Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: CBD oil
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    jimmiles

CBD oil

Who has experience to use cbd flowers or oil? Is it really work? My friends advise buy CBD in https://berkshirecbd.com/
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Star Man

Re: CBD oil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by jimmiles: View Post
    I'll share my horrible experience. I had read that CBD was effective in relieving depression. I bought some capsules. I started with a small dose. Observed no effect. I upped the dose; still no effect. I increased the dose again--a knowledgeable person said I was taking a very light dose--and had the worst experience of my life. I rolled over to get out of bed and felt like we were having a 9.0 earthquake. We weren't. I felt like I was rolling over and over. I had to seize the mattress for five minutes to stop the rolling. I never took CBDs again. Ugh. Star Man

3. TopTop #3
    KittyW

There are many different forms and suppliers of CBD. Some are horrendously toxic and/or ineffective. Some are AMAZING for pain, sleep, stress, anxiety, cellular health, and support the health of every system in your body.... and more. It depends on the quality of the product and the integrity of the supplier.

The cannabis plant is an extremely complex medicinal herb, with many bioactive compounds in different combinations depending on the cultivar, chemotype, soil, growing conditions and more. Each plant is a unique expression of the miracle of Nature's intelligence.

Plus there are many processes for extracting CBD - some very clean, some quite toxic.

We humans -- and almost all animals, and ALL mammals, have an endocannabinoid system (ECS) which is the master regulator of all organ systems in our bodies. Good quality CBD can act as a "vitamin" for our ECS and provide many benefits for things that are out of balance.

Perhaps the person who had a bad experience got a low quality product - or even a fraudulent one. The boom in the CBD market has brought out many bad players and scams. There are also companies making CBD with very high integrity and very high quality, effective products. You have to do your homework to find good ones.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Star Man: View Post

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #4
    Star Man

Quote Posted in reply to the post by KittyW: View Post
    The CBD oil I took came from Highland Labs, which is a reputable provider. I am well aware of our body's endocannabinoid system. One key component of the system is anandamide which is believe to be involved in forgetting useless or unimportant information. The cannabinoid receptors are located throughout the human body including the brain. THC binds to these receptors. Perhaps my brain is uniquely sensitive. All I know is that I will never take CBDs again. After almost 30 years of smoking pot, I also know I am done. For some people pot is highly addictive. For those people--I am one--I recommend Marijuana Anonymous. Star Man

6. TopTop #5
    karenm97

I had a few thoughts when I saw this post:

1. the Original Poster (OP) is new, says little about themselves (themself?), and includes a link to a product website

2. why do so many CBD companies sell cannabis flower that has the names of strains of cannabis that have THC in them? How do they breed or take that out? and if it says OG Kush, shouldn't it be like OGNameofHempStrain to reflect that cross?

3. I saw that the product that the OP linked to had test results. That's good, but you also want to see that 1. they test for pesticide residues, mold, etc. and 2. they post separate test results for each batch

4. If it's an extract such as a tincture, you want them to say that it is a Full-Spectrum product. Then it has all of its other cannabinoids intact since there is an entourage effect and whatnot. Those plant cannabinoids seem to have been naturally made to work together.

5. I noticed this week that a local cannabis dispensary was starting to advertise its own hemp cbd line. Those companies could be more trustworthy than random websites because they have experience doing business within the legal/regulated framework. As I understand it, they can't sell the hemp products on their CA business license, so it would probably be shipped from out of state(?). Still check for the test results and the term full-spectrum.

6. You need to wait HOURS before increasing your dose. Maybe only increase once and then try again the next day to compare results

Quote Posted in reply to the post by KittyW: View Post

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #6
    karenm97

one more thing- tinctures are made with various liquids - read the label. Some examples are olive oil, alchohol, coconut oil, MCT oil (some weird coconut extract that can upset folks' stomachs).

Quote Posted in reply to the post by karenm97: View Post

9. TopTop #7
    Thad

I remember my first time with LSD (Orange Sunshine) I took a quarter of it, waited, nothing much, took another quarter, still nothing, so took a whole one. OH MY, it was a wild ride

Quote Posted in reply to the post by karenm97: View Post
    ...6) You need to wait HOURS before increasing your dose. Maybe only increase once and then try again the next day to compare results
    Last edited by Barry; 10-11-2020 at 12:59 PM.

10. Gratitude expressed by: