Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    davidohm

PROSTATE CANCER a call for help

hello
    Recently, I have been given a provisional diagnosis of prostate cancer. A biopsy will be performed soon to confirm this diagnosis.
    The urologist is also recommending prostate surgery to correct a major problem with the enormous size (5 to 6 times normal size) of my prostate.

The surgery is called TURP Trans Uretheral Resection of the Prostate.

I am stunned with this situation. I am turning to Our WACCO community for help. Have you dealt with prostate cancer?? or know someone who has?? I am NOT going to do radiation and/or chemo therapy. I consider those methods to be extremely poor.

So I am seeking alternative methods, that support my immune system and allow my body to heal the problem.

I also want to find folks who are familiar with the TURP proceedure.

Any info from you will be most welcome!!

blessings

david om 707-86-925-86 I'd rather TALK than TYPE
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    littlemommyfae

Re: PROSTATE CANCER a call for help

Hello, A few years ago my father was in the process of being diagnosed with prostate cancer...They did the protein test...and found his level to be 17...as you likely know...4 is high...so after many visits to the VA...he came accross angel farms...I can tell you that he went through the very detailed proccess of changing his diet and doing a very thourough liver and kidney cleanse...at which point...3 months later the protein test went from 17 to 1.7...the doctors were stunned...almost angry...they couldn't beleive it. Also, the Optimum Health Institute is a great resource, I have been told. My father still lives with a very clean diet...I healthy...and cancer free. I will get more information for you!

All the best, littlemommyfae

3. TopTop #3
    littlemommyfae

Angel Farms™
    Helping you make the transition from fear to love.

Home Back

ANGEL FARMS MINISTRY

ANGEL FARMS CLEANSING AND REJUVENATION CENTER
    -VISION STATEMENT-

Our Vision is to provide the most ideal setting on this planet for people to come and to heal spiritually, emotionally, and physically. This vision consists of a multi-faceted program that includes many dynamics of healing. We provide a safe, nurturing environment that is warm, colorful, loving, and family oriented.

Foremost, I am a Spiritual Healer. I am also National Board certified, International Association for Colon Hydrotherapy (I-ACT) certified, certified member of the International Iridology Practitioners Association, Certified Transitional Therapist, and Reiki Master.

Angel Farms Ministry is "A place where "Angels" come home to remember who they are." Our graduated "Angels" have journeyed deep into themselves to cleanse and remember what their purpose and truth is. They discover the Powerful, Creative Beings that they are, raising their vibration to a Clarity of Purpose and Peace in their Body, Mind, and Spirit. Our program helps people out of pain when they are ready to release it.

Our entire family takes part in this program. Larry, my Beloved husband of 24 years, is a certified Reiki Master, Ortho-bionomist, Angel Touch Therapist, and a Crystal and Sound Healer and is the Chef who prepares incredible soft foods and adds the Divine Alchemy of Love in all his preparations.

We envision beautiful, sacred gardens, growing nearly all of our own organic produce. We will create a Garden of Non-Judgment - a garden in which different concepts of peace are incorporated. It will include many things that represent love from different Cultures and Sacred Teachings from all over the world. (One Word, One God). Each area will have a therapy space and a meditation space. The property will have many swings and chairs that encourage people to incorporate nature as a great healing modality. We will include chakra colors using flowers and plants within these gardens. Imagine the Fragrance the many "Angels" will experience.

The first program that I wish to describe is the 10-day cleanse, in which 12 people participate. It is a journey, a shift, a re-birth into transformation. It is a natural, age-old process, incorporating pure water and various herbs. We use natural gravity flow and FDA registered units, to gently flush and eliminate toxins that have been held in the body for many years. By removing the toxic material, the body is then able to absorb nutrition, and heal itself miraculously. The clients have an excellent opportunity to see what has been released from their bodies. During the process we use Hot Stone Therapy, Aromatherapy, Ozone Therapy, and Nutritional Counseling. On approximately the 7th day the "Angels" do a liver cleanse in which they access their stored anger and release it. Thousands of stones are released from the body the next day and the new blood flow is awesome. We have witnessed many miracles on the 8th day. The program also has an Orientation Meeting before each cleanse to inform "Angels" of the day-to-day mechanics of The Cleanse. The Cleanse is followed by a Graduation Ceremony in which they celebrate their new, awesome, selves.

Transitional therapy works hand in hand with the 10-day cleanse. I take you back to before you were 8 years old, using relaxation techniques. This helps clear emotional issues that challenge your life now. This process is one of self-realization and empowerment, helping "Angels" know that their choices and challenges are not to be judged, but honored.

Part of the program includes specific nutritional soft foods each day. We follow "food signatures" such as: pecans and walnuts look like a brain; therefore, they feed and nourish the brain. We include these ingredients on the fifth, sixth, and seventh day, which is when we are cleansing the transverse colon that feeds the brain. Other examples include: carrot/eyes, onions and garlic/lungs, celery/bones, etc. The nutritional program speeds up the rejuvenation process because this food is easily absorbed.

The modalities used during the program will consist of the gentlest known on the planet. If it hurts, we don't CHOOSE it. We offer Angel Touch, Aromatherapy, Stone Therapy, Spiritual & Emotional Counseling, and Inner Child Sessions, and will offer Watsu, Cranial Sacral, Temple Lomi Lomi, and Basic Yoga and Dance Movements in a warmed and mirrored room.

Angel Farms Ministry is also a School of Colon Hydrotherapy. We have an Apprentice Program that is expanding rapidly. Colon Therapy cannot be taught in 7 to 10 days. Potential students must do The Cleanse before being entered in the program and then they will work hands-on until the staff agrees they are ready to work on their own. We have THE BEST SCHOOL yet created. Students will learn about herbs, nutrition, emotional release techniques, energy work, iridology, diagnostic tools, anatomy, homeopathy, essential oils, stones and crystals. Students will also learn to operate units in Level 1, 2, and 3 Certification at Angel Farms. The students will learn about the best units for use in their own centers. We have already certified therapists from Angel Farms School. We offer certification in Reiki, Transitional Therapy, I-ACT (International Association of Colon Therapists) and Angel Farms Colon Therapy.

My vision is also to complete my ten-day program on tape and CD. This includes daily listening about where you are cleansing in your body, as well as the emotional traumas held there, and what foods feed and regenerate that area. I have the first version of day one (welcome tape), day 6 (preparation for liver cleanse day), day 10 (thirty day follow-up), "God Bump Stories" (miracles), "You are the Gift" (available now!), "I Remember My Sacred Essence" (near completion), and I am ready to record days 3, 4, and 9. I intend to have a recording studio on the property not only for my tapes but also to support new artists in their creative journeys. Radio is also a great way to teach people about health and rejuvenation. The live radio show I did in the spring educated and helped many listeners. Using remote technology I can speak and still be home. Yeah! We are currently utilizing the works of great teachers such as Deepak Chopra, Marianne Williamson, Eckhart Tolle, Sophia, Neil Donald Walsch, Cindy Sellers and others.

A teenage program has already proven a great success. We would like to offer one month out of the year for this program. We teach any modalities that are of interest to them. Several of our teen students have become Certified Therapists.

We have always sought the best colon-cleansing units for our "Angels", and will continue to do so, as well as maintaining an on-going in-house research and development department. As the units evolve, we will research cleanliness, comfort, visual aesthetics, color therapy, built in parasite zappers, and the use of revitalizing water. My vision includes traveling to their areas to do Seminars that the students and "Angels" host.

In keeping with the tradition of Hawaii, which in the past was a gathering place for the Kahunas (teachers, healers, and herbalists of Native Hawaii), we are scheduling a yearly Festival of Angels in which all graduated "Angels" and their families are invited to come. The graduates can tune-up, retreat, and share their special gifts and talents, as the Kahunas did. The festival will have many talented musicians, artists, and vendors to network their creative abilities with each other. We all love to work and network with clearer vessels. We are establishing an Angel Network that is worldwide, spreading over our Beloved earth. The network will offer information of upcoming events from the many talented "Angels" who have been guided to Angel Farms. Over the past 14 years of Angel Farms, we have cleansed and loved over 3000 "Angels" from every continent except Antarctica, and they are coming, too!

We will have an Angel Mobile (van) to pick people up at the airport. A tape recording about Angel Farms and Hawaii before they arrive at the facility will be a nice way to introduce them to their new journey. The van will be used to transport "Angels" around the island on tours, hikes, kayaking, snorkeling, and to Sacred Hawaiian Sites.

Angel Farms Ministries will be self-sustainable and environmentally conscious. This is very important to us to set precedent for others to follow. Hawaiian medicinal flowers and herbs, and companies such as Vickie Sorensen's Nature Works, will grow and process flowers and herbs for essential oils. Because of Agricultural Laws, this venture will lower property taxes to a minimum. We have many "Angels" who are Master Teachers and Artists in their fields who would love to teach their classes and share their work at Angel Farms. Seminars and classes will be available year round at the facility. A store is also in the making to carry products such as clothing, art, music, jewelry, glass items, herbs, books, Native American art, gems, Indian art, poetry, silk paintings, as well as Angel Farms recordings, instructional charts, and publications. The "treasures" in the store are all created by graduated "Angels". Our store items will also be available via website ( www.angelfarms.com ).

Our "Adopt An Angel" program is an ongoing gifting program. This is a great vision for other "Angels" to gift monies to help support new "Angels" through the Cleanse. Many graduated "Angels" have sponsored their friends and loved ones who have greatly benefited from their gifts.

Here is an opportunity for you to affect the world with your gifts of abundance. Angel Farms Ministries is asking that your prosperity be redistributed for the "Angels" to come. Together we can make this vision a reality.

This vision of Angel Farms has been evolving for 16 years with Great Honor and Love for the many "Angels" who have Blessed us with their lives, that we could witness their Awakening. We are now ready for many more Hearts to open in this beautiful and Sacred Land. I walk with a great Hopi Knowing: "When one "Angel" awakens and remembers who they are, they take 144,000 others with them. We are the ones we've been waiting for." This Cleanse changes all perceptions from fear to Love. With Great Gratitude we are ready to embrace the next level of Angel Farms to be The Greatest Healing Center On This Beloved Earth. Mahalo and Ahui Ho!

Always in Love
    Cindy Sellers
    Angel Farms Ministry

Please mail your Blessings and Contributions to:

Angel Farms Ministry
    HCR 2 P.O. Box 6300
    Kea'au, HI 96749

Or contact Cindy
    Cindy: [email protected]
    808-966-8581

"Always choose Love and Joy in every thought, word, and deed!"
    -Cindy

"May the Heart of Earth and the Heart of Heaven meet in my heart. And may your heart and my heart beat as one Alleluiah. Father Mother God thy will be done and may my will and thy will be one." -Sophia (www.songhealer.com)

Home Back

Phone: 808-966-8581
    [email protected]

© Copyright 2003 Angel Farms Ministry. A 501C3 All Rites Reserved.

Here is the link I was trying to find...I hope it's okay that I put so much info here...

Welcome to

ANGEL FARMS
    Cleansing and Rejuvenation Center

Cleansing of the body, mind, and soul

“We are the ones we’ve been waiting for”
    -Hopi knowing-

Going back to the beginning to help you make the
    Transition from fear to love

COLON HYDROTHERAPY

Colon hydrotherapy is a safe, effective method of removing waste from the large intestine. By introducing filtered and temperature-regulated water into the colon, waste is softened and loosened, resulting in evacuation through normal peristalsis. Colon hydrotherapy is best used in combination with an adequate nutrient and fluid intake as well as exercise. The colon has been referred to as “the sewer system of the body”. It is the place where we store the waste material that most of us would rather not think about and most of us don’t until our physical, mental, or spiritual health becomes compromised.
    Colon hydrotherapy improves the function of all organs of the body resulting in more energy and vitality. Our organs are able to dump toxins into the bowel instead of holding them. While the colon is congested, the other elimination channels (liver, kidney, skin, and lungs, etc.) must take on a large part of the cleansing process. Colon irrigation not only removes impaction, parasites, intestinal flatus and cellular debris, but it cleanses and rejuvenates that portion of the immune system that resides in the intestinal tract.
    In summary, colon irrigation provides tubular and cellular drainage outwardly from the rectum and inwardly via the portal of the lymphatic system. The body is then able to release accumulated toxins and assimilate nutrition. Regeneration is possible because assimilation and elimination are brought back into balance. The gentle movement of water exercises the peristaltic muscles resulting in increased colon efficiency.
    Eating soft foods during The Cleanse is very important because the body needs to use its energy for this regenerating process instead of using it for digestion. Also, much of the body has been hungry due to lack of assimilation and soft foods will more easily supply the body with the nutrients of which it has been deprived.

Historical View
    Historians tell us that the practice of bowel cleansing was first used by the Egyptians. The Ebers Papyrus of the 14th century B.C. and the Edwin Smith Papyrus (c.1700 B.C.) both mention bowel cleansing and directions. Jesus, in The Essene Gospel of Peace from the third century, stated: “The uncleanness within is greater by much than the uncleanness without. And he who cleanses himself without, but within remains unclean, is like a tomb that outwards is painted fair, but is within full of all manner of horrible uncleanliness and abominations. And this holy baptizing is rebirth unto the new life, for your eyes shall henceforth see, and your ears shall hear. Fear no more, after your baptism, and the angels of air and water will eternally abide in you and shall serve you evermore”.

The 17th century became known as the “age of the enema”, or “the age of clysters”. It was an acceptable practice in Parisian society to enjoy as many as three or four enemas a day, the belief being that an internal washing was essential to well-being.
    By the late 19th century and the early 20th century, with the advent of rubber, the enema or clyster slowly gave way to colon hydrotherapy equipment which greatly improved the cleansing of the colon.
    Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, of the renowned Battle Creek Sanitarium, reported in the 1917 Journal of American Medicine, that in the treatment of more than 40,000 cases of gastrointestinal disease, he had used surgery in only twenty cases. The others were improved by the cleansing of the bowel, improved diet and exercise.
    Colon hydrotherapy eventually gained the attention of James A. Wiltsie, M.D., who contended that “our knowledge of the normal and abnormal physiology of the colon, and of its pathology and management, has not kept pace with that of many of the organs and systems of the body.” He went on to say “As long as we continue to assume that the colon will take care of itself, just that long will we remain in complete ignorance of perhaps the most important source of ill health in the whole body.”

What is a colon hydrotherapy session like?
    A session is a comfortable experience in most cases. It produces no toxicity. Techniques utilized allow a small amount of water to flow into the colon, gently stimulating the colon’s natural peristaltic action to release softened waste. Then removal of waste encourages better colon function and elimination.
    During the session, you will lie on a “board”. Unlike the picture in your mind, a colon hydrotherapy board or bed is made of high impact medical-grade hypoallergenic plastic, and is seamless with no crevices to harbor bacteria. It is extremely strong and does not feel too warm or cold. The bed or board is a comfortable 34” wide and is shaped so that your body fits on it comfortably. You will be draped by a soft lap blanket, which you bring, ensuring modesty and warmth. Your privacy and dignity are always maintained. Water will flow into the rectum by gravity feed as you lie in relaxed position. The small semi-soft flexible tip that you insert yourself will be lubricated with a natural plant-based lubricant such as olive oil or K-Y jelly. It is very comfortable for the user. When you get on the bed or board, relax and allow the water to flow in and out gently. It is important to let the water flow naturally, do not hold it in or push it out, just let it flow. Breathe slowly and easily, massage your colon and once again, continue to relax. By not pushing or holding the water, you allow your colon muscles to become strong again.

What we are about
    This is a 10 – 12 day colon cleansing process that addresses the body, mind, and spirit. At Angel Farms we use a natural process that is teachable to all. You will spend two hours or more per day cleansing. Additional time will be needed either before or after your days Cleanse for Transitional Therapy, Angel Touch Shamanic Body Work, liver cleanse instructions with Anger to Love Session, and 30 day follow-up instructions. There are other therapies available at additional costs offered by people who are professionals and who have gone through the Cleanse. Let us know what you are interested in and we will set it up for you.
    During the process you will be able to eat soft foods in plenty. Angel Farms invites you to partake of the food provided each day, either before or after your cleanse. It will be food that especially nourishes the particular part of the body being cleansed that day.

Implant
    Angel Farms offers food directly to the colon each day, immediately after The Cleanse. This colon feeding we call an “implant’. It is a liquid solution with various nutrients and probiotics that flow into your colon. This is crucial to the success of the Cleanse. The purpose of the implant is to nourish the colon with the nutrients it needs to be healthy. The blood picks up nutrients from the colon and carries them to all parts of the body. This implant is based on a combination of time-proven herbs, vitamins and minerals. This gives the colon good bacteria and feeds it with instant and excellent nutrition. Specific nutrients may be added for specific conditions of individuals.

Sanitation
    Modern colon hydrotherapy equipment is manufactured through compliance with strict FDA guidelines that dictate rigorous accountability. The FDA-registered equipment features temperature controlled water mixing, back-flow prevention valves and water purification. Personable, disposable rectal tubes and tips are used.

Our program helps people out of pain when they are ready to release it. Haven’t you hurt enough? Come and experience what peace and freedom can bring into your life.

The Days of the Cleanse

Expect to commit a portion of twelve days to complete the Angel Farms Program. An orientation will take place the evening before your cleanse begins to give you information and to answer any questions you may have. This will go from 4-5pm. Feel free to bring anyone interested in our program. Angel Farms is located in Hawaiian Paradise Park in Kea’au, Hawaii. Please call for further directions.
    Any correspondence should be addressed to Angel Farms, HCR 2 Box 6300, Kea’au, Hawaii, 96749.

The Cleanse
    Day 1- You will fill out a few papers, pay the remainder for the cleanse program, and get started on your first day on the board. “The weird day”
    Day 2- Another day on the board. Each day on the board you will be provided with recordings to hear which will inform and inspire you. You will be asked to make an appointment during the first days of your cleanse for a session with Cindy, and during the later part, a session with Larry. So please don’t leave without making an appointment.
    Day 3-5- Time on the board and your session with Cindy if scheduled.
    Day 6-A day on the board. After your board session plan to spend about an hour receiving info about the liver cleanse and it’s special diet. This will be a group meeting with the others in your time slot. You will be given exact instructions, both oral and written, and some supplies to take home for use the next day. Don’t forget to take your instructions and supplies home! This diet starts at bedtime tonight.
    Day 7-Today you will use the information you were given yesterday to carry out your liver cleanse diet. Follow the instructions on your liver cleanse paper and come for your session on the board. Before you leave, check to see if your appointment for tomorrow has been changed. You will probably be asked to come in earlier because of your liver cleanse. Then, go home to continue with your liver cleanse diet. “Day to BE and not DO”
    Day 8- Remember, today you may have a different time for your cleanse. Another day on the board. You may have your session with Larry.
    Day 9-A day on the board and maybe your session with Larry.
    Day 10-Probably your last day on the board and your session with Larry if you have not already done that. Meet with your group for one hour to learn what to do for the next 30 days to help your body continue it’s cleanse. Either day 10 or the day after will be your graduation. This usually takes place at Angel Farms at 6:30 pm unless you are informed otherwise. We’ll see you there!

SOFT FOODS

PLEASE EAT SOFT FOODS FOR THREE DAYS BEFORE YOUR CLEANSE BEGINS.
    DRINK AT LEAST ONE GALLON OF WATER A DAY

PLEASE BRING TO THE CLEANSE:
    On the first day:
    Your Angel Farms pamphlet (if you have received one)
    Every day:
    Towel, Lap blanket, Pillow, Warm socks

A Blender and a Crock-pot is helpful during the Cleanse.

Emergency hunger foods: (organic preferred)
    Applesauce Eggs Dried pea soup
    Avocadoes Squash Potatoes Canned refried beans Bananas

* IF YOU HAVE ANY FOOD ALLERGIES, PLEASE LET US KNOW!

You will need:
    LIQUID BENTONITE (GREAT PLAINS OR SONNE ARE GOOD BRANDS)
    PSYLLIUM COMES IN DRY FORM: HULLS ONLY, (NOT POWDER)
    SOFT BRISTLE BRUSH

START taking liquid bentonite and psyllium THE NIGHT BEFORE THE CLEANSE (not sooner). PLEASE TAKE THESE WITH PLENTY OF WATER!
    Use one tablespoon of each 2 times per day, once in the morning and once at night, each day of The Cleanse unless otherwise directed. Mix with juice or water and drink.

INVESTMENT SCHEDULE

THE COST OF THE CLEANSE IS $2,600.00. THIS COULD BE THE BEST INVESTMENT YOU WILL EVER MAKE FOR YOURSELF IN YOUR LIFE. YOU ARE WORTH IT!!

DUE TO LIMITED SPACE IN EACH CLEANSE, A NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT OF ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS IS REQUIRED AT LEAST 14 DAYS BEFORE THE CLEANSE BEGINS TO HOLD YOUR PLACE. THE BALANCE OF SIXTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS IS DUE ON THE NIGHT BEFORE THE CLEANSE AT ORIENTATION PLEASE MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO CINDY SELLERS.

On rare occasions, additional days might be necessary. If so, any days over 10 will be $75.00 a day.

MAINTENANCE:
    You have made a wonderful investment in yourself by taking your precious time and money to come through the Angel Farms cleansing program. Therefore, it is so important to continue in the cleansing process throughout your life. You can do regular maintenance or “follow-ups” at home by purchasing a board or you can come back to Angel Farms and do your follow–up(s) with us.
    New board: $500.00
    Used board: $450.00
    Follow-up with us: $75.00
    For on-going maintenance, certain supplements are necessary. You can purchase your own supplements through your local health food store or you can purchase them from Angel Farms.
    Supplements recommended and available from Angel Farms (Included in the initial cleanse):
    Liquid Minerals $39
    Enzymes $32
    Flora $39
    Parasite Cleanse $36
    Entire Package $146*
    Other optional products: * Prices are subject to change
    Dentox (homeopathic metal detox) $15
    Angelfarms.amazonherbs.net:
    Synergy Super Green Food $60
    Amazon Herbs –Shipibo Tea (40) $21
    Fiberzon $34

4. TopTop #4
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

yes, the Optimum Health Institute IS really good, David.

Tis where I went to assist myself with the detoxing /healing that was needed when I successfully attempted to shrink my cancerous tumor.

Although Optimum Health Institute has real good package deals for colonics and access to an Infra-red sauna along with Lymph Drainage massage....

I found a rather Excellent Colonic therapist, named Michelle in San Rafael! Michelle uses an Infra-red LIGHT over the bowels and really delivers a good massage in this area with essential oils. She is a superb assistant on the path of healing.

At any rate, David.. once I get back from my retreat, I would feel honored to pass along /share any remedies that helped to assist me on my "healing journey" if needed...

As far as enlarged Prostate is concerned, I have aware that the homeopathic remedy of Arnica 30c dose (2 balls taken 3 times a day under tongue for a week..then reducing it to 2 balls 2 times a day) can stabilize prostate conditions within 24 hours .

Selenium when used with Vitamin E helps protect cells from toxin damage

and of course, YOU KNOW about the benefits of ZINC as you offered me some not so long ago ! (thank you immensely!)

Amino Acids are what I consider my "Gold" when it comes to my health.

I have read that L-Alanine, L-glutamic acid and L-glycine are fairly important for maintaining prostate health

and MSM helps to relieve any pain or inflammation

Nettle root combined with Saw Palmetto , and Olive Leaf are all excellent.

May you attract and receive what you need for your Healing , David !

Blessings,

k

5. TopTop #5
    DreamsMadeTrue

congratulations on the path that was chosen.
    I had stage IV terminal brain cancer. cured it with raw food alkaline diet, clenses and anti-cancer supplements:ellagic acid, Xango mangostien juice,wheat grass juice, Zeolite,and AveMar,
    feel free to call me for info Chris Thompson 888-0614

6. TopTop #6
    phooph

David,

It looks like you have received some good recommendations. Just to add a bit to the discussion, the current theory behind enlarged prostates is that dihydrotestosterone (DHT) a metabolite of testosterone that also plays a role in baldness, is the cultprit. It is manufactured by the action of 5-alpha reductase on testosterone, an action that increases with age. Saw palmetto has been used for centuries to treat an enlarged prostate and the action seems to be one of inhibitting the production of 5-alpha reductase. In a 1996 study saw palmetto was found to be as effective as Proscar, the drug often perscribed, but without the side effects.

The mineral zinc is also important to testosterone metabolism and a deficiency is associated with prostate enlargement, low libido and lowered sperm counts. Pumpkin seeds and oysters are known food sources of zinc, and may be the origin of the oysters as aphrodiziac mythology.

If cancer is the issue, there are also a lot of options. Currently a pharmeceutical company is attempting to manufacture an effective pantentable compound from a plant that has proven cancer killing action. The plant itself has been used for centuries to treat a number of health conditions including cancer. The plant is graviola, a member of the paw paw family. You can find its fruits in grocery stores that carry Latin American foods. The fruit goes by the names of cherymoya or soursop. The active parts of the plant are the leaves and bark, however. You can find graviola online in capsules and tinctures, or if you know of anyone selling Amazon Herbs (an MLM) they carry it in both forms.
    https://www.rain-tree.com/graviola.htm

7. TopTop #7
    Braggi

David Om, thanks for making music today for our picnic. It was a pleasure for us all. I'm sorry to hear about your health issue.

I read about something that gets to the main symptom as quickly as one reasonably can. TUNA. It's worth reading up on.

https://www.gihealth.com/html/educat...printTuna.html

Sadly, the herbal treatments haven't held up well in recent double-blind studies, even saw palmetto, the old standard. Beware of "treatments" that starve you or shove gallons of water up your colon. That's dangerous stuff when you're already fighting a health problem. Do a check on quackwatch.com before committing to any bizarre treatments.

More study is in order if you have the time. Google turp alternative and see what comes up. The TURP is painful, as I understand it, and doesn't make sense to me unless it's really the only alternative.

My best wishes and healing love go out to you, David Om.

-Jeff

8. TopTop #8
    phooph

Be very warry of Quackwatch. Dr. Stephen Barrett, the retired psychiatrist that founded it, is hostile to anything natural or wholistic and will give a pass to the worst failings of the phamaceutical industry. He has been succesfully sued for posting misleading information on his website.

Ruth

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post
    David Om, thanks for making music today for our picnic. It was a pleasure for us all. I'm sorry to hear about your health issue.

I read about something that gets to the main symptom as quickly as one reasonably can. TUNA. It's worth reading up on.

Sadly, the herbal treatments haven't held up well in recent double-blind studies, even saw palmetto, the old standard. Beware of "treatments" that starve you or shove gallons of water up your colon. That's dangerous stuff when you're already fighting a health problem. Do a check on quackwatch.com before committing to any bizarre treatments.

More study is in order if you have the time. Google turp alternative and see what comes up. The TURP is painful, as I understand it, and doesn't make sense to me unless it's really the only alternative.

-Jeff

9. TopTop #9
    Braggi

That would be pretty big news, Ruth, since Dr. Barrett is so unpopular among so many. Surely it would be posted on thousands of websites. Have you any links?

-Jeff

PS. Even if it was true, that he had been "successfully" sued, that's pretty meaningless. It could be argued that I have been successfully sued, yet I did nothing wrong and was not even involved in the incident in question.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by phooph: View Post
    Be very warry of Quackwatch. Dr. Stephen Barrett, the retired psychiatrist that founded it, is hostile to anything natural or wholistic and will give a pass to the worst failings of the phamaceutical industry. He has been succesfully sued for posting misleading information on his website.

Ruth

10. TopTop #10
    SDorje

David,
    Explore any treatments that you feel might be right for you. Conventional and Alternative therapies both have good aspects and can also work together. Maybe find a physician, oncologist or urologist that also is open to all therapies.
    I have to agree about Stephen Barrett and Quackwatch. He and his business partner make their primary income by filing frivolous lawsuits and then hoping to settle out of court. His attorney in L.A. has been reprimanded in court for filing meaningless lawsuits and Stephen Barrett has been shown to have a conflict of interest by being an "expert witness" in these lawsuits. I don't even call him "Dr." Barrett because he failed the medical examiner licensing exam multiple times, never joined the AMA or APA because of his views and hasn't renewed his license. He also claimed to be an advisor to the FDA which he never was (thank goodness).

Aside from my personal feelings, the internet is only as good as the info that is presented. I would suggest searching for medical advice/input from people who have gone through prostrate treatment and recovered. They know better than anyone!!!!

Dr. Andrew Weil might be a good source of info. He's an M.D. that embraces both Allopathic and Holistic therapies. I belive he is still afilliated with the Medical School at Univ. of Arizona in Tucson.

On top of all these suggestions, maybe we could all send some fresh, positive energy to David anyway we feel comfortable to. Prayer, meditation, a note or just a deep wish for a successful treatment and recovery, whichever your preference is. Good luck David!!!! Peace, Stephen Dorje

11. TopTop #11
    Sonomamark

Hey, Jeff? I think you and I agree about being generally skeptical on the alt-healing claims, but I personally feel that you go a bit overboard in the AMA direction. I remember your adamant critique of echinacea, for example, which the latest study published in the Lancet now indicates cuts the chances of catching the common cold by 58 percent and reduces the duration of the common cold by 1.4 days:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0626152809.htm

I'm not saying that any of the claims for herbal or "alternative" cancer treatments are worth the money people throw at them--all I'm saying is that the allopathic reductionist approach to medicine does very well at some things and quite poorly at others. 100 years ago, no one would have believed that there were such things as vitamins, or that they are important. I think you'll agree that it's a little weird that the highest chemical input into our bodies on a daily basis is food, and yet the nutritional education requirement for an MD is usually one course, if that.

Western medicine is very good at what it does. What it doesn't do very well is see the whole that is more than the sum of the parts. And the immune system is one of those whole-system elements with which it has a hard time grappling.

None of which is to say that I embrace the wishful-thinking, "homeopathy" school of imaginary medicine, which is basically just organized placebo effect. But studies like the UConn study on echinacea show that there is something going on beyond just placebo.

Sonomamark

-Jeff

12. TopTop #12
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sonomamark: View Post
    Hey, Jeff? ...

Sonomamark

Mark and all, I think this conversation is getting pretty far off topic from the original thread. Perhaps we could carry on in a new thread.

-Jeff

13. TopTop #13
    wellnesshelp

My father died from it and later I found out through a doctor that in 2002 a new patent of Natural Cellular Defense was helping some people. I researched and placed a few links to US Office of Patents/Trademarks, the crystals, etc here
    Last edited by Barry; 08-08-2007 at 10:29 AM.

14. TopTop #14
    Magick

dear david, I have done some research on maca and its local relative pepperweed. I was involved in a commnity project to use non-toxic approach to dealing with this so-called invasive.
    At any rate I discovered that the maca plant is considered the most effective immune and reproductive system booster there is.
    I do not know how to get a reputable product and when I went looking i was concerned to see a lot that seemed bogus. It is used extensively in Peru.
    I send you loving, healing energy and hope you find your way.
    One last thought, I am a Tarot reader so I help alot of people on their healing journey. Spirit has asked me to communicate that the most important part of healing is to take charge of your own process.
    People really know intutively whether a person or medicine feels right to them or helps them. Too often we "think" we "should" do something when our heart says no. Abducating your power is based in fear and mistrust of your own amazing self. In any moment that a problem exists the solution is inherently available.
    Disease is a teacher and we each have an opportunity to learn.
    Trust yourself. Many different things work for many different people and intention is the primary focus.
    Many Blessings, Magick
    If I can be of service let me know, I am not trained, but I do my own form of energy work.
    I am also a professional tarot reader with 23 years experience at helping people recognize the underlying lessons manifested in their daily life.

15. TopTop #15

I don't know about being sued, but I do know that Quackwatch needs a Quackwatch Watch. That guy posts all kinds of misinformation. Having been through the Lyme thing, I spent loads of time researching the subject and the more I learned and the better I felt as a result of my research, the more I became convinced that Barrett needs a "dose of his own medicine". In point of fact, many folks have rebutted him on their own sites. He has a vested interest in debunking anything outside the dominant mainstream medical paradigm, and is ofte behind in the current research even in the mainstream. In short, I wouldn't trust the man as far as I could quack.

That would be pretty big news, Ruth, since Dr. Barrett is so unpopular among so many. Surely it would be posted on thousands of websites. Have you any links?

-Jeff

PS. Even if it was true, that he had been "successfully" sued, that's pretty meaningless. It could be argued that I have been successfully sued, yet I did nothing wrong and was not even involved in the incident in question.

16. TopTop #16
    decterlove

QuakeWatch! Jeeeeeezus....they are one of the most absurd, reactionary enterprises on the planet today....probably better off consulting with a Taliban.....and more resistant than even Dr. Dean Edell when it comes to any advancements made in alternative medicine since the 1950s.

They are truly a Meta-Idiotic presence on the Internet and while I do think great caution must be exercised regarding many "New Age" claims and belief systems, we really don't have to close our eyes and cling to some tree in a field forever to find out what's really true and useful in this Universe.

Please....let's use common sense, exercise caution and skepticism, but also be open to the fact that we have made some discoveries in many areas of "alternative" health and spirituality since Eisenhower was in office. There are many good suggestions on this post and certainly combining alternative resources with conventional advances is a middle road to seriously consider, David. After all the Chinese who invented acupuncture combine both the best of Eastern and Western Modalities in their own country.

Sorry, to be emphatic about the issue...I'm sleepy and irritable and QW has always triggered my highest levels of disgust and despair over the reactive, dark age thinkers among us who cling steadfastly to the most mechanical and reductionist explanations possible of Life on the Blue Planet we live on.

Best wishes on whatever approach you decide is the right one for you.