Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Juggledude

How do you send/receive your faxes ?

Ok, so I've been using WinFax Pro from Symmantec for years, it's good enough, has an intuitive tree structure similar to outlook or windows explorer for storing, sorting and archiving faxes, and sends well and integrates with Word and Excell..

problem is, it's corrupted itself, to the extent that not only is all my data lost, an uninstall and reinstall of the app won't even let me use it, it hangs upon run... (and yes, if I had a Mac, I wouldn't have these problems, I know, I know, but hey... )

No doubt, there is something corrupted in the registry, or some .dll file that isn't removed by the uninstall which is the culprit...

Anyway, it's always been a bit of a dog, using huge amounts of system resources, etc, and I decided I'd go looking for comparable but better software to handle my large volume of faxing in my office...

Imagine my surprise when I find that not only has Symmantec discontinued support (and even mention!) of any fax software on their website, google searches and cnet review searches and amazon searches all turn up bupkiss when looking for any fax software! Oh, there are a few shareware things and programs which look like they were written by high school computer geeks, but no full featured apps at all?

What are people using for faxing these days? It doesn't make sense to use a fax machine for high volume incoming faxes, 80% of what I get I don't need to print...

help?

Royce

P.S. I tried the fax manager that is included with windows, but it lacks even the simple ability to create additional directories to store faxes in... need more...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: How do you send/receive your faxes ?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Juggledude: View Post
    Ok, so I've been using WinFax Pro from Symmantec for years, it's good enough...
    Hey there, Royce,

I avoid faxes like the plague, but when forced to, I use https://www.efax.com which lets you receive faxes as email. Plus it has a handy feature that let's you digitally "sign" a document and send it back without ever printing it.

I believe they offer a free service that let's you receive faxes but not send them. You can get the deluxe service for $20/month. (Seems like everybody wants to get paid for their service these days...).

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email