Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    watermarkfarm

Introducing....The Rescue Horse Adoption Network

***Thinking about adopting a rescue horse?
    ***Are you currently fostering a rescue horse that is ready for its new home?

Introducing.....The Rescue Horse Adoption Network

I am a Santa Rosa horsewoman who takes in the occasional rescue horse, rehabs them, and finds those one-in-a-thousand permanent, wonderful homes.

Recently, as I interviewed potential adopters, I heard over and over "I want to adopt a rescue horse, but I don't know how to go about it!"

I realized there is a need for a grassroots "Adoption Network" here in the Bay Area. So I built a crude page on my rather simple website and called it Rescue Horse Adoption Network. Please check it out at:

www.horsehomepages.com/watermarkfarm

click on "Rescue Horse Adoption Network" PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN---I WILL BE ADDING HORSES AND HOMES AS THEY COME IN

If you are thinking about adopting a rescue horse, either for riding or companionship, or if you have a rescue horse ready for adoption, please contact me and I will screen you and then add your information to the list if you are legitimate. This is a bit of an experiment in process,and it is just beginning. It is FREE!!

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Katie Moore
    [email protected]
    Watermark Farm
    Santa Rosa, CA
    707-544-7584
    Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2007 at 11:50 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    watermarkfarm

Re: Introducing....The Rescue Horse Adoption Network

Thank you for your support, Sonoma County!!

I am hearing from potential adoptors! And we may have one adoption already "in the works."

People are finding out about what an amazing experience it is to take on a horse that was previously discarded, and to give that horse a lifetime of love and worth.

Listed are several "seniors" who are really in need of a wonderful, permanent home. Are you a horse lover who has a few acres and the time and resources to afford one of these deserving senior horses a place to lay their head?

www.horsehomepages.com/watermarkfarm (click on Rescue Horse Adoption Network)

Please feel free to email with questions. I am happy to hold your hand through the process of searching for the right equine companion, and to connect you with local horse people who can mentor you.

Thanks,

Katie Moore
    [email protected]
    Last edited by watermarkfarm; 04-18-2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: forgot URL

3. TopTop #3
    watermarkfarm

Congratulations to Paul on his adoption of local Tennessee Walker "Mr. H." May you enjoy many happy trails together!

WANTED! Gentle trail horse, max age 20 years, serviceably sound OK, very calm & gentle, suitable for adult beginner. For light trail riding. Great home; reference & site check already done. Please contact Katie at [email protected] for details

AVAILABLE: Sera, beautiful 6-year OTTB mare. Athletic, great mover, sound, great feet, green. Great sporthorse prospect. Intermediate rider. Located in Sebastopol.

Several companion-only horses are also available. Healthy, happy and ready to grace your pasture with beauty.

4. TopTop #4
    watermarkfarm

Congratulations to Amanda on her adoption of "Sera." And congratulations to former foster mom Michelle on placing Sera in such a wonderful home!

The Rescue Horse Adoption Network had made a second lifetime match for a rescued horse in need of a permanent home.

Currently, I am helping several older rescued horses find homes as non-riding companion horses. If you have room in your life (and pasture) for a senior horse, please contact me. The three horses below are all suitable for novices:

Damask: Late 20s Thoroughbred gelding, rescued from euthanasia by training barn once he was "past his prime." Healthy, happy boy who need senior feed and TLC. Located in Petaluma.

Sunny: Sweet 12 year old Thoroughbred mare rescued from slaughter. Healthy with no special needs. Not rideable due to old hoof injury. Located in Cotati.

Angel: Bombproof, sweet 25+ years Thoroughbred mare, just recently rescued from a Washington feedlot with her 6 month old foal at her side (both will be available for adoption within a month or so, when the foal is weaned) Emaciated with long feet, Angel is now in foster care in Concord. She needs a home with FLAT pasture or turnout and one or two elderly, calm buddies who will not force her to move fast. She has degenerated suspensory ligaments behind, and is not rideable. She needs TLC to fatten up. VERY sweet mare, ties, bathes, trailers like a dream. Located in foster care in Concord (east bay).

Please see the website at: www.horsehomepages.com/watermarkfarm and click on "Rescue Horse Adoption Network" or email Katie at [email protected] for photos of the above horses and more information.

5. TopTop #5
    sara

Horses on death row at lake county shelter

Hi, I just wanted to post an alert that there are 2 relatively young (10 and 14 yrs), sound, and trained thoroughbred horses at the Lake County shelter that are scheduled to be put down on tuesday if they are not rescued. Here is the link:

https://www.co.lake.ca.us/Government...er_Animals.htm

and this is the craigslist post which has a few more details about their history and training:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/pet/1426824192.html