Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    pamelaL

some vaccine reaction reports from local nurses

There were as many reports as the following five separate reports, as simple "my arm was sore" - from a nurses FB site I am on - I found them interesting. I wanted to ask them personal questions, at least age, race and BMI - but didn't...

I had my second shot Sunday AM. By the PM my arm was sore, my teeth hurt (!) and fatigue was setting in. Woke at midnight with chattering teeth chills and by 3 AM temp was 102.8. That broke with Ibu by midday today, but still have HA and terrible muscle aches, feel like I’ve been run over by an 18 wheeler.

I’ve NEVER had such vaccine side effects in my life, and I’ve had a lot of them, being prior service and a disaster responder as well. Here’s hoping all will be resolved tomorrow.

I got vaccinated 2 days ago. Anyone else experience such fatigue you were scared to drive? I’m
    Always some kind of tired but
    Not Like this. lol.

Yeah I couldn’t even get out of bed. I was so dizzy and fatigued that when I would try and get up I couldn’t.

Ok update day 2 of second vaccine. Still nauseous, really bad headache, and it feels like someone hit a board over my shoulders. Still in pjs and not moving much.

Got second dose of Pfizer and had rxn 13 hours later. No issue with first. Had headache and chills and nausea and fever and very sore armpit. I’d make sure to at least have a day or two off.

Last edited by Barry; 01-13-2021 at 11:12 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Goat Rock Ukulele

Re: some vaccine reaction reports from local nurses

Of the 5 people I know who have had first dose. No issues. If I didn't see which arm they shot it in I wouldn't be able to tell you. No pain nothing. My wife says her arm is a little sore but otherwise feels fine. I have had two flu shots in my life time. One made me sick for a day, fever, chills, etc. Nothing with Pfizer Covid vaccine first dose so far. Everyones millage will vary but this our experience so far.

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3

Oh so many diffirent and difficult reactions to this vaccine. I was excited to sign up for it but now not so sure. I'm 76soon and guess I wwill be able to get it soon if I want it. Darn. Lilith

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pamelaL: View Post

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Goat Rock Ukulele

I know where you are coming from. I'm not all of one mind on this vaccine or other vaccines or most things for that matter. I generally don't get vaccines. I read all the antivax stuff. Like many I have an inner antivaxer rolling around in my head. In this case I told my inner antivaxer to shut the hell up!! we are doing this.

They questioned us when we made the appointment and before the shot if we have ever had an allergic reaction to any medication. They keep you there for 15 or 20 minutes to make sure you don't have an immediate allergic reaction. We. were ask to set our cell phone timer and keep track. No one had a bad reaction of the 25 or so I witnessed during that period.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Lilith Rogers: View Post

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: