Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

America Is A Fascist Nation

This song, "BYOB," by the band, "System of A Down," sums it up pretty well:

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    socoexpat

Re: America is a Fascist nation

Interesting you should use a thrash metal band to support your “point”. Not to mention a song released a couple years into Democrat Bill Clintons precidency.

So let me ask you this- when was the last time you were out of the Nor Cal bubble?
    If America is “facist”- do tell what country/government you hold onto as a shinging example (bonus points if you can tell last time you lived there (as a”traveller” counts... as a “tourist” not so much)

3. TopTop #3
    comodin

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    I am a new correspondent on this BB, but I am connected to several of the members here. I appreciate this thrash metal band video, as it reminds me of the "old days" of being a very angry, depressed and thoroughly disappointed "flower child" of the 60's and 70's, who knew that we were headed into fascism back when JFK, MLK, RFK, and many progressive artists and musicians were assassinated because of their messages to my generation. It is still happening, and now it is worse, but it is out in the open if folks will just pay attention to what is going on around them, and turn off their TV's with the "programming" of network news and stupid TV shows, not to mention the brainwashing of many Hollywood movies. I am saddened by the constant arguing back and forth on this bulletin board with many folks never really reading the links some committed readers are posting, and then the attack modes people use to discredit many opinions. Some writers are really doing amazing research and trying to get the word out to all of us, if we will just pay attention. Remember the musical play, "Cabaret"? I do, as I am an actress, and I really see such synchronicities in the current state of affairs as were present during the time of the Nazi regime and the Fascist regimes before WW2. It is time for ALL of us to come together for the sake of our children, the planet and the future, before we all ruin the paradise we could live in, if we would only face facts about ourselves. Racism, sexism, classism, homophobia: all are produced by FEAR of the "other" , and NOW is the time to change this paradigm. I know that I am just a flawed human being myself, but I am doing my work every day to change and grow with compassion, understanding and patience. I challenge myself and all of you to look at the bigger picture, and see what common ground we might find, instead of constant arguments and the belittling of the "other"!

From a friend of Comodin and others on this site

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

The British Academy, June 20, 2020

America first and American fascism

As ongoing protests against racial injustice and police brutality in the United States are met with militarised police action, tear gas, the National Guard, and threats of military intervention from representatives of the Trump administration and U.S. Congress, many observers are asking if this is what American fascism looks like. It is a question the Trump campaign itself raised when it decided to revive a forgotten political slogan, "America First" in 2016. In this 10-Minute Talk, Sarah Churchwell offers a brief history of "America First" and answers the perennial question of American fascism: can it happen here?

6. Gratitude expressed by: