Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Lisa W

What Women Want

I feel this is a simple request, but am finding that many people have difficulty with doing it. When we attempt to connect with people on line (in this particular case, but also in every interaction) and make plans to call and perhaps meet for further explorations, it is respectful and polite to follow through at least on the phone call. If one changes their mind about the meeting, I personally appreciate being called, as the person had said they would, even if it is to bow out gracefully from any tentative plans. It is a drag to be left hanging, waiting for someone to call, trying to keep an evening open for meeting a new interesting person, and then . . . . nothing.

Computer dating is so anonymous that it seems some people lose perspective of the fact that they are dealing with a real human on the other end, who deserves respect. I hope that this posting will remind others to consider this in future exchanges.

Very Sincerely felt and expressed,

Lisa
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Zeno Swijtink

Re: What Women Want

Hi Lisa,

You're right on. I want to second that.

One way in which the organization of the list can encourage considerate behavior is by having more people give their real name in their profile, (maybe by having real names only available to other real name people), and by having occasional "We're Real" parties for real name people.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lisa W:
    I feel this is a simple request, but am finding that many people have difficulty with doing it. When we attempt to connect with people on line (in this particular case, but also in every interaction) and make plans to call and perhaps meet for further explorations, it is respectful and polite to follow through at least on the phone call.
    Lisa
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email