Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    loi
    Supporting Member

Epiphany closing?

Hello,

I have heard that the city of Santa Rosa is trying to close down Epiphany Music - presumably because they have violated some ordinances, but is it because they don't want all the teens hanging around downtown? Is this accurate? I would love more information if you have it.

As a former local teen myself, I am upset that these kids soon may not have a place to see music. I think it's a great venue and we all deserve to have safe places to hang out (especially the kids).

Has anyone heard anything new on this topic?
    I would love to be able to do something about this.

Thanks,
    Loi
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Tars

Re: Epiphany closing?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by loi: View Post
    I have heard that the city of Santa Rosa is trying to close down Epiphany Music - presumably because they have violated some ordinances, but is it because they don't want all the teens hanging around downtown?
    That may be an unstated reason by the city. I rmember reading an article about it a coupla weeks ago in the PD. I remember that the owner had been ordered to cease operation because of some building violations she had made. And there was something about her electricity having been shut off, and then she was "stealing" electricity from neighbors by bypassing her meter.

3. TopTop #3
    Sabrina

Yes, the whole story was in the Press Democrat about a week ago. There were a lot of compliance issues, and the final straw that broke the camels back was that the owner was caught steeling electricity from PG& E. According to the city they were trying to keep her open as they were aware that this was a great place for kids, with the compliance issues, prior to the PG & E incident. Maybe others know more.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by loi: View Post
    Hello,

I have heard that the city of Santa Rosa is trying to close down Epiphany Music - presumably because they have violated some ordinances, but is it because they don't want all the teens hanging around downtown? Is this accurate? I would love more information if you have it.

As a former local teen myself, I am upset that these kids soon may not have a place to see music. I think it's a great venue and we all deserve to have safe places to hang out (especially the kids).

Has anyone heard anything new on this topic?
    I would love to be able to do something about this.

Thanks,
    Loi

4. TopTop #4
    79paul

Read the article in last week's Bohemian.
    Yes sorry for the kids and they need a place to hang out and perform, but the woman that owned the place was not such a good business owner.
    Beside stealing from PGE ( which we can somehow justify) and many thousand $$ behind to the tax board (also conscionable), she seemed fairly lax on little details like fire codes.....

5. TopTop #5
    Juggledude

Quote Posted in reply to the post by 79paul: View Post
    Read the article in last week's Bohemian.
    Yes sorry for the kids and they need a place to hang out and perform, but the woman that owned the place was not such a good business owner.
    Beside stealing from PGE ( which we can somehow justify) and many thousand $$ behind to the tax board (also conscionable), she seemed fairly lax on little details like fire codes.....
    Shit,

I guess the $50 she still owes me on the 3 amplifiers I dropped off is history then. Oh well, Lisa, If you are reading this, I forgive the debt, put it toward creating something similar in the future, you had a great place going! A word of advice though, in order to succeed in this society, we generally need to pay at least lip service to the rules, whatever they may be.

Good Luck Epiphany!

Royce