Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    decterlove

I need help setting up first website.....

It's not that complicated (in terms of graphics or commerce/doesn't need to make any transactions or anything like that) and I already have the home page design in my head and sketched out........maybe a half dozen other intra site page links AND unlimited capability in terms of adding new pages.......archive capacity too, I guess............

Not too much graffix......real clean pages, mostly text, stories but it has to be real classy upfront and very professional........will be a commercial site.

I know some html but no css etc............nothing will be purchased directly on the site but it will link to many other business sites..........might be nice to have tracking no of hits on it.....

I wouldn't think any template would work......but I've only seen a few sites offering them.....I want the home page to be very clean, unique, and classy and have the background be a pic of the sky and light reflecting off a body of water.........very light and subtle.....do you always need a lot of text on the home page to be positioned well?

oh and go daddy has the domain available but wants be to purchase extra ending like net, bix, info, yahdayyahdayyahdayya......is it worth it? and how do you use them to increase traffic? (The website name will have the name of a city in it so maybe I should buy a few extra???)

All advice must be free or very cheap! to start off with....if you're REAL helpful tho......I'd be happy to do some editing or some kind of barter with you........Thanks! ds
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    alphagrl

Re: I need help setting up first website.....

Well, if you really want a professional website, you might consider the fact that professionals charge money for those services. You will be making an investment in your business which will make your motivation to succeed much higher. Otherwise, change you post to "any web savvy teenagers out there hoping to work for free".

I've seen numerous postings such as this on the wacco and I'm not sure why small business owners are not anticipating that marketing and web development IS a major part of their buisness investment.

Anyone out there understand this?

GOOD LUCK!

alphagrl

Quote Posted in reply to the post by decterlove: View Post
    It's not that complicated (in terms of graphics or commerce/doesn't need to make any transactions or anything like that) and I already have the home page design in my head and sketched out........maybe a half dozen other intra site page links AND unlimited capability in terms of adding new pages.......archive capacity too, I guess............

Not too much graffix......real clean pages, mostly text, stories but it has to be real classy upfront and very professional........will be a commercial site.

I know some html but no css etc............nothing will be purchased directly on the site but it will link to many other business sites..........might be nice to have tracking no of hits on it.....

I wouldn't think any template would work......but I've only seen a few sites offering them.....I want the home page to be very clean, unique, and classy and have the background be a pic of the sky and light reflecting off a body of water.........very light and subtle.....do you always need a lot of text on the home page to be positioned well?

oh and go daddy has the domain available but wants be to purchase extra ending like net, bix, info, yahdayyahdayyahdayya......is it worth it? and how do you use them to increase traffic? (The website name will have the name of a city in it so maybe I should buy a few extra???)

All advice must be free or very cheap! to start off with....if you're REAL helpful tho......I'd be happy to do some editing or some kind of barter with you........Thanks! ds
    Last edited by Barry; 04-22-2007 at 01:07 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    ChazMacs

Re: I need help setting up first website.....

Your needs are pretty simple. You will need to pay something if you want a professional website. You will get more or less what you pay for. I am happy to discuss your site with you if you like, and depending on how we feel about it, I am more than able to put a site together for you inexpensively. Here's a freebie... don't worry too much about the "extra" domains... .com is the most important for a business site.
    Charles Lindauer
    Lindauer Macintosh Consulting
    [email protected]
    707-479-6170

Quote Posted in reply to the post by decterlove: View Post