If you haven't already, read Peter Byrne's latest Bohemian column about the Caddell's horrible Petaluma Valley Hospital experience.

https://www.metroactive.com/bohemian...yrne-0642.html

In response, I just wrote this letter to the Bohemian editors:

Regarding the travesty wrought upon little Sara Caddell at Petaluma Valley Hospital, I strongly recommend that Dr. Stephen Krickl be fired, stripped of his medical license and charged with child endangerment himself, not only for his failure to act appropriately and expeditiously on Sara's behalf, but for his ass-backward judgement regarding the actions of Sara's mother, Cathy, who is obviously an extremely well-informed and caring parent who acted completely within the realm of reason in regard to the safety of her child. For Dr. Krickl and Dr. Martha Cueto-Salas to treat Cathy Caddell as though she were somehow irresponsible is unforgiveable. At the very least, Petaluma Valley Hospital should erase most, if not all, of the $12,000 bill, most of which was due to Dr. Krickl's unconscionable action of forcing a seven-year-old girl that displayed absolutely no ill symptoms to endure a night in the Intensive Care Unit, not because of her condition, but due to his own ill-informed opinions regarding Sara's mother. I applaud Cathy and Craig Caddell for maintaining a level of restraint that I, a father of two girls, am not sure that I could have.

Regarding the related issue of "under-vaccination", I implore readers (especially parents and doctors) to seek out the plethora of information availabe online and elsewhere discussing the extreme dangers inherent in many vaccines and prescription medications that are being shoved into the bloodstreams of children in the name of pharmaceutical company greed. The recent sharp rise in autism rates alone (linked to vaccines) should have parents and doctors alike screaming "NO!" to OVER-vaccination.