Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Star Man

The Texas Taliban

Have you noticed how the Texas Taliban is growing in numbers and violence as evidenced by attempting to force a Biden bus off the road? The Texas Taliban is no different than the Afghanistan Taliban. They both hate women. They both resort to violence. Both are driven by extreme unconscious motivations that they are incapable of examining and unwilling to question. Trump is the great Mullah inciting others to violence.

Star Man
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Star Man

Re: The Texas Taliban

Trumpism is a cancer on America’s body politic. The Texas Taliban is a metastasis. Trumpers have a right to their beliefs, but they do not have a right to behaviors like endangering lives by threatening a bus or blocking streets or interfering with poll workers. We would not ask about the feelings of cancer cells. We know their feelings: I hate you and intend to kill you. The cancer must be eradicated. If it is not eradicated it will soon reach a vital social organ and then the host dies. When police fail to arrest people who mob buses or threaten voters or vote counters, they are enabling the cancer.

Star Man

4. TopTop #3
    Star Man

I commit, if asked, to travel to Washington DC to smudge the White House with white sage. I will drum and sing sacred songs. I will call down and send up prayers for a great purification of our house from all the negativity and darkness that has accumulated there for more than two centuries. Star Man

5. TopTop #4
    Hotspring 44

More proof here,... ...use the audio link in the KZYX NPR page:
    "Many Texans Who Voted For Trump Are Not In A Conciliatory Mood"

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Star Man: View Post

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    Hotspring 44

I was emailed to from Barry. He informed me that there was an error in my previous reply on this thread, (HTML error of some sort, I believe), which caused it to error the link in the posting, which made it so the link to the audio would not go through into the waccobb emailer. Therefore, I have posted this to at least remediate that situation.

This is not intended as a re-post, but as a correction with the link for the emailer to function without editing out the the working link in my previous posting. If you already went to the link from my previous posting on this thread, the link just goes to the same web page that has both audio link and transcript.

Below is the website page link:

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hotspring 44: View Post

8. TopTop #6
    Star Man

What the Republicans are doing when they attempt to destroy our democracy is exactly like what some husbands do when their marriage sours and the wife consults an attorney: The Republicans are murdering the children, in this case democracy is the child being murdered. The Republican obstructionists are preparing to destroy every single benefit, every single decency that democracy has given us. Destroy the vote! Destroy the USPS! Destroy health care! Destroy ACA! Destroy Medicare! The Republicans are murdering democracy in its bed. Mitch McConnell is a murderer. He murdered SCOTUS by blocking Merrick Garland's nomination. He murdered again with Kavanaugh and Barrett. Democracy is really only an adolescent. It looks to the supposed adults and finds that the adults--the people who should be parenting them--are aiming a pistol at democracy's head. Star Man