Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sadirasunshine

Our emu is cold-advice

In driving around the county I've noticed the blue heads and dowager walks of emus in people pastures. I'm new to emu care, we have one on our property. And this morning when she came up for her breakfast she was crouching and shivering. Her feathers frosted. If I close her in the barn, I think she'd revolt. And normally she rests under a lone tree as sunset. Tell me emu people - is there anything we should do to protect her?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    helenscott08

Re: Our emu is cold-advice

wHY not try doing a GOOGLE SEARCH. I have pretty good results finding info on just about anything that way.

helen scott

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sadirasunshine:
    In driving around the county I've noticed the blue heads and dowager walks of emus in people pastures. I'm new to emu care, we have one on our property. And this morning when she came up for her breakfast she was crouching and shivering. Her feathers frosted. If I close her in the barn, I think she'd revolt. And normally she rests under a lone tree as sunset. Tell me emu people - is there anything we should do to protect her?

3. TopTop #3
    gypsey

Re: Our emu is cold-advice

It's my understanding that EMu's need shelter year round. (excessive heat or cold.) While I am not an EMU person, I've noticed that most Emu breeders have a 4 sided shelter with a roof and an open doorway on one side, sort of like a run-in shed. Good luck with your google and I hope you can build a shelter. I bet they have them for sale pre-fab.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by sadirasunshine: