Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

Low Carbon Diet: Lose 5,000 lb. in 30 Days!

Here's the link to a Christian Science Monitor article on a program for grass-roots outreach
    to get individual households to reduce their CO2 emissions by one-tenth:
    https://www.csmonitor.com/2006/1228/p14s01-sten.html
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    fogdart

Low Carbon Diet: are you also fooled by media?

All well and good for one's conscience, however, since co2 is one of the most important and life-sustaining gasses we have (in the past geologic time-wise, these cycles of abundant co2 have resulted in way more greenery, healthier water more critters and insignificant climate change) and since the global warming hoax is merely a reason to create a global 'carbon' tax (Gore's been hip to this), I think we ought to leave the co2 cycle to itself. Entertaining movie, wish the science were better. I am hopefully well-schooled enough to not be fooled by the media, you?

3. TopTop #3
    wildflower

Re: Low Carbon Diet: are you also fooled by media?

Foolish denial is DANGEROUS!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by fogdart: View Post
    All well and good for one's conscience, however, since co2 is one of the most important and life-sustaining gasses we have (in the past geologic time-wise, these cycles of abundant co2 have resulted in way more greenery, healthier water more critters and insignificant climate change) and since the global warming hoax is merely a reason to create a global 'carbon' tax (Gore's been hip to this), I think we ought to leave the co2 cycle to itself. Entertaining movie, wish the science were better. I am hopefully well-schooled enough to not be fooled by the media, you?

4. TopTop #4
    Juggledude

Re: Low Carbon Diet: are you also fooled by media?

Fogdart,

Wow, I wasn't aware there were still pundits of the global warming as a myth philosophy. Even the masters of spin who are currently ruining...er, running our country aren't still touting this hogwash in the face of overwhelming scientific evidence.

You wish the science were better? Are you ignoring the simple facts? How do you explain the fact that CO2 levels are already many times higher than they have been in the last several million years, and still violently climbing? How can you call actively dumping trillions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere daily "leaving the CO2 cycle to itself"?

I am no friend of the media, and applaud your questioning stance with regard to what they tell us, but please, do tell, where have you found alternative evidence on this issue? Simply being stated by the media does no more to make a fact untrue than it does to make it true.

Royce

Quote Posted in reply to the post by fogdart: View Post