Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    margi

Need Advice RE: Innerdigital Cysts

Looks like my 10 year old Dobie has an innerdigital cyst. What can I do for her to ease the pain? Is it ok to soak her paw in epsom salt? She is on Rymadyl for arthritis right now...is that ok and will that med help?

She has had them before and if I recall I gave her an antibiotic (Flaxoid or something) should I get anther perscription for that? I hate to drag the old girl to the vet---she is terrified of the vet. If I can help her at home.....so much better for all of us.

Thanks

Margi
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    decterlove

Re: Need Advice RE: Innerdigital Cysts

I'm not a vet and don't know exactly what that condition is but if there is a pain element present you might try and see if you can wrap the paw in a green clay poultice overnight maybe with a little cheesecloth to keep it in place. (you want it to be about 1/4 to 1/2 thick over the problem area) Epsom salts make a great soak but a clay poultice can really draw out pain and infection.

I only use green clay (Now makes it in a plastic bottle/sometimes you can buy it in bulk or dig it up near a hot springs) all thru out my twenties for the chronic ear aches I suffered then. It never failed to take the pain away within five minutes. I would pack it behind my ear and put some tissue paper over it to keep it in place and go right back to sleep. I gave it to a neighbor about 3 years ago who had a painful cyst on her knee and it reduced it dramatically overnite.

You can also make poultices from any green vegetable...also comphrey.....you need to mash it up in this case and again wrap it in something to hold it in place. I added mustard powder sometimes to my ear poultice...burned the skin a little but added heat. You could also use ginger or any herbs but I'd be cautious for animals, especially cats. Clay is very safe tho but is should be green, or possible red to really draw...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by margi: View Post
    Looks like my 10 year old Dobie has an innerdigital cyst. What can I do for her to ease the pain? Is it ok to soak her paw in epsom salt? She is on Rymadyl for arthritis right now...is that ok and will that med help?
    Last edited by Barry; 06-05-2007 at 08:48 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email