Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    AquaGyrl

I park like an idiot (dot com)

I've been doing (yet) more research in the social networking sphere. One of the more interesting sites I visit made me very happy by telling me about this:

Iparklikeanidiot.com

This is quite possibly the most useful site I have ever visited. For anyone who has felt the wrath of not being able to park in a spot due to someone else's stupidity, just order a set of 20 of these (low-tack) stickers and slap one onto the offending car for the ultimate revenge. Love it!

Check out iparklikeanidiot.com

Share it with your friends.

(Yes. I'm ordering my 20-pack of bumper stickers).
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Tars

Re: I park like an idiot (dot com)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AquaGyrl: View Post
    Check out iparklikeanidiot.com

Share it with your friends. (Yes. I'm ordering my 20-pack of bumper stickers).
    Heh...if we frequent the same places, I expect to see your stickers plastered all over my truck.

The other evening Bill Maher admonished drivers of large gas-guzzlers like mine that "the "COMPACT" label on parking spots is NOT a verb!" Bill likes to brag self-righteously about the Prius he drives, and apparently believes that everyone else in the universe should drive one too.

I often take up one & a half "COMPACT" parking spots in the lots I use. Maybe I'm insensitive; I try not to be. I have a need to drive my big diesel glugger because almost everyday I'm picking up 30+ bales of hay, a dozen 50-lb bags of this or that, lumber, cement, etc. I'd park in the full-size slots, but the drivers of the teensy cars have usually already filled those up. So as not to be selfish though, I usually park in the "COMPACT" slots further out.

Tars

3. TopTop #3
    Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tars: View Post
    Bill likes to brag self-righteously about the Prius he drives, and apparently believes that everyone else in the universe should drive one too.
    I'm inclined to agree with him, though I know that some, you for instance, have legitimate need for a larger vehicle. I myself don't have a Prius, more's the pity--can't remotely afford it!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Tars: View Post
    I'd park in the full-size slots, but the drivers of the teensy cars have usually already filled those up. So as not to be selfish though, I usually park in the "COMPACT" slots further out.
    At least you're showing a bit of consideration, unlike so many drivers of huge gas guzzlers. It looks to me like most of them, unlike you, have no legitimate need for a huge vehicle; they seem to be buying them out of some kind of childish macho impulse or...? I dunno; I don't really understand it. Then they think that buying aircraft-carrier-sized vehicles gives them a right to more than one space even when that makes it rough on others (such as when the lot is full, or someone has to walk further in the rain because they took up the closer spaces.) A pet peeve of mine.

Again, Tars, I recognize your legit need for a big vehicle, but usually when I see one, two questions go through my head:

1. Could someone really have a penis so tiny he needs to compensate with a vehicle that big?

2. How many miles per gallon of innocent Arab blood do they get?

Dixon

4. TopTop #4
    TayanaGirl37

Quote 1. Could someone really have a penis so tiny he needs to compensate with a vehicle that big?
    Considering the number of women I see driving large, SUV type vehicles with no one else in them, does that mean they are compensating for not having any penis? I'm unclear on that one--and not that much of a Freudian either.

And I'm with the not-even-close to affording a hybrid. It's a lovely idea...and I wonder what is the pollution level created from the manufacturing process of that vehicle compared to the one I have that's paid for and servicable. Am I really ahead by supporting any kind of consumerism when I don't need a new vehicle?

Yes, more questions than answers as usual.

Besides, don't we have enough rules and judgements in life that any of need someone evaluating our parking abilities? Better, IMHO, to park far away from other cars way at the end of the lot and get some extra walking in than shoe-horn in around others who aren't park in the way I/you deem appropriate. At least I'll have an idea of where that funny sticker came from when one shows on my car.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-24-2007 at 11:48 AM.

5. TopTop #5
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

I got in a bit of trouble on earth day, parking at whole food in my truck, a women yelled across the parking lot, do you really need that big truck?
    Well Yes I do, it is full most of the time since I deal in used furniture!!! They don't see that though, they only see it when it is empty. LOL! I did buy a little car to drive around town in, but it was more of a hassle and doing more harm than good. I would drive it to work only to have to go home and get my truck to deliver furniture. The little car did make my lovely daughter happy though; she came back from Florida and said DAD I NEED A CAR! So much for my new little car. I can’t wait for Aquagyrl to put one on me! I may just park sidewayz all over town til I get mine!!!

6. TopTop #6
    Photo Consultant

There is this cool retro form of transportation available to everyone- its called walking. Many adventurous sorts have ventured into it -at the shock of drivers everywhere!
    Breeze down the street while others just wait at the lights, try it when you meet your friend for coffee or go to the bookstore. You'll turn heads downtown. No more Mad Max for you- oh no!

7. TopTop #7
    Tars

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Photo Consultant: View Post
    There is this cool retro form of transportation available to everyone- its called walking.
    Can I get you to pull my horse trailer down to Fresno for me next weekend? Thanks! Heh...I'd like to see Maher hook his Prius up & give it try! Weeeeeeneeeeneeee [SNAP!] tinkle tinkle thud.