Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    findingme2

Annoying Phone Calls from West Sonoma County

Is anyone else getting these calls from “West Sonoma County, phone number 824-6439? The phone will ring every 15 minutes or so starting around 6 PM and go through to 9PM. We get this about once a week. It is going on right now. I will have to check if it is always on Mondays or not. I talked with the phone company, but they are no help. If you answer the phone no one is ever there. It isn’t like the computer calls, where eventually someone picks up. If you call the number, they say “Thank you for purchasing Easy Caller and then a beep.” My number is blocked and I use a different phone line to call their number.Any input would be appreciated. The do not call register is no help either.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    soulsk8ter77

Re: Annoying Phone Calls from West Sonoma County

Quote Posted in reply to the post by findingme2: View Post
    Is anyone else getting these calls from “West Sonoma County, phone number 824-6439? ...

Have you tried to google the number to see if it belongs to a business? Missy
    Last edited by Barry; 03-21-2007 at 01:25 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    don
    Founding Member

It may be a fax call that is programmed to redial until it makes connection with another fax machine. I've had plenty of those come this way.

Good Luck!
    Don
    Is anyone else getting these calls from “West Sonoma County, phone number 824-6439? The phone will ring every 15 minutes or so starting around 6 PM and go through to 9PM. We get this about once a week. It is going on right now. I will have to check if it is always on Mondays or not. I talked with the phone company, but they are no help. If you answer the phone no one is ever there. It isn’t like the computer calls, where eventually someone picks up. If you call the number, they say “Thank you for purchasing Easy Caller and then a beep.” My number is blocked and I use a different phone line to call their number.Any input would be appreciated. The do not call register is no help either.

4. TopTop #4
    terik

I take it you have a child in school. Easy caller is an automated telephone system which calls parents to advise them their child was absent/late to a class(es). The number is most likely not published and usually more than one number is dedicated to this system so it can make multiple calls. The system is for outgoing calls and not designed to take calls from the public. The school admin can call in from home and enter a password to enter a message for the system to call parents with, in the event school will be canceled or delayed due to weather and such. It is a very common phone program used by hundreds of schools.

You can do an online search for "Easy Caller School District" and you'll see a lot of schools use it.

This is no conspiracy here, only the school trying to keep you up to date on your child and keep in compliance with the No Child Left Behind act.

Last edited by Barry; 11-15-2007 at 07:33 PM.

5. TopTop #5
    David MySky

Could be a trolling bot. It records the time you answer the phone and then a real person will call back at that time another night. I heard if you start mashing # & * as soon as you realize no one is there, it will confuse the machine and dump your # out of the system.

Is anyone else getting these calls from “West Sonoma County, phone number 824-6439?

6. TopTop #6
    shellebelle

I'm not but here's some info

(707) 824-6439 is a land line based in Sebastopol, CA
    The registered service provider is Pacific Bell**.
    Detailed listing information is not available.

Ooops forgot to mention this means that this is not a business phone line. Thus why you are having problems with the no call list. Possibly this may be a technical problem (like the old cell phone that is dialing 911) and maybe just maybe you could ask the phone company to check and recondition the line. It may stop the calls.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by LQQK: View Post
    Could be a trolling bot. It records the time you answer the phone and then a real person will call back at that time another night. I heard if you start mashing # & * as soon as you realize no one is there, it will confuse the machine and dump your # out of the system.

Is anyone else getting these calls from “West Sonoma County, phone number 824-6439?
    Last edited by shellebelle; 11-26-2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Update!

7. TopTop #7
    findingme2

I posted this so long ago I forgot about it!!
    I figured it out when I got a call from the school about my daughter being sick and the number was similar to the one that kept calling us. I then talked with the Analy attendance office and found out that since we have a special answering ring on our phone that is to stop computerized solicitations, their computer will hang up and keep calling for days until someone answers. We no longer have the special answering ring (it didn't work anyway!). Thanks to all who have responded lately.
    Regards,
    Donna

Quote Posted in reply to the post by terik: View Post
    I take it you have a child in school. Easy caller is an automated telephone system which calls parents to advise them their child was absent/late to a class(es). The number is most likely not published and usually more than one number is dedicated to this system so it can make multiple calls. The system is for outgoing calls and not designed to take calls from the public. The school admin can call in from home and enter a password to enter a message for the system to call parents with, in the event school will be canceled or delayed due to weather and such. It is a very common phone program used by hundreds of schools.

You can do an online search for "Easy Caller School District" and you'll see a lot of schools use it.

This is no conspiracy here, only the school trying to keep you up to date on your child and keep in compliance with the No Child Left Behind act.