Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Braggi

Unauthorized, Unofficial Wacco Picnic Aug 5th

Unauthorized, Unofficial Wacco Picnic and Fun(d)raiser August 5th.

Dear Waccos,

Please join us for a potluck lunch at the picnic tables behind the Sebastopol Community Center on Sunday, August 5th at 12:00 noon.

This is not an official, authorized Wacco event.

Some have expressed an interest in meeting in person so here's the chance. We'll meet with no agenda except to barbecue some chicken and vegetables which will be provided. I'll bring a big Caesar salad too. Please bring a dish to share and a beverage if you're so moved. We'll pass the hat at some point to raise a little money for the Unauthorized, Unofficial Wacco Activity Fund. Half the money we raise will go directly to supporting Waccobb.net. The Unofficial Wacco Activity Fund will cap at $100 (for now) so any amounts over $200 will go 100 per cent toward Waccobb.net. (And that means it supports all of us.)

Nobody needs to donate if they don't wish to. This is a FREE event. All are welcome. Bring your families if you wish. Bring a guitar if you wish to serenade us. Bring a good story or poem if you wish to enlighten us or make us laugh. Bring someone who's never heard of Waccobb.net if you want to bring another into the Wacco family. Bring a blanket to spread out on the well kept lawn.

Please reply with a public RSVP if you want others to know you're coming, or a private email to me if you'd rather keep it quieter. I'd like to have a good idea how many tables to reserve. I'll post the numbers as they come in.

Sound good? Let's talk about it.

-Jeff
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: Unauthorized, Unofficial Wacco Picnic Aug 5th

How great!!! Thanks Jeff for creating this fun event, even if it's not authorized! This will be a good opportunity for Waccos to meet each and deepen our community! I'll be sure to drop by if I am in town.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Braggi: View Post

Dear Waccos,

Please join us for a potluck lunch at the picnic tables behind the Sebastopol Community Center on Sunday, August 5th at 12:00 noon.

Some have expressed an interest in meeting in person so here's the chance. We'll meet with no agenda except to barbecue some chicken and vegetables which will be provided. I'll bring a big Caesar salad too. Please bring a dish to share and a beverage if you're so moved. We'll pass the hat at some point to raise a little money for the Unauthorized, Unofficial Wacco Activity Fund. Half the money we raise will go directly to supporting Waccobb.net. The Unofficial Wacco Activity Fund will cap at $100 (for now) so any amounts over $200 will go 100 per cent toward Waccobb.net. (And that means it supports all of us.)

Nobody needs to donate if they don't wish to. This is a FREE event. All are welcome. Bring your families if you wish. Bring a guitar if you wish to serenade us. Bring a good story or poem if you wish to enlighten us or make us laugh. Bring someone who's never heard of Waccobb.net if you want to bring another into the Wacco family. Bring a blanket to spread out on the well kept lawn.

Please reply with a public RSVP if you want others to know you're coming, or a private email to me if you'd rather keep it quieter. I'd like to have a good idea how many tables to reserve. I'll post the numbers as they come in.

-Jeff

3. TopTop #3
    ThePhiant

is everybody welcome?
    :par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty:

Dear Waccos,

-Jeff

4. TopTop #4
    Braggi

Absolutely, you're certainly welcome. You are one of the people I was hoping to meet. Thanks for spiffing up the thread. Going to bring anybody with you?

-Jeff

Quote Posted in reply to the post by ThePhiant: View Post
    is everybody welcome?
    :par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty::par-ty:

5. TopTop #5
    ThePhiant

Gee Braggi, I hadn't thought of that!
    do you think two bodyguards will suffice?

Absolutely, you're certainly welcome. You are one of the people I was hoping to meet. Thanks for spiffing up the thread. Going to bring anybody with you?

-Jeff

6. TopTop #6
    Braggi

Gee Braggi, I hadn't thought of that!
    do you think two bodyguards will suffice?
    I don't know. Are they cute and available? You can bring more if you like.

-Jeff
    Last edited by Barry; 07-27-2007 at 08:39 PM.

7. TopTop #7
    Juggledude

Aww shucks, I'm out of town for a bit, or I'd be there with bells on.

Hope ya'll have a great time, and I'll be there for the next one!

Royce
    Last edited by Barry; 07-27-2007 at 10:44 PM.

8. TopTop #8
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

I will be at raggie rising with daughter joe, So everyone that was afraid they might run into me may go and have a wonderful time!!! LMAO!! hope you guyz have a blast, and count me in next time around
    !!! peace!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Juggledude: View Post

Royce

9. TopTop #9
    ThePhiant

I don't know. Are they cute and available?

-Jeff
    are you asking for yourself or your wife?
    Last edited by Barry; 07-28-2007 at 03:23 PM.

10. TopTop #10
    Annabel1

If I can't get there till 1:00 PM will I miss it? How long do you reckon to be there?

11. TopTop #11
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Annabel1: View Post
    If I can't get there till 1:00 PM will I miss it? How long do you reckon to be there?
    We'll probably just be switching from coffee to aged grape juice by that time. The chicken will be smokin' (in a good way) and the veggies ready to be pulled off skewers.

I'm sure we'll still be there at 1:00. So far only a smallish group, but a few of the more active posters should be there.

Anybody else wanna?

-Jeff

PS. ThePhiant, how many of those cute, avaliable bodyguards are you bringing?

12. TopTop #12
    Dixon

Jeff;

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it after all. It turns out that I have to work that day (9:30 AM to 7:30 PM). Oh well, maybe next time...

Have fun!

Dixon

13. TopTop #13
    TayanaGirl37

How small a group?
    I'm planning on attending, was thinking either salad or dessert, so I'll consider quantity when I hear more about numbers.

Looking forward to meeting whoever is there!
    Heidi

14. TopTop #14
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by TayanaGirl37: View Post
    How small a group?
    I'm planning on attending, was thinking either salad or dessert, so I'll consider quantity when I hear more about numbers.

Looking forward to meeting whoever is there!
    Heidi
    At this point looks like only about 10 folks. (Really, is that all? Out of 4,500 Waccos?)

I'm doing a little bit of last minute scrambling to get some more people to show up. Anybody who's coming, please grab your brother or your next door neighbor and bring them too.

This is a time of year with lots of competing events and vacations happening, so I'm not surprised we'll have a small turnout. That's not necessarily a bad thing. It's easier to keep track of names that way.

So here's the details again for those reading on Digest:

We'll meet at noon at the picnic tables behind the Sebastopol Community Center. Go to the back of the parking area and walk between the sports fields. The tables are behind the sports fields by the entrance to the Laguna. The hiking trails are available.

See you tomorrow, Sunday, starting at noon!

15. TopTop #15
    ThePhiant

how about postponing and making it an official meeting!
    now if I were to show up and I ate other people's food would they be guilty of feeding a troll????
    Last edited by Barry; 08-05-2007 at 12:08 PM.

16. TopTop #16
    nurturetruth
    Co-observing

Jeff...

Looking forward to attending....

will miss some of the regulars..but am very eager to meet new comers!!

Hey ,hey, SaraS.... will YOU be there?!!

I will bring my sprouts/plant food.. and a yummy raw 'live' dessert pie to share...

can't wait for the "aged grapes!"

17. TopTop #17
    AquaGyrl

Ahhh... with 'bells' on what? Mmmm....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Juggledude: View Post

Royce

18. TopTop #18
    AquaGyrl

Of course 'anyone' is welcome including the oh so "arrogant' me and YOU TOO!

-Jeff

19. TopTop #19
    AquaGyrl

Geeze I hate "name calling"! I'd gladly feed anyone who'd eat my food!

how about postponing and making it an official meeting!
    now if I were to show up and I ate other people's food would they be guilty of feeding a troll????

20. TopTop #20
    dragonfly

I'm coming to the picnic! It's exciting for me since I missed it last year and am looking forward to meeting other waccobbites. See you there...........

Love, Dragonfly

21. TopTop #21
    Braggi

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AquaGyrl: View Post
    Geeze I hate "name calling"! I'd gladly feed anyone who'd eat my food!
    OK, I'll eat your food. Please come to the picnic tomorrow and bring some. I'll bring some to share with you. Maybe we can all feed each other. That's a fun way to eat.

We can both share some food with ThePhiant, who really isn't a troll any more.

-Jeff

22. TopTop #22
    Annabel1

Hey Jeff, that was a great picnic! Thanks for putting it together. I am usually up for that sort of thing as long as I'm not working.
    Now I feel like a real WACCO.:goodjob:

23. TopTop #23
    TayanaGirl37

Tie-dye artist

Hi y'all! Here's a link to the eBay store for the artist that did the shirt I wore to the picnic. She's great to work with and her pieces have worn really well for me. The Wiccan apple pie recipe is going to take a bit more hunting--I'm still looking.

Sat Nam,
    Heidi

https://stores.ebay.com/Little-River...Q3amesstQQtZkm