Highland Clearances in the 21st Century

While watching the Netflix series “Outlander” on the television set at my friend’s house after my own Croft / Cottage had been burned as a incident in the “Glass Fire incident”, I was reminded of the Highland Clearances in Scotland that began in the Eighteenth Century.

My own cottage, cabins, barn, gardens, history library, tool-shed, trailers, power pole, water tanks, and every other thing of value on my land burned very quickly. I did not see them burn; having just barely made my escape from my hollow at the head of Los Alamos Canyone del Norte, where I did dwell for the past thirty-six years.

The fire that consumed Los Alamos Canyon and over sixty-five thousand acres in the vicinity has made many more people homeless. Thus we join the ranks of those thousands who have been burned out since the fires of October 2017. Some have been able to afford being relocated; some cannot.

To me, it is of signal importance that the current sitting POTUS, in his Press Conference on Friday, October 6, 2017, spoke of “the calm before the storm.” And when asked by the designated talking head anchorman, “What do you mean, Mr. President?” answered, “You’ll find out.”

Earlier in 2017, the United States Air Force had acquired a special jet from Boeing. It is a high-tech weapon of War. - a "directed energy weapon" {acronym, DEW.] It has a blue nosecone, like Frosty, the Snowman. And with that blue nosecone it can direct a laser that ignites fires - either on the ground or in the air.

Just two weeks before the fires of October 2017, I was coming home one evening, about dusk. As I was proceeding down Timberline Drive, on the backside of the Summit of Los Alamos Road, in my mind’s eye, I saw the future. I had not seen the News about the new arrival in the Air Force hangar.

Somehow, from somewhere, I received a waking Vision: To the East, on the far side of the Napa ridge, a jet with a laser in its nosecone, flying in the stratosphere in a southerly direction, ignited a linear path of fire on the eastern slope of the Mayacama ridge.

Coming home from the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in San Francisco on the night of October 11, 2017, I encountered heavy winds from the West in the stretch of highway 101 between Marinwood and Ignacio. There was a steady pulse of Westerly winds, running about 50 mph, with short choppy gusts of about 70 mph, which had the tendency to almost blow my truck easterly, into the next lane.

My inner voice instructed me to turn off on the Black Point Exit & take the Sears Point Exit at the foot of Arnold Drive, & to go home through the Valley of the Moon. So I did. It was about 10:40 p.m., Sunday, October 11, 2017.

Cresting the knoll on Arnold drive just South of the Jacuzzi Winery&Olive Castle, I saw the hills to the East of the Valley of the Moon - the Mayacama Range, & in which I live - lit with an eerie flickering reddish glow. It was a long continuous line of fire, on the Napa side of the Ridge. It was the Nun’s Canyon Fire. I had seen it before, in a Vision.

The Highland Clearances in Scotland, of Old…

The Highland Clearances in Scotland began in the Eighteenth Century. There had been two major revolts by the Scots in the Eighteenth Century, attempting to restore a Stuart King to the Throne of the United Kingdom: They took place in 1715 and again in 1745. At the Battle of Culloden in 1746, the assembled Jacobite forces were slaughtered almost to a man by the superior manpower and artillery of the English Army, commanded by the Hanoverian general, the brutal Duke of Cumberland.

The ostensible purpose of clearing the Highlands of the peasant crofter class was so that the heads of the clans could run sheep – which promised to be more profitable than having a ragged bunch of peasants engaged in subsistence farming. That was the cover story.

Of course there was a political purpose as well. The Lairds who were aligned with the House of Hanover desired to rid the Scottish earth of the scourge of the Jacobite heresy – or any potential for a Third Jacobite Revolt.

In the Ancient Celtic form of land tenure that prevailed in the Highlands, the majority of the Crofters did not own the parcels of land whereon they abode, let alone their own huts. Rather, the lands that pertained to the various Clans were held in Common.

The heads of the Clans had the authority to collect rent from the Crofters, yet, even in the midst of this condition of servitude, there existed a definite bond of Kinship, an organic sense of belonging to the Clan. This system worked fairly well in medieval and early modern times. But after the Victory of the House of Hanover over the Scots after the Battle of Culloden, the System began to break down.

As the series “Outlander” makes clear, the Battle of Culloden in 1746 was the beginning of the end for the Highland way of life. Most of the heads of the Clans with Jacobite sympathies who took arms in 1745 perished on the Moor of Culloden.

Conversely, the heads of the Clans who had taken the “Georgian,” pro-Hanoverian position in 1745, tended to spend the bulk of their time in London, in fine town houses. They had overseers – “factors” – who tended the business affairs of the lands in the Highlands for the Lairds who spent most of their time in London.

After the defeat of the Jacobite cause in 1746, the Georgian heads of the Clans came to view the “Commons” as their own personal fiefdoms – as the Norman lords south of the Border had always done –ever since the Battle of Hastings in 1066.

One of the first prominent promoters of “Clearing” the Highlands was Viscount Trentham, Earl Gower, Marquis of Stafford, who married the Countess of Sutherland in 1785. He was not even a Scot. He was an Anglo-Norman aristocrat, with all of the biases incumbent to his birth.

It was in the interest of the House of Hanover and the pro-Hanoverian Clan-heads to “clear” the Highlands of potential trouble-makers with vestigial Jacobite tendencies – the one to pre-empt future rebellions, and the other to profit from an increase in the production of wool.

Now, when the Highlands were cleared in the olden days, it was done in a brutal enough fashion – but it was done more honestly than the way it is being done today in the Pacific Northwest.

Back then, the gangs who worked for the Georgian Lords would arrive at dawn at the hamlets where the Crofters lived. They would pound on the doors and demand that everyone vacate the premises. Then they would set fire to the thatched roofs. Often, the croft-dwellers did not have sufficient time to remove all of their belongs before the torches were set to the thatch... Sometimes, the elderly did not move “in time” and they were burned up inside the dwellings. This happened more than once.

When the Laird of Sutherland, the Anglo-Norman “Viscount Trentham, Earl Gower, & Marquis of Stafford” cleared the Highlands in his domain, the peasants were removed to the Seacoast, where they were ‘encouraged’ to work in the nascent Kelp-farming industry. Ultimately, most of the “cleared” crofters emigrated to the New World &/or New Zealand or Australia.

Let me make one thing perfectly clear: The Highland Clearances of yesteryear were a prime example of Class War. Karl Marx himself wrote it up as such in his tome, “Das Kapital.” The “Highland Clearances” of the Present, in the Western States of Amerika are a continuation of the vicious policies that were practiced by the Anglo-Norman ‘nobility’ of yesteryear.

Today, in the Western United States, the Eviction Notices are not delivered with the same honesty and ceremony that obtained in the Scottish Highlands in times past. Today, you are lucky if you can escape the on-coming conflagration with your life.

Quite a few people perished in the Paradise Fire in 2018 and many others have been consumed in the swift-moving flames of the so-called “wild-fires” that have engulfed the West: in California, Oregon, Colorado, Idaho & Montana, this “fire-season”, 2020.

So, Who – or “What” might be responsible for these “controlled burns” way out West? As I previously wrote, here, enumerating the possibilities:

"In my own humble opinion – and judging from the parameters of the Four Ko-Ti’s of the higher Buddhist Logic, there are several factors which contribute to the volatility of the forests & high country in the Pacific Northwest, and the Western States. There are also several plausible explanations for the incidence of fires in these regions in recent years (Since the "Valley Fire" in Lake County in 2015).

Very definitely - and without a doubt - there is such a thing as “Global Warming” and “Climate Change.” Whatever one may think or say about Al Gore & his opportunism in the “Carbon Credits” Racket, his Movie, “An Inconvenient Truth” did document very succinctly, and very conclusively the evidence of the Glacial Ice melting, and the precipitous condition of the West Antarctic Ice Shelf, and the Greenland Ice Sheet.

The sitting POTUS, and his sycophants also have a point, regarding “bad forest management.” For years, the dead wood & underbrush have been allowed to build up in the forest preserves in the Western States, which has led to a horrific degree of volatility.

Any aficionado of the Red Path will also tell you that Native Americans would systematically burn the underbrush in the forests every ten years. This was the case with the Chumash in the Santa Barbara Mountains. Every ten years, they would bring their teepees & wigwams down to the beach, and set the underbrush on the mountains on fire, while they had a big luau on the beach.

So, it would have been expedient and good if the Departments of Forestry in California, Oregon & Washington had acted pro-actively to encourage & license small-time entrepreneurs to cut dead wood to sell for firewood during the past three decades. Moot point.

Two other factors have contributed to the volatility of the woods in recent years – And they are factors which will be discounted by some hard-core “climate change” believers. There is the phenomenon of Geoengineering and also the effects of Chemtrails on the forests.

Some aver that Sudden Oak Death syndrome is, in part a function of the residues of heavy metal particulates that are found in chemtrails, being absorbed by trees, making them far more flammable than they were by Nature, in times past…

Again, I am merely enumerating a list of possibilities.

One “theory” regarding the origin of the recent fires in the Pacific Northwest that has coexisted among right-wingers & Q-Cult folks along with the “theory” blaming ANTIFA, is the notion that the twelve thousand bolts of “dry lightning” that started as many fires in California on August 17 2020, were the “Wrath of God”.

This is what that problem child over at Natural News.com, “Health Ranger” Mike Adams, said. I will state – for the Record – that I am not at all inclined to believe this theory. I am merely including it as an item in this list.

The Department of Defense has slyly insinuated that the fires might be the devious work of China -OR- Russia. On September 16, 2020, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper confirmed that China & Russia possess and are using directed energy weapons (DEW) in space .

However, if either China or Russia were responsible for the huge number of fires this "Fire Season" in the Western United States, We (the so-called "United States") would already be at War with the guilty party. It would be after all, an act of War.

Ipso Ergo
, if the hand of Someone has been sending thunder & lightning from on high, then there exists the strong possibility that Donald Johann Drumpf is playing “god” ( Thor ) with his own high-tech DEW (Directed Energy Weapon) war toys in the fancy romper-room in the basement of the White House. One man who bravely asserts this to be the case, is Professor Rick Duarte, on his facebook page, WEATHER WARS INTERNATIONAL

There have been quite a number of eyewitness accounts - as well as cell-phone videos made - of the fires in California since 2017, the year that Boeing sold that special Jet with the cute blue nose-cone to the Air Force & the Pentagon.

So there you have it. Whatever small-time pikers from ANTIFA =OR= BLM =OR= “The Proud Boys” =OR= assorted freelance wacko pyromaniacs may have been doing (with or without remuneration from Soros) there is the strong possibility that the Government of the United States has been burning the rural freeholders out of their country lands in order to fulfill the dictates of UN_Agenda_21..."

For - no matter what liberals may believe about the intrinsic “niceness” or “progressiveness" of the United Nations, the truth about the UN is somewhat closer to what Lenin wrote about its fore runner, the League of Nations, when he called it a "British Imperialist den of thieves” =OR= to what G. Edward Griffin, the American conservative said about the UN in his book “The Fearful Master”…

The Super-Rich also stand to gain in the Clearances in the Present. For - as certain observers opined in the aftermath of the Paradise Fire in 2018 - it did seem as if a 'Land Grab' was in the works. -- Rich folks & their compradors & front-men coming in like sharks in order to gobble up contiguous parcels at fire sale prices, in order to enlarge their already baronial estates.

For my part, I am willing to state for the Record that I believe without a doubt, that the process of burning the landed middle class out of their rural habitats is a function of the Class War. As my old friend, Salmon Captain, and Mentor, Nat Bingham told me back during the Summer of 1979 :

"There's something I think I should tell you...The power elite have a Plan: in the Future, they want there to be only two Classes: "Alphas" (after Huxley's "Brave New World") and "Drones" (after the social structure of the Bee-hive). "You just watch… They intend to break the Middle Class until it no longer exists..."

Given what I experienced that night, and also since I have returned to survey the aftermath of the "fire" on my scorched homestead, I find it a very plausible liklihood that directed energy weapons are being used against the America people – though by whom, I can not say with any surety at this point.

--The POTUS? --The so-called “Deep State”? –The N.A.T.O. High Command? –“Special interests” {such as the Bilderberg Group} who very definitely own fleets of private satellites ??

I am not prepared to point the finger at any one of the plausible ‘likely suspects’...

Nevertheless, in my own humble opinion, and as an unlettered historian, this phase of late Amerikan History is a recapitulation of the Highland Clearances of yesteryear.

= With the significant difference that - unlike the Highland Clearances of yesteryear (during which the hireling thugs of the Hanoverian Lairds were very much in evidence) - in today's world there is the factor of "plausible deniability" =