Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Biden Wins!
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Biden Wins!

The American people have defeated fascism! Trump defeated!

Democracy, justice, and decency have prevailed!

Here is Beethoven's, "Ode to Joy."

Election called by The Young Turks News Network, below:

It’s Over! Joe Biden Wins!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    socoexpat

Re: Biden wins!!!

I wish I could share your optimism- but I don’t.

Let’s leave aside for the moment that Biden has not yet “won” , because it does seem likely.

Still- the legal fights and the recounts have only just begun. And the Electoral College vote is still 5 weeks away…

Regardless, this election was far from a repudiation of Trump, or an endorsement of the Democrats. Out of over 145 Million votes, Biden only leads by a little over 4 million. Here in CA Trump took a whopping 1/3 of the votes. Overall his take of both Latino and white women votes increased over 2016.

It seems likely McConnell and the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate. The “blue Wave” did NOT happen. And we will see Republicans attempt to take control of both houses of congress in just 2 years.

We have the federal courts…all the way up to the Supreme court, packed with conservatives.

We are looking at a winter of a 2nd wave of Coronavirus - and all the impacts, economic, social, and otherwise that that entails. We are looking at a massive coming wave of evictions. Of bankruptcies, of business failures.

We have a stock market that is completely irrational and out of touch with reality, and is headed for a major correction.

Then of course there’s climate change. Everything from LGBTQ rights, abortion, Obamacare, are all likely to see major setbacks in the courts. Religious “rights” will be expanded. International issues- Syria, China, Iran, Brexit…

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

Good points all, James. I agree with you 100%. Now the hard work continues and as you made clear, it's not going to be easy. We have to roll up our sleeves now and get to work rebuilding this divided nation and fixing all of the damage that has been done.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by socoexpat: View Post

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

Here is an old celebratory song that brings back some happy electoral memories:

8. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

9. TopTop #5
    podfish

it just means that the high-stakes elections keep rolling in. First, and really soon, the Georgian runoff elections, then in two years, midterms with the Senate at stake again. We better get used to staying engaged with politics the same way we stay engaged with eating and sleeping -- it's something you can avoid for a while, but not something you're going to get an extended break from.

10. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

11. TopTop #6
    Hotspring 44

Re:
    socoexpat, I agree... ...Also, add to that:

The first 1 minute and 8 or so seconds of the video is exactly what I think that a Biden presidency, and for that matter, the foolishness of the 'Party-Line' shtick, SOP, (Standard-Operating-Procedure), that the Establishment Wing of the Democrat Party force-feeds the rest of their constituents.

It's frustrating to have witnessed, for decades, the level of naivety of wishful thinking by the Establishment Wing of the Democrat Party, that the Radical-Right, (so-called), in the Republican Party would ever do a 50/50 kind of a deal. Simply put, they won't EVER do that! Don't they know what kind of republican leadership the Republican Party has had since Newt Gingrich?!

Democrats should come to realize it is a tooth and nail fight. They need to be more awakened and aware of the surroundings. Anyway, enough of my rambling-on, which, needs another thread of it's own.

12. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

13. TopTop #7
    Valley Oak

14. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

15. TopTop #8
    Hotspring 44

First, for memorabilia about the things that make it seem so stabilizing and 'good'...:

...(yet), There is the reality of the overemphasis on 'compromising', by the Democrats, in regards to the Republicans that have already declared, and, for decades, have been fighting. It's been an all-out political, 'war' on the democratic part of the "Democratic Republic". They have been chiseling away on it for decades!

I will explain a little what I mean:
    Short story is, many in the Democrat Party were too trusting and/ or connected to Wall Street, They voted for, and, President Bill Clinton signed, and "compromised" by signing into law things that caused real damage to people at the bottom rungs of society. Examples: 1- The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act (GLBA), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, Links- 106–102 (html) (pdf), which, repealed a provision of the Glass–Steagall Act.
    2- He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000, which deregulated trading of derivatives. The bill also included the "Enron loophole," which lessened regulation of energy trading by companies such as Enron.
    3- He also signed the Telecommunications Act of 1996, which represented the first major overhaul of the Communications Act of 1934.

Then there was Obama who was probably afraid of, but was definitely too dismissive of the ill intent of the warlike Republican Party. He did not do enough by way of appointments and executive orders/actions when he could have done so, when Democrats had the majority in the congress. Neither did Congress!

Face it, Republicans have proven time and time again that they are willing to do 'all it takes' that they can get away with to gain all power, and, Democrats of the establishment wing, are too fearful of loosing the next election than they need to be, whereas, the media has been used as a manipulative and mind altering tool that uses the psychology of fear and intimidation to manipulate... ...in 2011, as the article, "FCC finally kills off fairness doctrine": By BROOKS BOLIEK, 08/22/2011 03:22 PM EDT," explains.

Biden will be too busy to even look at this issue. Also, Congress will most likely be in gridlock for the next 2 years.

Then there is the time Trump has left to 'serve' in office and the enabling Republicans, (Tom Cotton, Josh Hawley, Ted Cruz, Nikki Haley, Marco Rubio, Mike Pompeo etc.), and other so-called 'middle-of-the-road" Republicans who will not impeach him no matter what he does. In other words, as an article titled "The Republicans Will Learn Nothing From a Trump Defeat" so succinctly tells.

It is going to be a major and very difficult struggle which may never end, certainly, not in my lifetime. There will be wrangling of power structures in both sections of congress.

If Biden, like other so-called "Centrist" Democrats do not politically arm themselves to the teeth, we will be experiencing another successful, continuous, obstructionism scheme from Republican Congress for the whole Biden/Harris term, and also face the all too real possibility of another Trump or Trump-like person being elected in 2024.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post

16. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

17. TopTop #9
    Valley Oak

DW News, Nov 8, 2020

The world reacts to Joe Biden's victory over Donald Trump

18. Gratitude expressed by:

19. TopTop #10
    Hotspring 44

This I will also point out... ..."Facism in USA is far from over", as Dogenzip so describes in the posting, in the "National & International Politics" category.

https://www.waccobb.net/forums/showt...by-Umair-Haque

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hotspring 44: View Post

20. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

21. TopTop #11
    Mayacaman

"New World Order" = "New Age" Global Fascism

(vintage anti-war tract : January, 1991)

The difference between Trump & Biden is
    the difference between Nationalist Fascism
    & the Globo-Fascism of the Davos Elite//:

Davos Elite, World Economic Forum

22. Gratitude expressed by:

23. TopTop #12
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Be sure to see this post:

When the World Seems Like One Big Conspiracy

(if you wish to comment on the above link, please post your comment in that thread)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post

24. Gratitude expressed by:

25. TopTop #13
    Mayacaman

F*Y*I

For your information, Barry Chertov, the anti-war missive that I drafted on the night of January 15, 1991 - the one that I cited above, and that you refer to - is not a product of "conspiracy theory". Instead, it is a pure expression of "systems analysis", the school favored by the Chompskyites, M.I.T., & the C.I.A - among others...

FYI, I published five thousand copies of that anti-war missive during the six weeks of the First Gulf War, at the cost of roughly forty dollars a thousand, if I recall. It was samisdat-ed all around the world. It was the first time that many had heard of the Bank for International Settlements - the first World Bank, which deals in Gold Reserve balances between nations,
    was founded in 1930, and which functioned all during World War II with a Nazi Banker on the Board of Directors. The B.I.S. is located in Basel Switzerland. This is not a "conspiracy theory." It is a fact.

FYI, a graduate student in Political Science at Cal, Berkeley -whose name I can not produce because all of my archives were turned into ashes on the night of September 27, 2020- obtained a copy of that Anti-War tract from a certain John Van, who in the 1990's used to table on Telegraph Avenue, and sell Anti-War literature & radical regalia.

This grad student in Political Science, in turn, made many copies of that missive of mine, and personally gave one to every professor at the University of California at Berkeley. Fact. I am not making this up. Later, after he had heard the feedback from all of those professors, Barry Chertov, he notified me because he wanted to meet the one who had produced that missive. When we met, he recorded the interview.

He informed me that all of the professors at Cal were amazed that the whole schema of the world financial apparatus could be encapsulated on the two sides of a single sheet of *8 1/2"*x *11" *foolscap. They were further amazed that the one who had been able to produce that summary was not a lettered academic, but a mere carpenter / woodworker and musical instrument maker. Again, I am not making this up. It is a true story. It happened.

You, Barry Chertov, are a bigot and an ideologue who have been taken captive by an idiot ideology. You have become a reactionary and do not even know it. Ha ha. But the insight that the late Wilson Ogg of Berkeley gave me in the early '90's still holds water. To wit: the so-called & self-styled "New Left" have become reactionaries without even realizing it.

I produced that tract in 1991. Since then, several of the Prime Banks in Amerika have merged. This is in accordance with Lenin's insight in his classic tome of 1916, Imperialism the Highest Stage of Capitalism : On account of the inevitable process of Corporations merging, eventually there will be just One Big Corporation...
    Hey, it happened in the Soviet Union, too...

The Other Side:

ECONOMIC FACT-SHEET

Quote Barry Chertov posted:

When the World Seems Like One Big Conspiracy

(if you wish to comment on the above link, please post your comment in that thread)
    Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman:

26. Gratitude expressed by:

27. TopTop #14
    pamelaL

wow....Mayacaman...I had to wonder what point you were endeavoring to make using Barry's whole name five times in your missive. For me, that gave your writing a zealous tone that made it hard for me to get a sense you were rational. What you wrote came across to me as reactionary and "holier than thou." I did not follow up on your links, but may return to a couple. One thing I do feel is that something is terribly wrong in this world, corruption in high places etc.. and kindness is important.......

28. Gratitude expressed by 8 members:

29. TopTop #15
    Shandi

Sometimes it's hard to be kind in the face of ridicule and labeling. It would be difficult for me, and my response would come from my honest feelings of being invalidated. I've witnessed this scenario many times over the years, with other members who's voice wasn't popular with the powers that be. Of course, it's up to the judge to maintain order, even though it may also be perceived as unkind, or unfair.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pamelaL: View Post

30. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

31. TopTop #16
    Valley Oak

Are you a victim, then, Shandi?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post

32. TopTop #17
    Mayacaman

I'm just tired of being the designated field negro of Barry Chertov. Everything that I post receives the same exact response from Mr. Chertov; a missive that looks like this:

Your post, Re: The Song of Moses, has been marked as Exclude Post from Digest on WaccoBB.

You can see your post here: View on WaccoBB

This could be for a number of reasons:

1) Excessively long quote of the post you are replying to. Please edit your post to only quote the most relevant section.

2) Excessively long reposted article. Please only post the first few paragraphs or the most relevant section of the article. Please include a link to full artilce.

3) Formatting issues, including pasting in a formatted email. This is often difficult to fix. I suggest you remove all your post content and replace with a short explanation about the purpose of your post and then include an email to the website or the link in the email to view email on the web.

Other formatting issues include embedded HTML or images that are making the post too wide.

If your post is part of an existing thread (with other replies), your post has already been sent to all users who have posted or expressed gratitude to any post on the thread.

You are welcome to leave the post as is. It will remain on the website but not be included in our daily digest email. If you chose to fix it, please edit your post ASAP to correct the above issues and reply to this email to let me know you have fixed it.

You are welcome to reply with any other questions or comments.

Barry

After a while, It gets old. My point in posting on this thread was to point out that there are other forms of Fascism besides the old school Fascism of Mussolini, Hitler, Franco, & Peron. -Which Trump may or may not be an example of. He very definitely is/was a very bad president & a bogus "populist" from the mold of old Joseph McCarthy.

I think it is fair and appropriate to speak out and point to the existence of the "Universal Fascism" that is favored by the Davos Elite.

But you folks would rather not look at the facts concerning what the men of the World Economic Forum have up their sleeves. To even post on that topic here on WaccoBb, is to be written off by Mr. Chertov as a "conspiracy theorist." You'd rather sing "Ding Dong the Wicked Witch is Dead" because Biden won, and pretend that the Election of 2020 signaled the "Defeat of Fascism".

Well, Dream on. I'm not going to defend myself. I stand by my words: Barry Chertov is a bigot. If he chooses to "ban" me, for stating this {fairly obvious fact} he may. I have been the subject & object of internet piranha fish before this.

As I see it, the conceptual problem {that you all seem to have} still turns on the issue of Binary Thinking. To wit: if Nationalism is Bad then, ipso ergo, Internationalism must be Good. Granted, there is a potentially very positive form of Internationalism: a World that has evolved beyond National chauvinism, and war-making...

But the Davos Elite - the Billionaires of the World Economic Forum - the men who are pulling Biden's strings, represent another form of "Internationalism" of a distinctly Fascistic bent. Don't say I didn't warn you.

33. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

34. TopTop #18
    OurFreeSociety

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. I'm either too busy, sick or have almost given up on trying to wake the walking dead UP.

If people (like your Barry) want to continue to be brain dead, there's nothing you nor I can do about it.

I'm still not sure if it's the poisons that the evils have forced upon us for decades (over a hundred really) that is the issue or people just aren't strong enough to see the truth so they would rather bury their head in the sand & claim all is fine with the world even though we are in a war.

I think it's a combination of both & again, why are people so weak?

Is it b/c of the poisons, or their inner character?

I finally remembered to upload this video about the proof that the evils have been turning men into women & it's quite obvious that if they were poisoning men with that chamical, that we are ALL poisoned by the tons of OTHER chemicals, plus their GMO, glyphosate, their chemtrails, & the list goes on.

https://youtu.be/q8_GxmXow68

I just found out from a nurse (she wrote the post 3 years ago) that the evils are intentionally poisoning us with mold.

I learned about mold back in 2009 when I was first poisoned with it (or so I thought), then I forgot about it & revisited the topic in 2015 and I realized that I've had mold issues for years. Probably since I was a child even.

Most people are poisoned by mold & while I knew the EMFs were making mold more prevalent, I didn't realize the evils were intentionally inserting it into everything we breath, consume, etc. I do know that almost 100% of the corn in the US is full of mold, but it's GMO, so that begs the question, was their GMO created to produce mold in the vegetable?

I wish she had more proof of that, but since I know the evils well, this doesn't surprise me in the least.

And what does mold do? It harms your brain & makes you sick. Here's a list.
    https://wedeservehealth.com/mold-toxicity/brain-issues-mold/

Anyway, my point is, most people are brain dead. They don't want to learn the truth, nor do they want to save the world, let alone themselves or their family.

They just want to continue reading their mainstream news that is controlled by the evils (MSM) & pretend like nothing is happening.

These people disgust me to no end, b/c if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be in this situation.

But that's exactly WHY the evils call the 99% the walking dead, b/c they know how stupid they are, & how they are literally dead even if they are still breathing & walking around.

I know you want me to call them wicked, but that's too melodramatic a word for me to use, & I feel it won't be taken as seriously as the evils.

I could call them the 1%, but that makes it seem like this issue is all about money & it's not, although I am reading a book now that proves that the evils couldn't have done what they did without amassing the fortune they did, so there's that.

In fact, the book (parts seem inaccurate) seems to make some sense to me even though the author was a die hard christian. He wrote it years ago.

I get those same e-mails from this site.

I really don't care if people see what I write & if he's CO or just a spiteful person.

If it's meant to be, it will happen, if it's not, it won't.

I hope you are okay & still have a roof over your head.

Btw, I still have to finish this 911 video. I stopped it when I got to the point where they PROVED that the buildings went down due to a laser weapon. That was news to me as I always thought it was explosives.

But this idea makes total sense to me as we already know they use that weapon to start all the fires & other things that they do to kill & harm us, so of course they would have had it back in 2001.

Later

35. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

36. TopTop #19
    Shandi

I, like most others am a victim of some things such as injustice by those who have a certain amount of power over me, from a lost childhood to manipulation by unscrupulous unkind, unaware adult peers. Even though I
    don't think of myself as a victim, if I look deeply I must admit I am a victim of my ancestry, my culture, my gender, my religion, my experiences and lastly, my life choices which have brought me to this place in time.

All my life I've been compelled to speak up for those who have no voice, and even those who do, who are disregarded and disempowered by those in a position to do so. I've spoken for the mentally, physically and emotionally ill. I've stood up to teachers, doctors, therapists and veterinarians for the ways they've inflicted their power on the most vulnerable in our society. I know that I've made a small difference in those lives.

I will continue to do that, even though it's in a much more limited way now. The best I can do at this point is to let people know, with a simple keystroke, that I think and feel with them. I appreciate the frontrunners and the whistleblowers for their time and effort into the things that affect us all on a large scale. The best way for me to support their work is to share it so that more eyes can see, and maybe more hearts can be opened.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post

37. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

38. TopTop #20
    OurFreeSociety

You may already know all of this, so excuse me if you do.

Thank you for all your help towards people who haven't been able to help themselves.

This whole "victim" thing is a discussion I won't get into right now, but I can't stand it when people tell me NOT to be a victim if I'm up against a brick wall.

We need to have compassion towards people who are abused & so many people have no compassion or empathy. I believe that's also due to the poisons & all the psychological warfare b/c babies are born naturally compassionate.

We are ALL victims of these evils, & the sooner people understand that, the faster we can move forward & take them down.

But that requires an open mind, the willingness to say "I was wrong" or "I've been played" & "the world isn't what I thought it was."

I really feel sorry for people who are just opening their eyes to the truth.

When I started learning the truth 5 years ago I had to take a break b/c what I learned hurt me to my core.

I took off learning for a few months & then got the strength to go back to studying, but people now do not have that luxury b/c there is no time.

The evils have been planning this one specific agenda for min. 70 years (that's how long they planned 911 which was the precursor to this scam that is playing out now) & they are moving ahead like clockwork.

In the beginning back in March, almost every day something new came out that kept us locked in as slaves & we didn't know how to stop it.

The bottom line, is that this is a horrific war against humanity & our Mother Earth. We've always been in a war, but it's never been more obvious. Like I always say, war isn't just tanks, guns & bombs.

This isn't about one person being wronged, this is about ALL of us being taken OUT.

My heart goes out to you for all of the pain you've been though.

We are in this together & we need to help one another.

That's why the evils pit us against one another, so we are divided instead of working together as a team. That's why they staged the George Floyd false flag.

Hugs

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post

39. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

40. TopTop #21
    podfish

Everything that I post receives the same exact response from Mr. Chertov ....
    As I see it, the conceptual problem {that you all seem to have} still turns on the issue of Binary Thinking. To wit: if Nationalism is Bad then, ipso ergo, Internationalism must be Good.
    his explanation seems clear enough. You could always make a short post, short enough for the digest, promoting the longer one on the main thread. Or even post the long stuff on a website and just put a link here.

but to address a key observation you make about "us all" - I strongly disagree, I think that's quite a leap on your part. For the most part, I think the pushback you get on some of your posts is based on things you think are simple facts, when I and I think some others see them as an oversimplification of complex systems. I'll even turn the "binary thinking" around to your post: I don't think there's a definable thing called "Nationalism" that's got an opposite thing called "Internationalism". They are somewhat artificial constructs that make assigning binary positions to ideas and people easier. Of course there's a "Davos elite" whose ideas influence Biden. I don't get to go there, I'm not one of them. That's an easy way to identify who's DE and who's not. But the idea that the DE is an organized cabal who pulls Biden's puppet strings is by definition a conspiracy theory.

41. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

42. TopTop #22
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    Okay, Granted. Peter / podfish, I will readily confess to having painted with too broad a brush when I wrote the words “that you all seem to have.”

But the issue of "Binary thinking" is a one of the major problems with mankind these days. It looms large on the list of the various dysfunctions that plague earthlings & it extends (believe it or not) even into the hallowed ground of the West County.

Quote “I don't think there's a definable thing called "Nationalism" that's got an opposite thing called "Internationalism".

The power elite do not exactly expect a high degree of political sophistication from the plebes. They (the plutes) like to keep things simple. [K.I.S.S.] Those two terms – and the way in which they are subliminally counter-posed as “opposites” - is an oversimplification of a number of complex issues.

Quote They are somewhat artificial constructs that make assigning binary positions to ideas and people easier.

Yet there is no way that one can negate the reality that those terms remain terribly important to many people
    - even to the academics who stage-manage the great game. Those terms: >Nationalism vs. Internationalism< are universally used to describe & define the political dialog. I have made the case that there is another, positive form of "Internationalism" - the Ideal of a world beyond national chauvinism, racism, & war-mongering.

Subtle point I’d like to drive home: I have said before in this forum that Trump was being used by the power elite – and that they were playing three-dimensional chess against his street-wise Brooklyn version of the game.

I will re-iterate that Trump has been used as a foil in order to implement the long-term goal of an “end-run around national sovereignty”. -And we may assume he will be discarded once he has fulfilled his ‘function' – which may yet include igniting a Civil War because he refuses to back down & relinquish his presidential podium.

Quote Of course there's a "Davos elite" whose ideas influence Biden. I don't get to go there, I'm not one of them. That's an easy way to identify who's DE and who's not.

It is fair to say that no one who posts in this forum is "one of them" podfish. –But there are “useful idiots” among us.

Quote …the idea that the DE is an organized cabal who pulls Biden's puppet strings is by definition a conspiracy theory.

Well. This is a verbal construct that I must say I disagree with – strenuously. In the first place,
    the Men of the World Economic Forum are by definition not a Cabal; they are, quite simply, a "Class". By way of distinction, a “Cabal” is a very small group: The original "CABAL" consisted of five people - the Cabinet ministers in the 1673 Cabinet of the English King, Charles II. They were : Clifford, Arlington, Buckingham, Ashley, Lauderdale – hence the five letters, C-A-B-A-L.

What the World Economic Forum Is, is a sort of Union of the World’s Billionaires. There are over two thousand of them. The inner core of the power elite - roughly one hundred thirty men - is known as the "Bilderberg Group." See the symmetry in that: there are wheels within wheels. And you are quite mistaken when you infer -Or if you believe- that they are not organized. They are far better Organized than any Union of mere service workers.

U
    nlike J.F.K. - who chafed against the directions he was given - Joe Biden, like Bill Clinton & Barack Obama before him, is content simply to be a pliable Yes-man in exchange for the thrill of being president–for-a-while.

43. TopTop #23
    Shandi

Thank you for your wisdom, understanding, and compassion.

I hope that you continue to post, along with others who dare to tell the truth as they perceive it, and that kindred spirits will become more aware because of it.

AWARENESS & ACTION is our only hope~

Quote Posted in reply to the post by OurFreeSociety: View Post

44. Gratitude expressed by:

45. TopTop #24
    M/M

On this day for giving Thanks.. and in gratitude for this community, I wanted to respond to the idea of 'victim' in this thread. Despite horrific things happening to us - whether individually or collectively, 'victim' does not have to be our permanent 'identity'... Nor is it a simple walk in the park to grow into a wider deeper sense of Self.

Ego was meant to be a helper/navigator for our time/space journey, yet has become captain in the consciousness of many. It can and does obstruct our knowing that we are all joined and what affects one truly affects all. There are many fine teachers we are lucky to have among us to show us how healing can be done. They are from many traditions (religious, spiritual, secular) and no traditions and include: Eckhart Tolle, Pema Chodron, Rupert Spira, Byron Katie, Nelson Mandela, Dalai Lama, Gandhi, Erich Fromm, Viktor Frankl, Reinhold Niebuhr, and so many others... who know deeply of suffering (individual and/or collective) and allowed it to become a vehicle for their awakening.

Perhaps Kahlil Gibran said it best -- in terms of the pain we each experience via others' unconsciousness:

Quote And a woman spoke, saying, Tell us of Pain.
    And he said:
    Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.
    Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.
    And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy;
    And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields.
    And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.

Much of your pain is self-chosen.
    It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.
    Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility:
    For his hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen,
    And the cup he brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with His own sacred tears.

From The Prophet (Knopf, 1923).

46. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

47. TopTop #25
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pamelaL: View Post
    Quote Pamela L wrote:
    wow....Mayacaman...I had to wonder what point you were endeavoring to make using Barry's whole name five times in your missive. For me, that gave your writing a zealous tone that made it hard for me to get a sense you were rational. What you wrote came across to me as reactionary and "holier than thou." I did not follow up on your links, but may return to a couple. One thing I do feel is that something is terribly wrong in this world, corruption in high places etc.. and kindness is important.......
    Pamela, I took heed to your admonition and cut two of the "Barry Chertov's" from my screed. But do you understand the difference between "anger" & "irrationality"? My anger towards the moderator of this website is quite legitimate. **It is the fruit of a long chain of abuse.

In point of fact, I am not able to post very much in this, "his" forum without it being either mocked, moved to the "conspiracy theory" ghetto of the Ninth Ward =OR= receiving the missive from Barry that it is being marginalized & "Excluded from the Digest." I get the exact same missive (example, quoted verbatim, above) whether I post Prose =OR= Poetry.

In point of fact, I have been "niggerized" by Barry Chertov. No, I am not a racist. To "niggerize" is a legitimate word [describing bad behavior] in the American dialect of the English language. Also, I received permission from my old friend Lumukanda (a member of the brain trust of the original, Oakland Chapter of the Black Panther Party) to speak of myself as an "old Field Negro". Truth be told, we are All just "old field Negros" to the Masters who run the Global Plantation.

I confess, I am a bit raw these days on account of being burned out of my house and home on the night of September 27, 2020. Not only did I lose everything that I had with the exception of twelve banjos and my cat; I nearly was burned to death. If you prefer to think of me as "irrational" rather than "recovering" from a serious trauma, that is up to you.

Besides that, I would suggest that you open the links and read what is on the other side of them. They are my footnotes. I always provide footnotes.

I published five thousand copies of that anti-war missive during the six weeks of the First Gulf War, at the cost of roughly forty dollars a thousand. It was samisdat-ed all around the World. It was the first time that many had heard of the Bank for International Settlements - the first World Bank, which deals in Gold Reserve balances between nations, was founded in 1930, and which functioned all during World War II with a Nazi Banker on the Board of Directors. The B.I.S. is located in Basel Switzerland. This is not a "conspiracy theory." It is a fact.

A graduate student in Political Science at Cal, Berkeley -whose name I can not produce because all of my archives were turned into ashes on the night of September 27, 2020- obtained a copy of that Anti-War tract from a certain John Van, who in the 1990's used to table on Telegraph Avenue, and sell Anti-War literature & radical regalia.

This grad student in Political Science, in turn, made many copies of that missive of mine, and personally gave one to every professor at the University of California at Berkeley. Fact. I am not making this up. Later, after he had heard the feedback from all of those professors, he notified me because he wanted to meet the one who had produced that missive. When we met, he recorded the interview.

He informed me that all of the professors at Cal were amazed that the whole schema of the world financial apparatus could be encapsulated on the two sides of a single sheet of *8 1/2"*x *11" *foolscap. They were further amazed that the one who had been able to produce that summary was not a lettered academic, but a mere carpenter / woodworker and musical instrument maker. Again, I am not making this up. It is a true story. It happened.

Sincerely,

Mark Walter Evans

48. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

49. TopTop #26
    M/M

Mayacaman, I am so sorry about your daunting losses and that you barely escaped with your life. I, for one, am glad you are still on the planet... You are raw and tender.... and who wouldn't be after such an uprooting.

I would say a few things: Your worth is not dependent on anyone - or everyone's - acknowledging it. I wish you didn't take Barry's editing as a personal attack (Four Agreements) and, then, attack him back. Though after your explaining about his interviewing you etc - I can see better how it might feel like editing is personal. There is much of the prophet in you... more seeing, less harangue is good... whether or not we get your message, some do. I do, though I ignore repeated messages. AND.....

Quote A Blessing For the New Year

Beannacht
    For Josie

On the day when
    The weight deadens
    On your shoulders
    And you stumble,
    May the clay dance
    To balance you.

And when your eyes
    Freeze behind
    The grey window
    And the ghost of loss
    Gets into you,
    May a flock of colours,
    Indigo, red, green
    And azure blue,
    Come to awaken in you
    A meadow of delight.

When the canvas frays
    In the currach of thought
    And a stain of ocean
    Blackens beneath you,
    May there come across the waters
    A path of yellow moonlight
    To bring you safely home.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
    May the clarity of light be yours,
    May the fluency of the ocean be yours,
    May the protection of the ancestors be yours.

And so may a slow
    Wind work these words
    Of love around you,
    An invisible cloak
    To mind your life.

~ from To Bless the Space Between Us, A Book of Blessings
    by John O'Donohue
    Last edited by Barry; 11-27-2020 at 12:11 PM.

50. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

51. TopTop #27
    wisewomn

Re The Prophet quote:
    Exceedingly worthy quote, M/M. Thanks for posting it.
    I find it helpful to accompany it with this one from Stephen Levine:
    "The greatest obstacle to our spiritual growth is our unwillingness to let go of our suffering."
    Amen to that.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by M/M: View Post

52. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

53. TopTop #28
    Shandi

Thank you for this reminder from Kahlil Gibran. He remains one of my favorites!

54. TopTop #29
    Shandi

A very conscious and loving response. A great example for all of us.

55. TopTop #30
    Valley Oak

The Young Turks, Nov 29, 2020

Fox Host: "Trump Needs To Admit He Lost"

56. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: