Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    iaim2xl
    Supporting member

Too Many of Us Just Walk on By...

Friends, Neighbors, WACCOVIANS-

As you may have noticed, WACCO looks a little different--especially for those of you who visit the actual site and not just get the email digest. Maybe you read Barry's humble and quiet call for support recently as the new changes were unveiled. Then again, maybe you didn't see his post asking for people to chip in. Or maybe you saw it and just "kept on walking."

I know Barry. Not real well, but well enough to know that he spends 40-60 hours a week "volunteering" to maintain WACCO and keep building it into the successful community forum it is today. Barry also pays for the programming costs, the designer fees and technology costs out of his pocket. Barry is not wealthy, and this calling has cost him plenty.

So I asked Barry how many people out of the 4,000 members of WACCO had answered his plea for support--which amounts to $24 a year. "About a dozen," he said.

Let's see. At that rate, Barry will make $24 a month this year, or about 80 cents a day for working full-time hours. C'mon, folks, this is YOUR conscious community forum. We look to WACCO for a wide variety of value, now it's time to give back a little.

I realize $24 could be a stretch for many people, but it's the right thing to do. Barry needs your support. Don't walk on by. Get on that web site and click your way to generosity! It's good for your karma, it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, and your sex life will improve instantly. More importantly, WACCO will continue to be there the next time you want to post and ad or read something cool that's going on in our community.

Here's the link. Do it now. https://www.waccobb.net/forums/membership.php
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Mrs. Wacco
    Behind every great man...

Re: Too Many of Us Just Walk on By...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by iaim2xl: View Post

As you may have noticed, WACCO looks a little different--especially for those of you who visit the actual site and not just get the email digest. Maybe you read Barry's humble and quiet call for support recently as the new changes were unveiled. Then again, maybe you didn't see his post asking for people to chip in. Or maybe you saw it and just "kept on walking."

I know Barry. Not real well, but well enough to know that he spends 40-60 hours a week "volunteering" to maintain WACCO and keep building it into the successful community forum it is today. Barry also pays for the programming costs, the designer fees and technology costs out of his pocket. Barry is not wealthy, and this calling has cost him plenty.

So I asked Barry how many people out of the 4,000 members of WACCO had answered his plea for support--which amounts to $24 a year. "About a dozen," he said.

Let's see. At that rate, Barry will make $24 a month this year, or about 80 cents a day for working full-time hours. C'mon, folks, this is YOUR conscious community forum. We look to WACCO for a wide variety of value, now it's time to give back a little.

I realize $24 could be a stretch for many people, but it's the right thing to do. Barry needs your support. Don't walk on by. Get on that web site and click your way to generosity! It's good for your karma, it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, and your sex life will improve instantly. More importantly, WACCO will continue to be there the next time you want to post and ad or read something cool that's going on in our community.

Tim - Thanks so much for your support of Mr. Barry!!

Linda

3. TopTop #3
    Deborah

You're very right on. I just did it. I am glad. I like being a member of WACCOBB. Thanks, I hope everyone does what they can. Keep this going!!! Deborah

4. TopTop #4
    Juggledude

Quote Posted in reply to the post by iaim2xl: View Post

I agree wholeheartedly!

- Royce

5. TopTop #5
    Allen

I agree that we should support Wacco and Mr. B. I am sending my check today. Come on people, lets chip in.
    allen