Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Louise

where to get passport photo ...cheap!

Anybody have any suggestions for west county or Santa Rosa for where to get a passport photo but not pay alot? thanks! IRena
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Juggledude

Re: where to get passport photo ...cheap!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Louise: View Post
    Anybody have any suggestions for west county or Santa Rosa for where to get a passport photo but not pay alot? thanks! IRena
    I don't know what the charge is, but my a few years ago, I did a whole rigmarole to save a buck on passport photos for my family, and it ended up that the passport authority rejected 2 out of 4 photos. Getting them retaken at the post office cost a little more in $, but it would have saved a bunch in time and hassle just to let them do it in the first place.

hope this helps!

Royce

3. TopTop #3
    jgblair

$15 at the Occidental Post Office. Other local Post Offices may be able to do it as well.

John

4. TopTop #4
    mykil
    A Really Cute Guy

I just had mine taken at the post office itself , the picture was alot better than you would expect, they even have a very nice expensive camera to do the job, $15.

5. TopTop #5
    Juggledude

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mykil: View Post
    I just had mine taken at the post office itself , the picture was alot better than you would expect, they even have a very nice expensive camera to do the job, $15.
    Oh no, they are going to let you out of the country?

6. TopTop #6
    DVJ

I got my passport photos taken at Costco last October and got my passport with no problem... I forget the fee but it was about half the post office photo cost, maybe $8.

Yesterday I went to RiteAid on Marlowe (NOT Sebastopol where they don't have a good camera) and got more photos (now I need a visa) for $7.99 plus tax. And until the end of the month "passport photos" are "free", i.e., send in the rebate sheet or do it all over the Internet... just keep your receipt and go to the Rite Aid website... or mail in the rebate form available at the store.) I've never had a problem with Rite Aid rebates, doing it on the Internet. (Be patient while the page slowly loads if you use a modem.)

Bonus: RiteAid gave me a sheet with SIX identical pictures so now I'm swimming in photos. But it's good to have a couple of passport pics with you when you travel ...facilitates getting a replacement passport if yours should get stolen or lost and your travel companion should also have at least one photo of you.

By the way, the posters make it look like you MUST get your passport at the POST OFFICE, but if you're doing a renewal and still have your current passport, you can get the forms off the Internet, assemble it all at home, and mail it in. Costs quite a bit less. I did it in October with no problems. I guess the wait will be a little longer today with the combination of summer travel and the new Canadian border rules, but I doubt the PO is any faster... and maybe slower. I got my new passport much sooner than I expected, based on the posted "estimated time of processing".

Good luck with your travels!