Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

My Response to Tonight's Debate (9/29/20)

To Biden for President headquarters:
    Suggestions for Debates

Have the debate presenter set up the debate stage such that the moderator presses a button and turns on the speaker's mic for 2 minutes for the beginning of each question and for 1 minute for each response. Tonight it was nearly impossible to tell what each candidate was saying.

Ask the presenter to make immigration one of the subjects, so you can point out that Trump is committing crimes against humanity. E.g., hundreds of children have been traumatized to a degree that will undercut the way their whole lives can be lived, and at the last report I've seen, the 6-month-old nursing baby who was pulled from his mother's breast was two years old and couldn't speak or use the toilet and had never smiled nor laughed, so is unlikely ever to have a real life. Tell us how you will deal with the child refugee camps. Also, refugee women are being given hysterectomies without their knowledge; please tell us how you will handle both of these sets of crimes against humanity.

I've never before seen such badly garbled captions, often forming sentences that were more humorous than informative. Can you find a better captioning system (or a court stenographer) for the other two debates?

Would it be possible for each candidate to give a fact-checker a list of statements he knows he'll make, so that when the statement is made, "True" or "False" can appear on the screen? Otherwise, could a fact-checker so label as many of the statements as can be processed during the debates?
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    OldGranddad

Re: My Response to Tonight's Debate (9/29/20)

"Have the debate presenter set up the debate stage such that the moderator presses a button and turns on the speaker's mic for 2 minutes for the beginning of each question and for 1 minute for each response. Tonight it was nearly impossible to tell what each candidate was saying."

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Moon: View Post

Your idea, while good, doesn't go far enough. Each candidate should be placed in a soundproof glass enclosure so that, when their mike is off, they cannot be heard. Of course, trump would never agree to that since he is probably incapable of delivering a coherent uninterrupted speech.

The debacle last night left me even more embarrassed to be a citizen of this country.

Old Granddad

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

Re: My Response to Tonight's Debate (9/29/20)

David Pakman Show, Sep 30, 2020

Trump Ruins 1st Debate, Global Laughingstock

They don't remember any debate turning into as much of a circus as what we saw last night. Review and analysis of the first 2020 Presidential debate, which was turned into a global laughingstock as Donald Trump would not stop interrupting Joe Biden.

1st Presidential Debate: Donald Trump vs Joe Biden https://youtu.be/BGuXmfN6Jnc