Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    arthunter

Oregon Fires and Arson

I'm sorry but to blame these fires on climate change is overlooking a very serious, life threatening problem ...

https://oregoncatalyst.com/48185-100...ONX2vi_uD2W7i4

https://thatoregonlife.com/2020/09/a...ONX2vi_uD2W7i4

https://www.king5.com/article/news/c...ONX2vi_uD2W7i4

https://www.rt.com/usa/500696-oregon...-arrest-fires/

https://www.yourcentralvalley.com/ne...ONX2vi_uD2W7i4

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...ONX2vi_uD2W7i4

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...ONX2vi_uD2W7i4

Need I go on? because there's plenty more of this ...

and I'm sorry, but because of my non-partisan position, I can see that the Democrats are being discredited over this ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX5t...ONX2vi_uD2W7i4

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    jesswolfe

Re: Oregon Fires and Arson

Posting blatant, debunked conspiracy theories to say that climate change isn't real is really not ok. The stories about arson being the reason for the wildfires has been thoroughly debunked. And posting an RT article? Russian propaganda? I'm sorry. You may think it's not partisan, but it certainly is. I get it. Climate change feels very scary. But denying reality won't make it better. Please do your research from valid sources. There are a lot of article out there about RT spewing Russian propaganda, for example.

https://apnews.com/d294693de30f859f6c028122fd99bf11
    Officials battle online misinformation along with wildfires

SEATTLE (AP) — Emergency responders in the Pacific Northwest are fighting misinformation along with raging wildfires as people spread unsubstantiated social media posts blaming coordinated groups of arsonists from both the far left and far right for setting the blazes.
    The FBI said Friday that it’s investigated several claims and found them to be untrue, while officials in Oregon and Washington state have turned to Facebook to knock down the competing narratives — some posts blamed far-left antifa activists and others claimed the far-right group the Proud Boys was responsible for the fires scorching wide swaths of the region.
    “I am physically and emotionally exhausted. We’ve been working really hard to protect people’s lives and homes,” firefighter Matt Lowery wrote Thursday night on the Facebook page for the East Pierce Fire & Rescue union south of Seattle. “I also want to address an issue that keeps coming up, even from some of the public that we are talking to while working. It is hot, dry, and fire spreads quickly in those conditions. There is nothing to show its Antifa or Proud Boys setting fires. Wait for information.”
    Last edited by Barry; 09-17-2020 at 01:07 PM.

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3
    sealwatcher
    Supporting member

How about a summary of the main points, instead of just a series of links which others may or may not have time or desire to investigate? Or just setting out your own position without the links?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    Last edited by Barry; 09-17-2020 at 01:07 PM.

5. TopTop #4
    arthunter

First of all, there is no way to debunk actual arrests ... here do your own research....

https://tinyurl.com/yxrfrz2f

And this is not a debate about climate change, ... been there, done that ...

Let me explain something, ... when the Tubbs fire happened I volunteered for animal rescue ... It was my job to contribute to databases which were being created online in hopes of reuniting lost pets ... the categories were as follows; reported lost, reported found, reported sighted, reported injured, reported hospitalized, reported dead. So I was right in the thick of the horror. In addition to this, my own house burnt down. The source of the fire was never found.

If we have arsonists on the West coast then I want to know about it ... calling it all "climate change" is not protecting the citizens ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sealwatcher: View Post

6. TopTop #5
    jesswolfe

Do arsonists cause fires? Of course they do. But to attribute all of the fires to arson is not credible. We’ve had arsonists here contributing to the fires we’ve had but the reality is this last batch was caused by a freak lightening storm from a tropical storm. That’s not normal. You can attribute it to whatever you like. I’m sorry you lost your house. I also was volunteering to help with the animals so I know how horrible that was.There actually is a known cause of the Tubbs Fire: https://www.sfchronicle.com/californ...562853.phpIt’s still not ok to promote Russian propaganda, no matter what point you are trying to make.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #6
    arthunter

I am specifically speaking on the present situation, most noticeably in Oregon, but involving the whole West coast.

If this is Russian propaganda then please disprove it ...

https://www.rt.com/usa/500696-oregon...-arrest-fires/

9. TopTop #7
    arthunter

Here ... all in one link ... I repeat, I am not writing about the lightening fires, I writing about what's happening right now ... is this normal? ... do you think that as citizens we should be concerned about this?

https://oregoncatalyst.com/49458-pol...v4TujfC_d45IBY

10. TopTop #8
    sealwatcher
    Supporting member

"The numerous arrests have led to speculation on social media that the fires, which many Democrats have blamed on climate change, are politically motivated and being set on purpose. These claims have been dismissed by the FBI as “conspiracy theories” and Facebook has already taken to policing any posts that suggest the blazes are being set by any politically-motivated groups."

From your link, RT. Also from that link:" As well as Lopez Jr., four other people have been arrested on suspicion of starting fires on the West Coast. Meanwhile, one Southern California fire that has destroyed over 10,000 acres of land was reportedly started by actions at a couple’s gender-reveal party."

11. TopTop #9
    sealwatcher
    Supporting member

First, many thanks for looking after the animals!

Your own house burned down? I've been to your house for yard sales and certainly no wildlands fire burned in the area where you live. Arson?

12. TopTop #10
    sealwatcher
    Supporting member

In the same spirit in which you set out several links, I am doing so to stimulate a discussion on "firebugs" - arsonists -

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...onists-mind#1:
    In the FBI report, as well as statistics by the U.S. Fire Administration, part of the Department of Homeland Security, half of all arsons are committed by those younger than age 18; the other half is typically in their late 20s. In arson cases involving older people, the motivation is usually for profit. About 90% of all arsonists are male and they are usually white, states the FBI report.

https://www.officer.com/home/article...arsonists-mind
    The role of mental illness in arson can be complex. It is often assumed that fire-setters are mentally disturbed. Even if an arsonist does have a psychiatric illness, this may not be a contributing factor in the fire-setting behavior, or may be only one of many factors. Pyromania is an established psychiatric diagnosis; however, there are very few true pyromaniacs.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/conditions/pyromania
    Although the exact cause is unknown, pyromania is often associated with other psychiatric conditions, such as mood disorders or substance use disorders. Because it is a rare condition, not many studies have investigated the roots of pyromania. Some research has likened pyromania and other impulse-control disorders to behavioral addictions; some experts have suggested that there may be a genetic link between such conditions.

There's a lot about pyromania and arson available online. Is this what you're asking about, art hunter?

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #11
    arthunter

My point was a simple one ... we are not being warned about a high incidence of arson even though lots of arrests are occuring, Is this OK? Is it dangerous to blame everything on global warming? I further went on to guess that the situation would be politicized and that it would hurt the Democrats.... that was it ... the extent of my comment ... I didn't blame Antifa, or any of the rest of it ...

For some reason this subject is very sensitive so I'm discontinuing my participation in this thread, which has been changed, and no longer reflects a simple comment on a Press Democrat article.

15. TopTop #12
    sealwatcher
    Supporting member

You may have left the thread already but I do need to say that I'm very sensitive to anyone, even you, my friend, undermining the importance of our warming planet. Washington, Oregon and California have suffered more extreme weather, more drought, more flooding, more wildland fires than can be put to pyromaniacs or arsonists. 3.5 million acres lost. Also, the fear evoked by rumors that Antifa was setting fires is to me an indication of how divided the country is.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #13
    arthunter

I can assure you that we all love the earth, so what have you done to protect it?

Have you gone to your county supervisors to protest the pesticide use by wineries? Did you know that the last time I checked Sonoma County was 4th in the state for childhood cancers? Did you know that even "sustainable" wineries are allowed to use pesticides? Have you also protested about the clear cutters in the county who somehow got away with it, a blatant display of putting profits above concern for the land? Have you been out at 4am to pull injured animals out of our bushes? I have done all these things ... I think that this makes me someone who is actually doing something about the environment, though I've not had much success, and why is that I ask if we're all committed to saving the earth? .... Why not start with Sonoma County?

But if someone was out in my yard setting fires, I'd call the cops .. the idea that every single thing that happens on this planet is attributable to global warming is dangerous if it causes us to ignore other real threats, and that's my only point ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sealwatcher: View Post

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

19. TopTop #14
    Mayacaman

Quote arthunter wrote:

I'm sorry but to blame these fires on climate change is overlooking a very serious, life threatening problem ...

In my own ”humble opinion” – and judging from the parameters of the Four Ko-Ti’s of the higher Buddhist Logic, there are several factors which contribute to the volatility of the forests & high country in the Pacific Northwest, and the Western States. There are also several plausible explanations for the incidence of fires in these regions in recent years (Since the "Valley Fire" in Lake County in 2015).

Very definitely - and without a doubt - there is such a thing as “Global Warming” and “Climate Change.” Whatever one may think or say about Al Gore & his opportunism in the “Carbon Credits” Racket, his Movie, “An Inconvenient Truth” did document very succinctly, and very conclusively the evidence of the Glacial Ice melting, and the precipitous condition of the West Antarctic Ice Shelf, and the Greenland Ice Sheet.

The sitting POTUS, and his sycophants also have a point, regarding “bad forest management.” For years, the dead wood & underbrush have been allowed to build up in the forest preserves in the Western States, which has led to a horrific degree of volatility.

Any aficionado of the Red Path will also tell you that Native Americans would systematically burn the underbrush in the forests every ten years. This was the case with the Chumash in the Santa Barbara Mountains. Every ten years, they would bring their teepees & wigwams down to the beach, and set the underbrush on the mountains on fire, while they had a big luau on the beach.

So, it would have been expedient and good if the Departments of Forestry in
    California, Oregon & Washington had acted pro-actively to encourage & license small-time entrepreneurs to cut dead wood to sell for firewood during the past three decades. Moot point.

Two other factors have contributed to the volatility of the woods in recent years – And they are factors which will be discounted by some hard-core “climate change” believers. There is the phenomenon of Geoengineering and also the effects of Chemtrails on the forests.

Some aver that Sudden Oak Death syndrome is, in part a function of the residues of heavy metal particulates that are found in chemtrails, being absorbed by trees, making them far more flammable than they were by Nature, in times past…

Again, I am merely enumerating a list of possibilities.

One “theory” regarding the origin of the recent fires in the Pacific Northwest that has coexisted among right-wingers & Q-Cult folks along with the “theory” blaming ANTIFA, is the notion that the twelve thousand bolts of “dry lightning” that started as many fires in California on August 17 2020, were the “Wrath of God”. This is what that problem child over at Natural News.com, “Health Ranger” Mike Adams, said.

I will state – for the Record – that I am not inclined to believe this theory, at all. I am merely including it as an item in this list.

The Department of Defense has slyly insinuated that the fires might be the devious work of China -OR- Russia. On September 16, 2020, Secretary of Defense Mark Esper confirmed that China & Russia possess and are using directed energy weapons (DEW) in space .

However, if either China or Russia were responsible for the huge number of fires this "Fire Season" in the Western United States, We (the so-called "United States") would already be at War with the guilty party. It would be after all, an act of War.

Ipso Ergo
    , if the hand of Someone has been sending thunder & lightning from on high, then there exists the strong possibility that Donald Johann Drumpf is playing “god” ( Thor ) with his own high-tech DEW (Directed Energy Weapon) war toys in the fancy romper-room in the basement of the White House. One man who has bravely asserted this to be the case, is Professor Rick Duarte, on his facebook page, “WEATHER WARS INTERNATIONAL”.

There have been quite a number of eyewitness accounts - as well as cell-phone videos made - of the fires in California since 2017, the year that Boeing sold that special Jet with the cute blue nose-cone to the Air Force & the Pentagon.

So there you have it. Whatever small-time pikers from ANTIFA =OR= BLM
    =OR= “The Proud Boys” =OR= assorted freelance wacko pyromaniacs may have been doing (with or without remuneration from Soros) there is the strong possibility that the Government of the United States has been burning the rural freeholders out of their country lands in order to fulfill the dictates of UN_Agenda_21.

As someone who has recently (September 27, 2020) been 'burned out', I can comment on this - that it is a plausible explanation - given what I experienced that night, and also since, as I have returned to survey the aftermath of the "fire" on my scorched homestead. In my own opinion, as an unlettered historian, this phase of late Amerikan History is a recapitulation of the Highland Clearances of yesteryear.

= With the significant difference that - unlike the Highland Clearances of yesteryear (during which the hireling thugs of the Hanoverian Lairds were very much in evidence) - in today's world there is the factor of "plausible deniability" =

20. TopTop #15
    Mayacaman

I have a 'thesis' regarding the prevalent incidence of "wildfires" that have been happening in the West since roughly 2015, when the "Valley Fire" in Lake County, California burned up more than 750,000 acres. The thesis is as follows: These fires are not solely the result of climate change or global warming. I suspect that directed energy weapons are being used by the Feds to burn the rural landholders out of their rural land holdings.

This is in full accord with the thesis about the subtext of "UN_Agenda_21" that is put forth in the book "Behind the Green Mask" by Rosa Koire. For my part, I liken this current wave of forced evictions to the "Highland Clearances" of old, in Scotland. It may also be termed the "lumpenization" of the rural yeomanry in America.

Of course this idea will be dismissed -out of the gate- by many as a "conspiracy theory". But, as one who was recently ‘made Homeless’ on the night of September 27, 2020, and who barely escaped with his life, I can state - for the Record - that I am 99% certain that directed energy weapons were used in my case, on my rural homestead. The forensic evidence is still in place on the site at this date {December 10, 2020].

I would be interested in meeting anyone who has documentary & video skills and is willing and able to accompany me around the neighborhood of Los Alamos Road to document all of the anomalies regarding the ancillary fire {to the "Glass Fire Incident"} that consumed much of Los Alamos Canyone del Norte {in eastern Sonoma County} on the night of September 27, 2020.

21. Gratitude expressed by:

22. TopTop #16
    pamelaL

Interesting post there....my rural place in Oregon has been spared; so far. The fires that took Coffee Park et al down did not have me evacuating that year, however, the night before the ash started falling here in Sebastopol, a weird wind came up the likes I had never witnessed before. I could see a concentrated circle about 2 feet in diameter chaotically and rapidly whipping around back and forth, up and down on the loan redwood tree in the back yard; it repeatedly did these moves and after a few minutes flew east. The wind was hot. I have a unique sensitivity to subtle energies and information on all levels. I felt in that wind something I have never in my life felt before in the wind. I have always loved and celebrated the wind, even written poetry about it. But that wind....? That wind raised the hair on my arms and the back of my neck; I felt spooked by the malevolent feeling it emitted, as if it were conscious and intending harm. I wonder what Murray might have said.....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post

23. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

24. TopTop #17
    Mayacaman

pamelaL wrote :

"...the night before the ash started falling here in Sebastopol, a weird wind came up the likes I had never witnessed before. I could see a concentrated circle about 2 feet in diameter chaotically and rapidly whipping around back and forth, up and down on the loan redwood tree in the back yard; it repeatedly did these moves and after a few minutes flew east. The wind was hot. I have a unique sensitivity to subtle energies and information on all levels. I felt in that wind something I have never in my life felt before in the wind. I have always loved and celebrated the wind, even written poetry about it. But that wind....? That wind raised the hair on my arms and the back of my neck; I felt spooked by the malevolent feeling it emitted, as if it were conscious and intending harm..."

On the night of September 27, 2020, as I was making my getaway from the hollow in the hills where I have lived for the past thirty-six years, & as I was traversing the five/eights of a mile up Timberline Drive with fire on both sides of the road, from the spur where McCormick Road conjoins Timberline, up to the Summit where it becomes Los Alamos Road, I had to traverse two sections of roughly forty feet of solid flames, ash, & smoke.

F
    or a few yards, on account of the smoke, ashes & flames, visibility was nil. In the midst of all that, I was blown off the road {onto the "hot" side) -with what seemed like the force of a tornado- through the metal stakes & wire mesh of the fence that defines the perimeter of the right-of-way; the ribbon of roadway down to Hood Mountain Park.

Had I not been possessed of the crazy wisdom that comes from being full of adrenaline, and had I not known how to guide my truck back through the fence to break it down again to get back on the road, i swear to you, i would have perished in ten seconds. For had I not been able to make it back onto the road, the gas tank on the truck would have exploded.

Now that wind - i would say - was a wicked wind. It did not come from "G-D" = Nor from Green Mother Nature.

I picture some evil twenty-something, who was weaned playing evil video games, and still skateboards around Georgetown & works in the Basement of the Puzzle Palace or the Pentagon =OR= Perhaps it was that evil post-adolescent POTUS himself, playing with his joy-stick in the basement of the
    WeissHaüs.

No matter; some evil bastard, somewhere, was very busy, twisting dials that night.