HI fellow performing artists, I am putting on a concert entitiled "From Dance to words and back again" at the Seb. Center for the Arts on Oct 13th as a part of the Sonoma Word literary festival that runs for a month this fall. I am looking for dancers, poets and musicians who may want to showcase a piece in this concert. If you like to use spoken word and movement please inquire! If you are a dancer or a group of dancers who like to create pieces "from the inside out",, like in the process of authentic movement, then please inquire! Poets who are not shy to read in public please inquire. Poets who also like to move are really incouraged to inquire! Theater folks who like performance art/ritual theater please contact me too.
Send me a brief email about what you do and what you may invision for being a part of this eclectic concert as part of the arts center's "Truth Be Told" series. Musicians who may want to add sound are encouraged to participate too! There will not be much rehearsal required; groups/individual performers may just create and rehearse on their own.
We may have a meeting this monday in Graton at 9:45 pm (mostly for dancers) Spread the word; this is going to be a wonderful collection of talent! Looking forward to working with you, Irena 887-1227