contribute, if at all possible, to the "shop till you drop" economy which has mad us all slaves to debt, creditors and the oil barons. (After all, everything we do in this market economy is fueled by oil.)

Those of us not so lucky to be able to stay at home on the weekend, like the clerks of all those stores and other service personnel, could go to work and talk with co-workers about the problem, and share ideas since, if people really do stay home, there won't be too many customers to serve!

It really would make a statement if the stores were dead on the weekend!

So, what about it? If we ignore the psychic brainwashing of TV and stop shopping for non-essentials just for entertainment purposes, we might wake a few folks up, and then we keep up the pressure until we win back our constitutional rights, put the criminals behind bars for life, (after all, they have caused the deaths of millions of people and the degradation of the planet with their greed, hubris and ego), and then "institute a new form of government" as the Declaration of Independence urged us so long ago. My vote is: A Council of Grandmothers, with all races, social ranks represented; the leaders to be chosen in small communities, and given instruction, inspiration, and hope by the original peoples of this land.

May it be so! Kathleen, an elder in the Wacco community

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Moon: View Post
    A general strike is proposed for the United States on September 11, 2007,
    the sixth anniversary of the 9/11/2001 attacks on New York City and Arlington,
    Virginia. The general strike movement has no clearly named leadership.

3. TopTop #3
    OrchardDweller

You remind me of the Granny Warriors!
    https://www.grannywarriors.com/

Quote Posted in reply to the post by silvermoonwolf999: View Post
    I have been calling for a "general strike" since 9/11/2001 since I believe without a shadow of a doubt that our gov't did this, as the nazi gov't caused the Reichstag fire. Our "government" is now controlled by a criminal syndicate, and the Congress is stopped by fear of reprisal.

It is time for a 2nd American revolution and since I am not for guns and violence, why not hit the corporate folks where it hurts...the "pocketbook". Imagine if every one who could do this, just did not go to the mall or shopping center or any store to shop for the weekend before the Sept. 11th anniversary. Make a plan to ignore the "pull" of the market economy and do something really drastic, like stay at home with the kids, or your partner, or yourself, and do something creative. Plan ahead so you do not need anything at all for the weekend of the 8th and 9th, and then go to work on Monday, and Tuesday, but bring your lunch, do nothing to contribute, if at all possible, to the "shop till you drop" economy which has mad us all slaves to debt, creditors and the oil barons. (After all, everything we do in this market economy is fueled by oil.)

Those of us not so lucky to be able to stay at home on the weekend, like the clerks of all those stores and other service personnel, could go to work and talk with co-workers about the problem, and share ideas since, if people really do stay home, there won't be too many customers to serve!

It really would make a statement if the stores were dead on the weekend!

So, what about it? If we ignore the psychic brainwashing of TV and stop shopping for non-essentials just for entertainment purposes, we might wake a few folks up, and then we keep up the pressure until we win back our constitutional rights, put the criminals behind bars for life, (after all, they have caused the deaths of millions of people and the degradation of the planet with their greed, hubris and ego), and then "institute a new form of government" as the Declaration of Independence urged us so long ago. My vote is: A Council of Grandmothers, with all races, social ranks represented; the leaders to be chosen in small communities, and given instruction, inspiration, and hope by the original peoples of this land.

May it be so! Kathleen, an elder in the Wacco community

4. TopTop #4
    nanopiano

a general strike sounds like a good idea but what will it prove? a revolution you say? who is going to fight in this "revolution"? a revolution of thought??? who's to say your way is better.how do you propose to change a government laced through and through with politics and corporate misgivings? ALL politicians are corrupt in some way or another.it's always been the same, scratching each others back and lining their pocketbooks...men or women,republicans and democrats.it's human nature.status quo says nothing will change and it won't, until the apathy changes to anger then action and i don't see that happening anytime soon.

are you native american? (because) they are the only "original"peoples' of this land.i'm not for any war but as a realist i know it is a fact of life, so i deal with it.there are people out there who want to kill us and we must be ready for them, whomever they may be.

i don't think a general strike would do anything of significance except hurt the workers who (work) for the corporations and depend on the income to feed their families.most people cannot afford to take a day off or for fear of being fired.corporations and american culture are so intertwined now that it like biting your nose to spite your face .everything is a corporation or somehow connected to one.you hurt it,it hurts you.

and why must i buy "essential things"? what are essentials?...from your list?sounds like facism to me or (communism).if i work hard and want to buy something that makes me happy and doesn't destroy the enviorment, why shouldn't i?do we have to get down on all fours and start munching the grass and live in caves?

no government is perfect.no person is perfect but maybe as a collective we can move this great country (peoples) forward,together,with something for everyone......god! did i say i was a realist???

i'll just try and vote for the right person(s) and hope they do the right and just things over time.

steve
    Last edited by Barry; 08-15-2007 at 12:15 PM.

5. TopTop #5
    Moon

a general strike sounds like a good idea but what will it prove? a revolution you say? who is going to fight in this "revolution"? a revolution of thought??? who's to say your way is better.how do you propose to change a government laced through and through with politics and corporate misgivings? ALL politicians are corrupt in some way or another.it's always been the same, scratching each others back and lining their pocketbooks...men or women,republicans and democrats.it's human nature.status quo says nothing will change and it won't, until the apathy changes to anger then action and i don't see that happening anytime soon.

I think we'll have an opportunity to make radical, i.e. "at the root," change when, as seems likely to happen in my lifetime, potable water is $5 a gallon and gasoline is not available at any price. We could go either way--to a rationalization of the economic system and a humanization of social relations or to a "strong man" who claims he'll give us safety, in exchange for mindless obedience. If enough of us start getting ready now to throw our weight behind the former, we have a good chance. I'd like to see more people become willing to stick their necks out and say how they'd like the new order to look. Here's my proposal:
    Constitution of the Republic of North America, overview
    There are no corporations. Those who do the work own the business.
    Voting on all issues is easy for every voter. There is a vote each
    week, at which time voters can decide every aspect of government.
    Legislative bodies exist only for the purposes of deciding matters on which fewer than one tenth of voters cast a vote and of making stop-gap decisions that can not wait until the next weekly election, at which the voters can confirm or change the legislators’ decision. Ballot issues are voted on from a selection of options, i.e. “With reference to X issue, do you prefer option Y or Z?” The voting age is seven.
    Each geographic area with a population of up to 10,000 humans
    elects a representative. Contiguous areas—numbering as close to 100 as possible without going over that number—will send one legislator each to a regional body, and so on, until there is a unit assembled to represent the whole country. To choose public officials, voters use the preference voting system, in which each voter assigns to her/his first choice the number of points equal to the number of candidates minus one, to the second choice one point fewer, and so on down to zero for the candidate least wanted.
    Each parent may leave each non-spousal heir an inheritance equaling
    up to $100,000RNA minus the price of any gifts valuing more
    than $10,000RNA per gift the parent has already given that heir. These figures are updated as needed so that the former is about the average
    cost, nationwide, of a comfortable, modest, two-bedroom home and the
    latter is one tenth that amount. The balance of the deceased’s wealth can
    be left to the surviving spouse(s), if any, and/or any registered charit(y/ies);
    otherwise, it goes into the national education fund.

An RNA citizen doing business overseas pays the foreign workers
    not less than one tenth the RNA minimum wage. RNA minimum wage is maintained at such a level that one person working 30 hours a week, 50 weeks a year, can house him/herself and one child in modest comfort for
    not more than one quarter of the worker’s salary.
    The RNA donates at least 1% of its total revenues each year
    to the campaign to end severe poverty, as guided by the ONE campaign. Revenues are collected in the form of income tax, Treasury bonds, import duties, etc. Determination of the amount of each individual’s or household’s income tax takes into consideration special needs, charitable donations and volunteer public service. There is a flat-amount exemption for each dependent in a household, but each adult up to age 40 living in a household with more than one child (apart from foster children) per adult pays a lower percentage of her/his income in taxes. Each taxpayer may designate how his/her yearly tax payment, including payroll tax, is to be divided among the various governmental departments and agencies.
    Affirmative action, grants, low-interest or interest-free loans, free child care and any other steps determined to be to the purpose will be implemented until no statistically significant difference can be found in correlations of income or material holdings to ancestry, gender or sexuality.
    Education emphasizes environmental studies, interpersonal skills
    and sustainable economic theories including Marxism and gift economy.
    Restitution is required for criminal offenses without the injured
    party’s hiring
    an attorney.

are you native american? (because) they are the only "original"peoples' of this land.i'm not for any war but as a realist i know it is a fact of life, so i deal with it.there are people out there who want to kill us and we must be ready for them, whomever they may be.

i don't think a general strike would do anything of significance except hurt the workers who (work) for the corporations and depend on the income to feed their families.most people cannot afford to take a day off or for fear of being fired.corporations and american culture are so intertwined now that it like biting your nose to spite your face .everything is a corporation or somehow connected to one.you hurt it,it hurts you.

and why must i buy "essential things"? what are essentials?...from your list?sounds like facism to me or (communism).if i work hard and want to buy something that makes me happy and doesn't destroy the enviorment, why shouldn't i?do we have to get down on all fours and start munching the grass and live in caves?

no government is perfect.no person is perfect but maybe as a collective we can move this great country (peoples) forward,together,with something for everyone......god! did i say i was a realist???

i'll just try and vote for the right person(s) and hope they do the right and just things over time.

steve