Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    silvermoonwolf999

Sounds in your head too?

Does anyone else have music, sounds, voices—as if you're tuned in to a lot of different radio frequencies simultaneously—in your head?

My partner has always had this, and it is increasing. Anyone have any thoughts?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Dixon

Re: Sounds in your head too?

I'd suggest a psychiatric consultation. There are medications that can often give relief in such situations. Some folks have bad side effects from such meds, but many folks benefit from them with little or no apparent side effects. I worked in mental health for 20 or so years, and saw many people's lives changed for the better with the right med. Of course, they don't work for everyone, and meds of any kind should be used only if other approaches don't work.

Good luck!

Dixon

Quote Posted in reply to the post by silvermoonwolf999:
    Does anyone else have music, sounds, voices—as if you're tuned in to a lot of different radio frequencies simultaneously—in your head?

My partner has always had this, and it is increasing. Anyone have any thoughts?

3. TopTop #3
    JulieJess

Re: Sounds in your head too?

They're called EAR WORMS and they can last forever. I sang with the SR Symphony this weekend, the wonderful Dona Nobis Pacem. It's 68 pages long and I've had various ear worms since August when we started on it. Right now I could probably do the whole thing. My husband and I were talking about this yesterday and he sang me a trumpet trio he did in 8th grade. Good luck.