Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    petermargolies

Better Price From Comcast

I just cut my Comcast bill by a third - from $146.00 to $99! Here's how.
    Last year I signed up for their total service - cable, high speed internet and phone package. I already had cable and internet service. Just added the phone deal. The monthly coast was $139 plus tax. I was able to keep my ATandT phone number and everything else about the phones was the same. A technician just did some switching where the lines enter the house and added a different type of modem. The phones work exactly the same as before, except they were much cheaper.
    Recently we've been getting offers from ATandT for a similar package. It would require switching to the Dish from cable and to a Yahoo internet service from Comcast, which would mean a new e-mail address.
    So, I called Comcast, told them I was thinking about switching because of the deal AtandT was offering. They offered me the introductory package of $99 a month for the same service I got last year for $139 plus tax. The price is guaranteed for a year and they're adding a box on one of the TVs. This will give us free movies, music and whatever else the box provides.
    It just took a phone call to 1-800-945-2288. This will save me six hundred dollars over the course of the next year.
    Worth a phone call, don't you think?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    charmoon

Re: Better Price From Comcast

There may be even better deals. Ask the comcast person for the best deal available, or combination of deals. Sometimes there's different deals, depending on whether you order over the phone, or online. At this time, in my introductory first year, I was paying about $80/month for highspeed, basic cable, and 2 phones, and just today I got that lowered to $70 for the next year, because they made a billing error, and decided to restart my plan with another one.

Charmoon
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email