Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    lmc

Looking for a Writer's Workshop

Hi,

I am an MFA student in Writing at the New College in San Francisco. I'm looking for a writer's group to meet with here in Sonoma County, a group that critiques and support in the writing process. Please let me know if anything like this is available.

[email protected]
    Leilani
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Juggledude

Re: Looking for a Writer's Workshop

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lmc:
    Hi,

I am an MFA student in Writing at the New College in San Francisco. I'm looking for a writer's group to meet with here in Sonoma County, a group that critiques and support in the writing process. Please let me know if anything like this is available.

[email protected]
    Leilani
    While I'm sure something like this probably does exist, I'm curiously attracted to the prospect of manifesting one to your / our specifications. I'd be willing to put some energy into this, anyone else interested?

Royce

3. TopTop #3
    L.C.McCabe

Re: Looking for a Writer's Workshop

Leilani wrote:

Quote Posted in reply to the post by lmc:
    Hi,

[email protected]
    Leilani
    Yes, there is a branch of the California Writers Club
    here in Sonoma County. It is the Redwood Branch
    and we are open to writers of all genres. We just had our monthly meeting last night and had the wonderful Joan Price as our speaker. In fact, she is the one who introduced me to the Wacco BB.

We have members who write in a diverse array of genres and styles. Critique groups are things that are organic and really take a good amount of effort to work well. It's not something where you can just throw a bunch of people together and make it work. No, it takes effort and chemistry.

Or you wind up having bad experiences with people who are too damned critical of anyone else's stuff and thin skinned about hearing anything less that absolute praise for their literary masterpieces.

My best advice is to come to our next meeting, and schmooze with people. See who you "click with" and ask around to find people who are interesting in similar writing as you are currently working on.

Good luck, and may your muse be treating you well.

L.C. McCabe