Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    SandBar

Clothing for Shelters?

Does anyone know of a women's shelter or someplace I can donate some old clothes? When I lived in Marin I used to bring them to a great place in San Rafael but would like to give locally now that I'm up here. Thanks.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    LaurieSequana

Re: Clothing for Shelters?

The YWCA runs the women's shelter here. In the past, they accepted no donations. Rather, they had a place you donated to (a thrift store) that then gave some of the money to them. I recommend calling the YWCA to see what their current policy is. They did keep a rack of professional looking clothing for women to go to court or a job interview. It is a number of years since I did work for them.
    Be Well,

Laurie Sequana Stolmaker

3. TopTop #3
    sunflower

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SandBar: View Post
    Does anyone know of a women's shelter or someplace I can donate some old clothes? When I lived in Marin I used to bring them to a great place in San Rafael but would like to give locally now that I'm up here. Thanks.
    There is a church-run thrift shop on Mill St. in Guerneville across the street from the post office. It's a nice place. They take donations.

4. TopTop #4
    Photo Consultant

The Welfare League in Railroad Sq. Santa Rosa, have been helping women & children for 70? years, I recommend them.

5. TopTop #5
    SandBar

Re: Clothing to give away

Thank you all for so many great suggestions of where to bring my tired old clothes. Today 'accidentally' I found a perfect place in Graton - the "Love Your Neighbor" thrift shop. They sell whatever's donated to buy food for folks that need it. They've even begun planting a food garden right in front. I was able to also give them an old computer and printer. Check it out.

I appreciated all of your suggestions, was plannng on bringing the stuff to the mission in santa rosa but this place appeared right where I was driving.
    Sandy