Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    moonrise

Found Long Hair German Shepherd, probably purebred

What a sweetie she is!!!!

West rural Sonoma County, CA
    In vicinity of Jonive Ridge (Jonive Road x Bodega Highway) on private property. Animal Control came by my place asking if she was mine or if I knew who she belonged to and told me he’d picked her up at a house up the hill (sheep ranch). A friend suggests this dog moved his soul: and he let me take her to see if I could find her owners.

Email me privately if this is your dog or you know this dog. Include your phone number in your private email and I’ll get back to you. I don’t post my phone on public boards.

-Dorothy

Here’s a couple pictures:
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    helenscott08

Re: Found Female Shepherd x (maybe a little Malamute?)

Thank you so much for keeping this very beautiful GS from the shelter.

I am almost positive I saw a recent posting here on Wacco about a lost GS and I believe this may be the lost dog. Sure hope she is reunited soon with her family.

I had a GS named SASSY. She was very much the same coloring only shorter fur. THEY ARE WONDERFUL DOGS, the German Shepherds. VERY SMART, loving and sweet.

Thanks again to you for taking this sweet dog in your protective care.

helen s

Quote Posted in reply to the post by moonrise:
    What a sweetie she is!!!!

Big pumpkin-colored girl with blue color. A little black and white hair swirled in with the pumpkin brown and red rusty colors. She’s beautiful. In vicinity of Jonive Ridge (Jonive Road x Bodega Highway) on private property. Animal Control came by my place asking if she was mine or if I knew who she belonged to and told me he’d picked her up at a house up the hill (sheep ranch). A friend suggests this dog moved his soul: and he let me take her to see if I could find her owners. I KNOW this dog belongs to someone. She’s young to early middle age (plays like a puppy), knows a lot of commands including sit, lie down, roll over, shake hands. Loves playing with tennis balls walks fairly well on leash.

I’m taking her into town to get some ticks removed and have her scanned for a microchip. Email me privately if this is your dog or you know this dog. Include your phone number in your private email and I’ll get back to you. I don’t post my phone on this board.

Thanks very much!

-Dorothy

Here’s a couple pictures:

3. TopTop #3
    moonrise

Re: Found Long Hair German Shepherd, probably purebred

This dog's owners were found and she is home. Thank you to many venders who posted her "found" flyer in in their shops in town (sebastopol). If not for this cooperation the dog would still be lost. It took a neighbor of the owners that recognized the pictures Sunday to call the owners and tell them about the poster and my phone number.

Lessons from this?

Don't let your dog take itself for a walk, not in the city, town, or out in the country or woods; no matter how gentle, kind, good it is; get a leash and walk it.

Don't let your dog's vaccines lapse.

Get your dog microchipped (I'm told Human Society has the best rate for this currently) AND put id on your dog's collar - also marking information in large legible letters on the INSIDE of the collar with a Sharpie pen will help make instant connection and a trip to town to get the dog scanned for a microchip can be avoided.

Have your dog licensed so if it is picked up by Animal Control you won't get fined for an unlicensed dog.

Don't assume your dog will come home eventually, even after it's been gone over 3 days.

Do check with animal control and keep checking and also be sure to ask to check the "Found Dog" reports as well

Do post missing flyers and notices to feed stores, post offices, pet stores, vet clinics,
    etc. Check local internet listings including Craigs list. Check breed rescue groups esp on yahoo and check K9AmberAlert on yahoo (groups). Post your dog and a description to these groups.

Finally, if you lose your dog and someone has kept it safe and secure and made efforts to find it's home, PLEASE show some gratitude and say thank you and be cooperative in meeting to pick up your dog. We all have lives. No matter how important we may think we are, others are also busy working and making a living or taking care of someone or doing something important. Some kindness will go a long way towards the person who helped your dog be willing to do something like this in the future for another. If there are any bills for vetrinary care for your dog reimburse the costs of care.
    Lost dogs often need something. This one had hundreds of ticks, no shot record (turned out her shots had lapsed) and a bad ear infection.

-D

4. TopTop #4
    gypsey

Re: Found Long Hair German Shepherd, probably purebred

Kudos to you for helping this dog and also for the very sound advice you posted. Microchipping is a bargain at about $31 even from your vet and includes a tag (tags fall off..so I like the idea of also putting the info inside the collar.) Also, if your dog is AKC registered, you can register your dog with their Companion Animal Recovery, you get a tag etc. Dogs have their own special intelligence but they are NOT people and this dog could have been killed by a car or whatever. Again, thanks to "D".
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by moonrise:
    This dog's owners were found and she is home. Thank you to many venders who posted her "found" flyer in in their shops in town (sebastopol). If not for this cooperation the dog would still be lost. It took a neighbor of the owners that recognized the pictures Sunday to call the owners and tell them about the poster and my phone number.

Lessons from this?

Don't let your dog take itself for a walk, not in the city, town, or out in the country or woods; no matter how gentle, kind, good it is; get a leash and walk it.

Don't let your dog's vaccines lapse.

Get your dog microchipped (I'm told Human Society has the best rate for this currently) AND put id on your dog's collar - also marking information in large legible letters on the INSIDE of the collar with a Sharpie pen will help make instant connection and a trip to town to get the dog scanned for a microchip can be avoided.

Have your dog licensed so if it is picked up by Animal Control you won't get fined for an unlicensed dog.

Don't assume your dog will come home eventually, even after it's been gone over 3 days.

Do check with animal control and keep checking and also be sure to ask to check the "Found Dog" reports as well

Do post missing flyers and notices to feed stores, post offices, pet stores, vet clinics,
    etc. Check local internet listings including Craigs list. Check breed rescue groups esp on yahoo and check K9AmberAlert on yahoo (groups). Post your dog and a description to these groups.

Finally, if you lose your dog and someone has kept it safe and secure and made efforts to find it's home, PLEASE show some gratitude and say thank you and be cooperative in meeting to pick up your dog. We all have lives. No matter how important we may think we are, others are also busy working and making a living or taking care of someone or doing something important. Some kindness will go a long way towards the person who helped your dog be willing to do something like this in the future for another. If there are any bills for vetrinary care for your dog reimburse the costs of care.
    Lost dogs often need something. This one had hundreds of ticks, no shot record (turned out her shots had lapsed) and a bad ear infection.

-D