I've just sent the following email to Hassan Rouhani:

Dear Supreme Leader:

My warmest greetings to you and your loved ones in Iran, which gave the world Zarathustra.

I urge you to release Nasrin Sotoudeh immediately and unconditionally, as she is a prisoner of conscience, jailed solely for her peaceful human rights work. Imprisoning someone with Covid amounts to a death sentence, and imprisoning her in crowded conditions inflicts a death sentence on many other prisoners. Pending her release, please ensure that she has regular contact with her family and a lawyer of her choosing. I urge you to stop criminalizing the work of women’s rights defenders, including those who peacefully protest against forced hijab, and abolish forced hijab laws.

Please also free enough other non-violent prisoners from Shahr-e Rey prison to house those remaining in three-fourths of the cells while the other quarter of the cells are completely overhauled to provide safe food and drinking water. This can be done four times, until the entire prison is fit for human habitation; holding people prisoner without the basic necessities of life constitutes torture.

To email him yourself, go to https://act.amnestyusa.org/page/4063...forwarded=true